User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ARC-V Episode 115 Discussion: Random GX Duel, Good and Relevant Plot Twists

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ARC-V Episode 115 Discussion: Random GX Duel, Good and Relevant Plot Twists

"To stop the marriage between Rin & Ruri with the Professor's son Reiji Akaba", Yuya and his pals are heading towards Academia with the help of a pirate named Captain "Han D." Solo. However, there is a plot twist here.
    Spoiler Alert!
    Serena betrays the Lancers and captures Yuzu and they use a helicopter to fly away.
    Gongenzaka and Sawatari are demoted to extra while the pirate captain challenges Yuya to card him.

Well, the duel is as random as almost any duel in GX (and no Kozmo). What this duel demonstrates us again is that Yuya still relies too much on Action Cards, and it bites him in the ass. Captain Solo introduces another semi-broken card, a Fusion Monster named Captain Lock. Fitting to his name, he's a Level Roku (6) Monster with the ability to lock the opponent from playing monsters from the hand. However, there is another good plot twist.
    Spoiler Alert!
    As Yuya's stunt to pull an Action Card almost kills again, Crow, Reiji and Reira save him. Tsukikage appears out of nowhere and saves Gongenzaka and Sawatari. Sora joins Yuya's duel and he avoids Captain Solo's summoning and Fusion Summons Haken Kraken. With Yuya's Trap Card, he defeats the Captain. Thanks to Tsukikage, the pirates are unable to follow the Lancers. Speaking of Lancers, with Sora and Crow in the team, we got plenty of strength. But... where... is... JACK ATLAS?!

Preview:
    Spoiler Alert!

-Kaito duels the guardian woman of the West Tower.
    -Yugo duels the guardian dude of the East Tower.
    -Clear Wings and Galaxy-Eyes Cipher will appear. (Which is not a spoiler because it's obvious.)
    Last edited by KingJinzo; 24th July 2016 at 03:37 PM.
    I FUCKING HATE DUB NAMES! I HATE DUB NAMES SO MUCH!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spoiler Alert!
    Better we get a Saiou Takuma cameo as the one who brainwashed the girls or I will flip tables. Also, better the bracelet girls do slasher smiles from now on.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LolsterXD97 View Post
    Spoiler Alert!
    Better we get a Takuma Saiou cameo as the one who brainwashed the girls or I will flip tables. Also, better the bracelet girls do slasher smiles from now on.
    Well, that happens once every series.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Totally ready for the Speedroid hype.
    Also, I hope they make Reiji duel soon.
    And, at least from what I undestood, the ones that were left protecting the City were Tokumatsu and Shinji, nothing was said about Jack, so there's a chance he will show up sometime soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They could've let gongezaka or sawatari duel ffs. Yuya duels everyone and is always locked and needs action cards. Even performapal seel eel (pendulum effect negaes the effect of a monster) would have let yuya otk that pirate. I guess they only introduce new performapals in duels that really have some plot development.
    Some cliché stuff with yuzu and yuya being together again for like 10 minutes
    Serena's brainwash/mind control (said by someone last week that she was smiling too much and something would've happen)
    New death-toy without the Dark-attribute
    Anyway, going on the preview; how did yugo find out where rin was? he wasn't there when Yushou, kaito and asuka were on the boat. I hope they don't make him magically appear on the tower without some explanation..

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While there were some solid plot elements today, I can't help but feel that this episode was... boring.
    It might be just me needing to readapt to Gx's... Gxiness, but I don't think it mixed very well with the current setting. Or maybe it didn't go as far in the over-the-top as it could've? To me, the whole thing just felt oddly slow-paced, and somewhat dull.

Spoiler Alert!

As expected considering the upcoming episode previews, Serena turned against the Lancers, most likely because of brainwashing, although this time it doesn't seem to be working the same as way as with Roger's mind control chips, which were turning the Security people emotionless. Her going full Egao was a nice fake-out. Then again, as already mentionned, it was so unnatural from her part that it couldn't be anything but a warning signal.

So... Do the roller blades give any speed boost to Yuya? Sure, they let him do new stunts and all, but at some point, it looked like walking would be much faster o.o

It's good to see the remaining Lancers finally coming back. I could've lived without Crow, but now that he's here, hopefully Jack will come back soon too. It's also good to know that Shinji was left in Synchro. Hopefully, we won't have to see him again.
    Also, at some point, I was thinking Reiji won't be having a single line in this episode, considering how silent he was while driving >.<

Registered User False_Revelation's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reiji has his duel disk which as far as we've seen means he will be dueling in a few episodes. (like 1 or 2 but this time it might be 3 or 4)
    Even if he does, there's really no one that could actually make it entertaining so it might just be another Roger duel.
    Its sad to think that yuya is the best duelist reiji has dueled so far. And is the only one thats actually "come close to beating him."
    All I want is to make me into myself.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by False_Revelation View Post
    Reiji has his Duel Disk which as far as we've seen means he will be dueling in a few episodes. (like 1 or 2, but this time it might be 3 or 4)
    Even if he does, there's really no one that could actually make it entertaining so it might just be another Roget duel.
    It's sad to think thatYyuya is the best duelist Reiji has dueled so far. And is the only one thats actually "come close to beating him."
    Well, Reiji is basically the best combination between Kaiba and Atem. He has the power of Kaiba, but the variety of Atem. He at least gives us new stuff everytime he duels and he doesn't need to spam the same monster over and over again to win a duel. (Not even Atem spammed Dark Magician that much, especially in Battle City, where he used him in only three out of nine duels.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm calling it. Right after yugo finds out what's wrong with rin after their duel Yuri is gonna show up and duel yugo (without interruptions this time). It's the last thing that is missing from the new intro. We already got the towers explained

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NassX View Post
    I'm calling it. Right after yugo finds out what's wrong with rin after their duel Yuri is gonna show up and duel yugo (without interruptions this time). It's the last thing that is missing from the new intro. We already got the towers explained
    Da bull Yugo is going to get absorbed for plot hype.