User Tag List

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ARC-V Episode 116 Discussion: Sun and Moon

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ARC-V Episode 116 Discussion: Sun and Moon

To rescue Cure Windy and Cure Egret (how they split into two people is a mystery) from the fangs of Labyrinth (even though they are from a different series), Funny-Yuya and ZEXAL-Kaiba go to the towers where the sun rises and where the sun sets down. Funny-Yuya faces the male version of Eas, while ZEXAL-Kaiba faces the female version of Westar. That's my obligatory Pretty Cure joke.

Nothing spoiler-tag-worthy this episode.

Anyway, the episode starts with Yugo being teleported to Academia, and he lands with his D-Wheel in the middle of a class lecture. Thankfully, the floors are wide enough that he don't run anyone over with his D-Wheel and his driving skills. Next to the Professor is an old man and his hair looks a lot like Goodwin's. He seems to be responsible for manipulating the girls. And he has a spider motif, apparently...

Yusho, Asuka and Kaito arrive at Academia and Yugo meets them, so he could learn about the two towers. The Lancers are on the way to arrive to the island and they talk about the plot. Thanks to Sora, we get a wonderful and sad shot of all four Bracelet Girls.

Kaito duels Diana and Yugo duels Apollo. Those two guardians are so unimportant, they don't get actual faces. There is nothing unique to them. They basically use the same monster with almost the same effect, only of the opposite sex and different Fusion Materials, and they run the same Trap Card. Of course, Yugo and Kaito do the unpredictable and summon their ace monsters in their first turn like they've never done that. Both guardians try to seal the effects of the two dragons and stall the duel, only with Apollo using a burn strategy, while Diana uses a recovery strategy. However, both, Yugo and Kaito use the same strategy: clearing the Tokens from the board with their dragons and then upgrading their dragons in the middle of the Battle Phase. Both end the duel in an epic way, especially Kaito with his Neo-Galaxy-Eyes and Galaxy-Eyes double attack. So yeah, Solgaleo and Lunala don't last a single round.

We finally see Ruri and Rin. Ruri meets Kaito, and Rin and Yugo are reunited and she goes full tsundere on him. But since you know what is going on, yeah... THAT SMILE IS FUCKING CREEPY!! That and Yugo's face are definitely going to be memes.

Spoiler Alert!

Now for the preview:
    Spoiler Alert!

-Kurosaki has finally recovered and he and Edo meet with Kaito. Apparently, Kurosaki will duel Ruri.
    -Rin duels Yugo and she is "infect with what I call the Fusion virus". Uhh...
    -Edo does his smug faces from the first GX season 2 episodes before he went full emo.
    Last edited by KingJinzo; 31st July 2016 at 06:04 PM.
    I FUCKING HATE DUB NAMES! I HATE DUB NAMES SO MUCH!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This episode was not that interesting. New SR cards are ok, the person next to the Professor reminds me of Sartorius...
    But the preview...oh boy

Spoiler Alert!

Shun is back with Edo? damn. Also more RR cards with the duel with Ruri (I wouldnt hold my hopes, no Shun cards confirmed for raging Tempest)
    Seems like Rin is playing a mix of Meklord (art wise) and Butterspy-esque-speedroids.
    Also Ruri is playing Ice cards (lets hope for Rio's cards someday).

I am a bit hyped for many new cards, finally a few ep without Yuya and his circus...

Warera wa hitotsu ni

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EmperorShun View Post
    This episode was not that interesting. New SR cards are ok, the person next to the Professor reminds me of Saiou...
    But the preview...oh boy

Spoiler Alert!

Kurosaki is back with Edo? damn. Also more RR cards with the duel with Ruri (I wouldnt hold my hopes, no Kurosaki cards confirmed for raging Tempest)
    Seems like Rin is playing a mix of Meklord (art wise) and Butterspy-esque-speedroids.
    Also Ruri is playing Ice cards (lets hope for Rio's cards someday).

I am a bit hyped for many new cards, finally a few ep without Yuya and his circus...

Stop hating the main character.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spoiler Alert!
    -Holy shit, did Ruri just push Kaito off the tower and Rin destroy Yugo's D-Wheel in the preview?
    -Calling it, the Fusion Parasite card is the method that Godwin expy uses to control the girls.
    -Rin's Fusion really looks like a Meklord. And did the other monster belong to Ruri or Rin?

About the episode itself, nothing to say, the mooks lasted just 1 round but at least we got another Speedroid searcher and the finishing moves were epic.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingJinzo View Post
    Stop hating the main character.
    I never said I hate him. He just got too much duels in the last months for my taste... Im just happy we get to see more cards from other characters that actually need more (i.e. Speedorids). Sorry if I spelled it like I hate him :/
    Warera wa hitotsu ni

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EmperorShun View Post
    I never said I hate him. He just got too much duels in the last months for my taste... Im just happy we get to see more cards from other characters that actually need more (i.e. Speedorids). Sorry if I spelled it like I hate him :/
    Well, he is the main character, of course he duels a lot. But you have to admit that he was in center of the whole Yuya-Yusho-Edo plot, he had a history with Kachidoki, and he had to deal with Kaito. He didn't do much in the pirate episode, the spotlight was given to Sora instead.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm the only one who thinks Rin's face from the preview looked really sultry?

Because I couldn't help drawing her with that face as she banged with Yugo.
    Cubic, Cyber Angel, Gimmick Puppet, Lunalight, Lyrilusc, Melodious, Performapal Odd-Eyes Magician, Phantom Knights, Predaplant, Qli, Raidraptor, Speedroid, Supreme King Magician, Windwitch

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 2 new Speedroid cards are great, I hope Konami won't nerf "Speedroid Scratch" and change the Effect of the Tuner a bit so it doesn't depend on luck.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by XBrain130 View Post
    I'm the only one who thinks Rin's face from the preview looked really sultry?

Because I couldn't help drawing her with that face as she banged with Yugo.
    I guess she really loves the taste of his banana.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This episode was pointlessness incarnate. We really should have skipped over these duels entirely and gotten straight to the Ruris. Although I admit the flashiness of Neo Cipher Dragon and Cipher Dragon dancing in the sky together was really pretty.