User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So let's take a closer look at Yusho

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So let's take a closer look at Yusho

So we saw Yuya influence Yugo a few episodes back, and he seemed very confused when the "trance" ended. But this raises the question... When Yuya first used his Pendulum Cards, he sure seemed like he knew what he was doing, only to become confused and not understand how they worked in a later duel just shortly after. Is it possible that someone has had the same level of manipulation over Yuya that he had over Yugo in that instant? The only people I could consider doing that at this point are Yusho (who conveniently uses his own Magician archetype), Yuri (although this also seems rather unlikely).

Perhaps the fact that Yusho's advice regarding the Pendulum in the first episode flashback is ultimately what caused Yuya to discover Pendulum Summoning, with the archetype Yusho uses no less, is some sort of factor in what's happening? We don't know where Yusho is, but it would make a lot of sense if he was in some way helping from the distance. Perhaps he is taken prisoner by Academia? It is only because of Yusho that Action Duels exist, and with the recent developments regarding Dennis, it might be a sort of hint as to Yusho's fate as well.

What do you think? Is Yusho being held captive by Academia and helping Yuya through the typical Yu-Gi-Oh! magic? Is it just a case of "like father, like son"? Or do you think Yuri would have his own motives for helping Yuya? (It's also okay if you think it's all hogwash, but let's start a discussion anyhow)

Registered User Mystic TimeKeeper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To rise one more point, why Yusho is Reiji's enemy? At least that's what Himika said at the start of the series.

There are good chances Yusho is involved with Academia, but I'm not sure which side I expect him to be with, disappearing for so long is surely suious, if he was a prisoner though I guess we would have heard of him, or at least Akaba Leo would have showed some interest in Yuya.

About Yuri, for what I understood the extent of Yuri's thinking doesn't go beyond his order, unless it's about carding random people for the sake of it, so it seems unlikely Yuri would help Yuya since all the academy's grunts didn't seem to pay any attention for him.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic TimeKeeper View Post
    To rise one more point, why Yusho is Reiji's enemy? At least that's what Himika said at the start of the series.

There are good chances Yusho is involved with Academia, but I'm not sure which side I expect him to be with, disappearing for so long is surely suious, if he was a prisoner though I guess we would have heard of him, or at least Akaba Leo would have showed some interest in Yuya.

About Yuri, for what I understood the extent of Yuri's thinking doesn't go beyond his order, unless it's about carding random people for the sake of it, so it seems unlikely Yuri would help Yuya since all the academy's grunts didn't seem to pay any attention for him.
    Yusho being Leo Corp's enemy doesn't necessarily make him a Fusionist. He might simply have refused to offer his help when they asked for it for a reason or another, and therefore the Akabas labeled him as such.

That flashback Yuya had in the first episode had Yusho state that the pendant will show him the way, or something among these lines. Being the magical ancient artifact of this series, it might simply be a sentient being living inside the pendant, having similar powers to Yuya's (and by extension, possibly all the Yu-bros) "psychic abilities", leading to a somewhat identical phenomenon as the one seen in Episode 72. I keep thinking this sentient being might have a connection with the "God/Divine Pendulum" mentionned in Flash Knight's OCG flavor text, but it being Yusho would make sense too. His disappearance might be due to him "entering" the pendant. Or perhaps, before vanishing, he stored a copy of his consciousness inside it. Or maybe he turned the thing into a Horcrux; I dunno..

Another possibility is that the pendant is some sort of interdimensional communication device, with Yusho occasionally being on the other side of the line, wherever he is, and by following the "like father, like son" reasoning, he could have projected himself into Yuya's mind, have him "unlock" the Pendulum Cards then continue the duel on his son's behalf just so he can keep some sort of record of how their summoning mechanic works so that Yuya can refer back to it afterwards.
    Now, following this line of logic, as well as using one of @AccelRainbowDashley's theories, having Yuya discovering Pendulums during one of his duels that happens to be TV broadcast is pretty convenient, isn't it? Not only it would serve as a tutorial for Yuya, but it can also be used to send some sort of message, either to the Akabas, or any other potential ally or enemy in Standard. So there must be some exterior help to allow such events to take place, no? And who can possibly permit that in this context?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still would like to be under the assumption that Yusho is working for Academia and they're working to fight a bigger threat. But given how far we are in the series and the main characters haven't even MET Leo, I think either we're going to have a very long series, or Leo is the one and final villain.

OR maybe when they think they've won, Yusho will step out and be like "Yes it 'twas I" and challenge Yuya to a duel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd like to think Leo and Yusho were allies that worked together on some project in Academia, then some divergence happened, Leo went Kaiser-Mode and Yusho was somewhat excluded, more wishful thinking, maybe soem lead to Sakaki Yusho resides in the Synchro Dimension, I'd like for Yuya to travel dimension and find info on his father bit by bit.

Registered User Hope in the Interstice's Avatar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic TimeKeeper View Post
    I'd like to think Leo and Yusho were allies that worked together on some project in Academia, then some divergence happened, Leo went Kaiser-Mode and Yusho was somewhat excluded, more wishful thinking, maybe soem lead to Sakaki Yusho resides in the Synchro Dimension, I'd like for Yuya to travel dimension and find info on his father bit by bit.
    That sounds a bit like what Doctor Faker did to Kazuma Tsukumo.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is my first time ever posting on a forum. Anyways I think you bring up an interesting question about Yusho. My worry is that they'll treat Yusho the same way they treated Yuma's father where they didn't involve much. The one thing that stands out to me is that Dennis knows of Yusho saying how he's a famous Duelist. I remember it was when Dennis first appeared in the show in the Maiami Championship and talked to Yuya but I can't exactly remember what he said about how he knew Yusho and his Entertainment dueling. Maybe Dennis knows of Yusho because Yusho is a prisoner in the Fusion Dimension?

Registered User Hope in the Interstice's Avatar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKaash View Post
    This is my first time ever posting on a forum. Anyways I think you bring up an interesting question about Yusho. My worry is that they'll treat Yusho the same way they treated Yuma's father where they didn't involve much. The one thing that stands out to me is that Dennis knows of Yusho saying how he's a famous Duelist. I remember it was when Dennis first appeared in the show in the Maiami Championship and talked to Yuya but I can't exactly remember what he said about how he knew Yusho and his Entertainment dueling. Maybe Dennis knows of Yusho because Yusho is a prisoner in the Fusion Dimension?
    There's a crucial difference between Kazuma and Yusho; we haven't seen any traces of Yusho in the present day yet. Even Kazuma left a trace or two back in ZeXal through the Emperor's Key and other trinkets but now we have nothing that even remotely suggests where Yusho is and what he's doing. Being involved in the Fusion Dimension sounds likely.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's true atleast Kazuma guided Yuma. I like what Mystic Timekeeper said about how maybe Yusho and Leo were allies that went sour after Leo came up with a plan to unite the 4 Dimensions that Yusho didn't like. This would lead to Yusho being captured by the Professor and his forces and being trapped in the Fusion Dimension. Still curious how Dennis knows Yusho. And why Trapeze Magician resembles Sky Magician

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKaash View Post
    That's true atleast Kazuma guided Yuma. I like what Mystic Timekeeper said about how maybe Yusho and Leo were allies that went sour after Leo came up with a plan to unite the 4 Dimensions that Yusho didn't like. This would lead to Yusho being captured by the Professor and his forces and being trapped in the Fusion Dimension. Still curious how Dennis knows Yusho. And why Trapeze Magician resembles Sky Magician
    About Dennis knowing Yusho, he was famous in standard, so to infiltrate into the Lancers it's natural to assume he did research the group, so him stumbling on informations about Yusho and using them to approach Yuya and Yuzu doesn't seem unnatural.

About Trapeze Magician resembling Sky Magician, that's tricky to guess. Either they wanted to give us some hint or it's just aesthetic.