User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Test Post] What's your favorite Yugioh Card?

The Ender of Misinformation Organization Messenger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Test Post] What's your favorite Yugioh Card?

Hi all. Number #17 here. Pardon this “filler” post, but we need to make a post to test whether or not tags are working properly again (oh how we’ve missed them!) Anyways, feel free to join me beyond the break for a short piece on my favorite Yu-Gi-Oh! card.

The Dark magician is a favorite of many a duelist, mine included. The reasons are, honestly rather typical. He’s cool, he’s a wizard, and he’s the ace monster of Yugi’s deck. On his own, he’s an excellent symbol of valuing brain over brawn. However, to go beyond that, I enjoy Dark Magician for what he represents in a duel.
    Unlike ace monsters in other series, Dark Magician himself rarely carries a game on his own merit. The Dark Magician, and the theme of all of the original animated series in general, was never about winning through means of pure power and might. Rather, it is Yugi’s bond with his friends and with his deck that sees him through the lowest of odds. Dark Magician, as Yugi’s favorite card, represents Yugi’s bond with his deck. When he desperately needs a turnaround, Dark Magician is there to shake things up. Yet Dark Magician himself is quite often soon made the underdog. It’s by combining with a chain of other cards and effects, does the Dark Magician help guide his master to victory. He represents the bond the two Yugi’s share during the fight with Pegasus, as he is transformed into the Magician of Black Chaos. He also symbolizes the rivalry between Yugi and Kaiba, as he takes up Buster Blader’s blade to become the Dark Paladin. He even symbolizes the bond between cards within Yugi’s own deck, as he teams up with his disciple to banish the Marik’s mighty Winged Dragon of Ra. Not even the passing of several millennia can waver the bond of friendship and loyalty Dark Magician has with the Pharaoh. Finally, he even becomes a symbol of the test Yugi must overcome to prove he is ready to be separated from the Pharaoh, and live life as his own man.
    The Dark Magician is a monster who represents bonds that transcend time and space, and that a turnabout will always come to those who never give up.
    Sorry again for the “filler” type article. I hope you at least enjoyed a trip down memory lane? What is your favorite card? let us now on social media and our forums!
    (and hopefully tags are working again!)
    ------ https://ygorganization.com/please-tags-work/ - Joenen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mmh... Had I been asked this a few months ago, I would've said "Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon" without hesitation. I've always been a fan of both dragons and DARK monsters, so there really was nothing unappealing to me about that card: the fact that it's also an extremely practical and useful monster was just the cherry on top. Nowadays, though, I'd definitely give the 1st place to its evolution, "Dark Requiem Xyz Dragon". Why, you may ask?
    Spoiler Alert!
    THOSE WINGS!
    Seriously though! Amazing design, an evolution of my favourite card AND that fantastic animation for its first appearance in the anime? There really was no contest, it was an instant favourite!
    Aside from that, if I can nominate a third place, I'd go with "Abyss Actor - Superstar": as I said, I've always liked DARK monsters, so the concept of a troupe of demons instantly appealed to me, and evne know that we have more cards in the archetype, Superstar's elegant design still puts it on top. Those are the cards I can think of at the moment: they're all from the ARC-V era, but to be fair that's when I came back to the game, so of course they'd be at the forefront!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't even have to think about it.
    By far, the best Summon in the history of Yugioh, and it's the only monster in any Yugioh series that has it's own theme song (with actual lyrics).

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/...20111031233133

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For personal Reasons Sweet Corn is my favourite card

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DARK MAGICIAN GIRL

cute,sexy,beautiful
    too bad she is rather lacking in support, even her sister apple magician girl ditch her, and she is also weak in both raw power and effect
    but i think i understand why konami make her weak, because if she is both cute and strong nobody would buy blue eyes

Registered User Voltanis The Adjudicator's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definitely Ultimaya Tzolkin

Unlike its stupid "evolved version" that is harder to summon and far less useful, this guy is awesome! I've made so many cool combo decks that center around Ultimaya and they're always fun to play. And who doesn't love busting out tons of powerful L7/8 Synchro Dragons, am I right!? But it's only gotten better recently, with the quasi-Accel Synchro Crystal Wing Synchro Dragon becoming an insanely strong pick for it to summon, plus the ultimate combo of getting out two Ultimaya's in one turn, setting something, summoning both a Crystal Wing and a Void Ogre Dragon to negate monster, spell and trap effects and then overlay both Ultimaya's for a No. 77: The Seven Sins and actually be able to use its powerful removal effect the turn it was summoned, something you usually can't do with it.
    Also it has cool lore I'm sure, not that I care about the 5Ds manga much more than I cared about the 5Ds anime.

Registered User Hoozuki_Suigetsu's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Super Conductor Tyranno. After spending so long thinking that Dinosaurs were doomed to obscurity, I was so unbelievably happy to find that they had a monster that broke the rule of 3000 ATK.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My three favorites are:

1st) The Winged Dragon Ra:
    Probably the most underrated of the Three Egyptian God Cards (Sangenshin). Ra has become my favorite after the Battle City tournament and when Atem finally got the card in his possession. It is the strongest of the three and I love its multiple forms. I guess Reshef of Destruction made me really love Ra, since its Phoenix Mode is something I really wanted and it is really awesome. I hate it that it gets less attention than Osiris/Slifer and Obelisk, especially Obelisk, as Ra tends to get the shaft all the time, while Osiris gets screentime and Obelisk gets the glory. It is unfair, since Ra is above the two of them. I also dislike how Ra is more associated with Marik and his alter ego than Atem. It makes sense, but I don't like that. And its real life version is just shitty.

2nd) Jinzo
    Jounouchi is my favorite DM character, even though he is an idiot, but I like him and I love his monsters, especially Jinzo and Red-Eyes. I love how Jinzo always has the arm-folding pose (I generally like characters who do that on a regular basis). Jinzo is just freaking cool, and his effect was really useful, and even today it can screw the opponent over (especially Burner decks). I love his eyebeams and his Cyber Shock can be used like a Hadouken, even if he never does it like that.

3rd) Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon
    Currently my favorite Odd-Eyes. Its design is incomprehendable, the way how it attacks with its tusks is crazy and its effects are awesome. Odd-Eyes Rebellion is designed to end duels, and the way how its requirements works, makes it summon more satisfying. When I summon Odd-Eyes Rebellion, I want to win with it. It is Yuya's edgiest monster and it makes Black Magician of Chaos, Magma Neos, Shooting Star Dragon and Utopia Ray Victory look like wimps in comparison. Although, Shooting Star has its own theme song, and I love Utopia's four arms. Let's hope that Odd-Eyes Rebellion will held his own with Haohhakuryuu and Haohshiryuu.
    I FUCKING HATE DUB NAMES! I HATE DUB NAMES SO MUCH!

I made a whole post about my top 6 favorite cards on Tumblr which you can find here http://voicesofchaos.tumblr.com/post...e-yugioh-cards

The short version, my #1 favorite card is Blazewing Butterfly.
    [Insert Signature Here] - Still deciding what to use here.