Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Next TCG Banlist Discussion

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Next TCG Banlist Discussion

TCG Banlist Discussion:

NOTE: These are not necessarily my opinions; the options on this list are those that have been widely talked about and in addition, enforced in the OCG. In addition, these are cards moving up on the banlist, because other than the babies coming back when the daddies were banned, no-one knows what the hell Konami will do. It's merely something that I haven't seen as much discussion as I'd like aside from Yugitubers.

Banned:

* Performapal Monkeyboard: Banned in the OCG; it is still highly searchable by other cards and functions as a 1-card scale. While this would have been less of a problem before the release of the Scale 8 "Performapal Odd-Eyes Unicorn", it now has four targets as opposed to one less-than desirable target. I personally don't want it to be banned for the sake of Performapals by themselves, but if it has to happen, it has to happen.

* Kozmo Tincan: Suggested by some to prevent Kozmo recovery and give them less access to the Graveyard, but others argue that simply hitting Dark Destroyer, the general end result, will be enough.

* Card of Demise: Gives quite a lot of advantage for costs that are deceptively simple to play around. Could possibly be Limited instead.

* Gem-Knight Seraphinite or Brilliant Fusion: Suggested by people paranoid of the "Brilliant Fusion" engine; "Seraphinite" serves as a means to mill LIGHT monsters and provides an extra Normal Summon, which can be absolutely crucial. I really don't want Gem-Knights to get hit though.

* Majespecter Unicorn - Kirin: Has also been suggested to be Limited (my personal thoughts as well, it's only up this high due to highest mention); "Kirin" is extremely potent and difficult to counter removal; being the worst parts of "Kozmo" starships and "Brionac". In addition, it can potentially dodge "Kaijus", and that's no small feat to claim.

* The Monarch's Stormforth: I'm not sure if this would even get touched, but it is an undeniably powerful card. It's removal, summon support, it's almost always available, and it's searchable.

* Elder Entity Norden: Is it really so powerful? I'm not sure that it needs a ban; it doesn't do a lot here. Regardless, it's still an easy Rank 4 that's almost always live. Banned in the OCG, though they do have "Super Polyermization" and we don't.

Limited:

* Kozmo Dark Destroyer: This is Kozmo's most potent beatstick, and one that is often very nastily looped via its own destruction effect. Kozmo starships have warped the metagame via their target immunity and launching effects; this would slightly neuter their power, while still leaving "Dark Eclipser" and "Dark Planet" for alternate options (which would be very nice to see).

* Dante, Traveller of the Burning Abyss: Limited in the OCG; "Burning Abyss" have been around for over two years. While previously neutered, the interactions with "The Phantom Knights" and the "Speedroid" engine have caused their power to rise again. Double Dante looping itself is still a problem as well.

* Pantheism of the Monarchs: Incredible consistency. Limited in the OCG. There is little more to say.

* Domain of the True Monarchs: It's an easy lockdown out of the Extra Deck, which no-one likes. Granted, it's thought that by many that hitting both Pantheism and Stormforth will be enough and thus this will remain untouched, but this card is Limited in the OCG and Stormforth is not.

* Performapal Pendulum Sorcerer: Limited in the OCG, but unlikely given the presence as a promo in the Mega-tins. Gives excellent advantage, especially by searching "Skullcrobat Joker" and "Monkeyboard".

* Speedroid Terrortop: Many view this as too powerful, given that it's a one-card Rank 3 without needing to use a Normal Summon. I personally don't think (and hope that) it won't get hit, given how crucial it is for Speedroids even if "Scratching" is released.

* Pendulum Call: I don't think that this needs it, but it's certainly a possibility with it Limited in the OCG and it is still rather powerful. However, "Cosmic Cyclone" has been receiving a lot of hype over here, so it may not need the hit…and yet that may not save it.

* Cir and/or Scarm, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss: Scarm is Limited in the OCG and Cir is Semi-Limited over here. Both of them give more chances to use the many excellent effects in the Burning Abyss theme, and Scarm can also search out Tour Guide.

Semi-Limited:

* Solemn Strike: Keep in mind that this is a card that many WANT Limited, but no-one thinks that it will be, what with a reprint on the way in the Mega-Tins (heck, it may even stay untouched). It's very powerful, and very versatile, and usually always active.

* Kozmotown: It's been suggested that this go to Limited, in order to prevent it from searching another copy of itself, but this has been a popular opinion. Regardless, it's good recovery and at current it's difficult to stop it due to being able to search out the other copies in the time it takes to win.

So yeah. Discuss. And feel free to discuss returns as well, I just hate trying to predict those given the usual approach we get to 'em.
    Last edited by Sanokal; 7th August 2016 at 07:34 AM. Reason: Line break goof.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haven't been keeping up with the game, but I mostly agree with these changes. Especially the Forbidden ones.
    Ban or, at least, limit "Solemn Strike", please. I hate cards that negate Summons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is what I would like to see:

Forbidden:
    Card of Demise (Deserves it)
    Gem-Knight Seraphinite (This is the problem, not Brilliant Fusion)
    Majespecter Unicorn - Kirin (This card never should have been made)
    Performapal Monkeyboard (A little overdue)

Limited:
    Cir, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss (Has a good chance of being Scarm instead, but I feel this is the bigger problem)
    Dante, Traveler of the Burning Abyss (Makes the engine splashable, needs to be limited)
    Emergency Teleport (Limited in OCG for good reason)
    Instant Fusion (This is the problem, and at 1, it's fine)
    Interrupted Kaiju Slumber (This card is kind of ridiculous, and makes Kaiju a splashable engine instead of just side tech)
    Pantheism of the Monarchs (Self explanatory)
    Performapal Pendulum Sorcerer (Self explanatory)
    Kozmotown (This would affect the consistency a bit)
    Kozmo Dark Destroyer (Desperately needs to be limited)
    The Monarchs Stormforth (Deserves it, but not sure if this will actually happen)
    The Prime Monarch (This card is the reason why monarch mirror matches drag out tournaments)

Semi-Limited:
    Book of Moon (I see no reason why this can't go to 2 right now)
    Solemn Strike (If it gets touched at all, I can see it being semi-limited, or limited)

Unlimited:
    Charge of the Light Brigade (Will do nothing, except maybe throw a bone to Infernoids after losing 2 Reasoning, and LS of course)
    Dragon Ravine (It's at 2 and doing nothing, might as well)
    Thousand-Eyes Restrict (With Instant at 1, this is fine)

If any cards were to come off the list, I could see Sangan (errata), CED-EotE (errata), Zenmaity (does nothing at one), and Tribe Infecting Virus (no longer a huge issue).
    Owner & Co-Founder of Gamer's Genesis
    Qualified for YGO NA WCQ 09-11, 13-17
    RC1/PC1 KDE YGO Judge

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Prime's a good pick actually; if it drags out tournaments then it's certainly a chance. I didn't know about that, nice spot.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Changes i expect

To 0
    Card of Demise: Exploited beyond expectations. Its basicaly a "free" Draw 3

Kozmotown: Easy and Powerful Hand Setup. Kozmos don't know what is bricking, and recovering your banished ships for abusing their effects looks unfair.

Performapal Pendulum Sorcerer: Search 2 for Popping 2 cards that you would probaly re-use again, even though i feel he will become at least Limited

Performapal Mokeyboard: I thnk its fine at 1. Yeah, it is a 1 card scale setup that does this by searching.

To 1

Kozmo Tincan: Add and fills the Graveyard for CotH and shit. Gives even more consistency to Kozmo (like they were lacking)

Kozmo Dark Destroyer: It appears already fucking you by destroying 1 Monster you control, and this, most of the times will happen during your turn, so, it always slown down your plays, by having imunity to Target, its hard to find a out to this card. If you manage to Destroy this card, it simply floats making your efforts a bit in vain. I forgot to mention that this cards has 3000 ATK and its always summoned with ease. For me Dark Destroyer needs to be banned or banished from reality.

Pantheism of Monarchs: I cannot picture Monarchs taking strong hits(besides this and stormforth), they are kinda Darkworlds 2.0. If somehow Monarchs stops being Meta its probaly because their draw and tribute engine became shit. The only reason i want Monarchs to keep in Meta its because they are cheap.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Concerning the OCG banlist, and next year on the TCG, do you think Bahamut Shark could find itself on the Banlist?

Some decks use it to summon Treatoads.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archsorcerer View Post
    Concerning the OCG banlist, and next year on the TCG, do you think Bahamut Shark could find itself on the Banlist?

Some decks use it to summon Treatoads.
    ooooooor they could just hit Treatoads

don't hit something with legit use when what it summons is clearly the issue
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From the main page

https://ygorganization.com/tcg-monkey-is-kill/

NEWLY FORBIDDEN
    Performapal Monkeyboard
    Kaiser Colosseum

NEWLY LIMITED
    Cir, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss
    Ehther the Heavenly Monarch
    Kozmo Dark Destroyer
    Majespecter Unicorn – Kirin
    Beatrice, Lady of the Eternal
    Emergency Teleport
    Pantheism of the Monarchs
    Pendulum Call
    The Monarchs Stormforth

NEWLY SEMI-LIMITED
    Maxx “C”
    Thunder King Rai-Oh
    Wind-Up Magician

NEWLY UNLIMITED
    Thousand-Eyes Restrict
    Allure of Darkness
    Gold Sarcophagus
    Sarcophagus at 3! Shiranui can (ab)use that. :P

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archsorcerer View Post
    From the main page

Sarcophagus at 3! Shiranui can (ab)use that. :P

I saw this list, but I didn't know where to post it. Oh well.

Looks like everything got hit to an extent. Perhaps it's the rise of a new meta? Also, someone care to enlighten me as to why Kaiser Colosseum is now Forbidden?
    Last edited by Yuuri; 25th August 2016 at 01:29 AM.
    Currently using: Predator Plant, Pendulum Magician, Zarc Magician, Red-Eyes Interested in: Magibullet, Altergiest, Vullet(?)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuri View Post
    I saw this list, but I didn't know where to post it. Oh well.

Looks like everything got hit to an extent. Perhaps it's the rise of a new meta? Also, someone care to enlighten me as to why Kaiser Colosseum is now Forbidden?
    It says on the website that colosseum was limited, which isnt true, so it might be a mistake, perhaps.