User Tag List

Thread: [EP16] More Japanese Names

The Ender of Misinformation Organization Messenger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[EP16] More Japanese Names

These translations aren’t based on hunches.

怪粉壊獣ガダーラ Kaifun Kaijyuu Gadaara for “Gadarla, the Mystery Dust Kaiju”, it’s more or less a straight translation of the TCG name, except粉 is more along the lines of Powder.

KYOUTOUウォーターフロント is well, Kyoutou Waterfront

妨げられた壊獣の眠りSamatagerareta Kaijyuu no Nemuri is basically a very unexpectedly awkward straight translation of “Interrupted Kaiju Slumber”

Kozmo-スリップライダー is literally Kozmo – Sliprider, thus Kozmo Sliprider

バージェストマ・ハルキゲニア is Burgesstoma Hallucigenia, the OCG name forPaleozoic Hallucigenia, so more or less a straight translation of the Korean Name.

バージェストマ・ピカイア is Burgesstoma Pikaia, a straight translation of the Korean Name for Palezoic Pikaia

バージェストマ・ディノミスクス is Burgesstoma, a straight translation of the Korean name forPaleozoic Dinomischus.
    Also for what it’s worth, the OCG text for the 2nd effects of the Palezoic / Burgesstoma cards, is extremely straightforward in describing them as optional, in that it says you can choose to activate them. “When, Can” specifically.
    So no need for hunches that they’re optional effects, in Japan and Asia, the cards flat up tell you.
    Source: The Poster
    ------ https://ygorganization.com/ep16-more-japanese-names/ - NeoArkadia

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's been a while since I've Burgesstoma'd (thanks NAS), remind me what the main issue presented by their revival effects being optional is?
    #222937 for invisitext in the Org's dark. Try it out!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If they were Mandatory, one trap activation would cause all of your Plazeoics in grave to activate.
    Last edited by JoJoToast; 4th August 2016 at 07:03 AM.
    Stop spreading on me!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJoToast View Post
    If they were Mandatory, one trap activation would cause all of your Plazeoics in grave to activate.
    I suppose I should've said "the main issue presented by their revival effects being optional-when is?"; I'm aware of what'd happen with it being mandatory, but I'm still a bit unsure how it being optional-when (instead of optional-if) impacts its use.
    #222937 for invisitext in the Org's dark. Try it out!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently, Dinomischus' Japanese text says "Target 1 face-up monster on the field" instead of "Target 1 face-up card on the field". What's up with that, is it an error on the poster?