User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ARC-V Episode 118 Discussion: The Forest is the Beast's "Colosseum"

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dammit Moon Moon. We were hoping for more Ninjas out of you before the writers threw you under a bus.

Here's hoping the folks that're getting carded end up getting un-carded for some future action.
    #222937 for invisitext in the Org's dark. Try it out!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spoiler Alert!
    I know that the real ninja is actually more of a spy and an assassin and not an OP warrior. But c'mon, he should be stronger than that. When was the last time Tsukikage fought a good duel and win? He needs more love. He should be a (somewhat) more "professional" member of the Lancers.

It would be nice if it's actually Gladiator Beast. I like more if they add new supports to older archetype instead of making a new half-assed archetype.

Kachoufuugetsu confirmed, daym ! Nice call, man.
    And it seems that Ruri will use an LL archetype while Shun uses an RR archetype.
    Because.. you know.. in Japanese, L and R are similar. GENIUS !

By the way, fun summary as always, KingJinzo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does LL mean that her name is actually meant to be Luli?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iNfiniTe Se7eNz View Post
    Does LL mean that her name is actually meant to be Luli?
    It could be because her name (Ruri) means "Lapis Lazuli".

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So disappointed that no-one got the DBZA reference...
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definitely a buildup episode and it did its job.

What a trash episode. Unceremoniously killing off at least one character to fucking filler.
    I wouldn't call the Battle Beast filler. Especially since a certain King has to arrive later to intervene. I think Tsukikage served his purpose. He had no story left to develop so it makes sense for him to leave at this point. I do wish he got to expose the Battle Beast and what this beast does himself, but they're leaving that as a headliner for Yuya and Gong. I just wish it was Sawatari instead.

Looking ahead, is Ruri gonna pass up Rin in my heart already? Man, these evil girls are too awesome. Evil face and a Rank 1 Xyz with 4 material. Is she gonna bring out a legit R1Nk deck?

One thing I am curious on after the Battle Beast episodes end is if everyone has the parasite planted inside their head? Maybe Sora, Edo and others have it in their heads too and Leo just hasn't activated it yet. That would allow for a Sora vs Shun rematch that I want
    A Fallen Hero Is The Best Kind of Villain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKaash View Post
    One thing I am curious on after the Battle Beast episodes end is if everyone has the parasite planted inside their head? Maybe Sora, Edo and others have it in their heads too and Leo just hasn't activated it yet. That would allow for a Sora vs Shun rematch that I want
    Maybe, we don't know how Leo checked Sora's memories in the Standard Arc after all and the parasite is said to control the host's memories. And Sora leading Reiji and Reira away from the danger is way similar to Serena leading Yuzu away from the pirates.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKaash View Post
    Definitely a buildup episode and it did its job.

I wouldn't call the Battle Beast filler. Especially since a certain King has to arrive later to intervene. I think Tsukikage served his purpose. He had no story left to develop so it makes sense for him to leave at this point. I do wish he got to expose the Battle Beast and what this beast does himself, but they're leaving that as a headliner for Yuya and Gong. I just wish it was Sawatari instead.

Looking ahead, is Ruri gonna pass up Rin in my heart already? Man, these evil girls are too awesome. Evil face and a Rank 1 Xyz with 4 material. Is she gonna bring out a legit R1Nk deck?

It is filler, though. He has no bearing on the plot; he's essentially a miniboss blocking the path to the main villain. Tsukikage having no story left with so little to begin with makes him a waste of a character in the first place. What was the point of making him a Lancer if he ends up being little more than a bodyguard that barely even shows up? It's proof once again that ARC-V can't make a compelling character arc for shit. As for the brainwashed Ruris, I have to say, way to go, reducing your main girls to plot devices instead of substantial characters. Their designs and decks are all that can really be said of them.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LolsterXD97 View Post
    Maybe, we don't know how Leo checked Sora's memories in the Standard Arc after all and the parasite is said to control the host's memories. And Sora leading Reiji and Reira away from the danger is way similar to Serena leading Yuzu away from the pirates.
    I thought the same thing when I saw Sora leave with those 2. He'll lead them right to Leo and then turn on them. Sora vs Reiji would be cool too. In all honesty, I can't see Sora unleashing his "ultimate Frightfur Fusion monster" (whether that was just dialogue or not who knows) or Edo unleashing another Destiny HERO while being good guys and fighting against Academia. It has to be while they are evil. I think they'll turn. And that will help even up the numbers on both sides.

It is filler, though. He has no bearing on the plot; he's essentially a miniboss blocking the path to the main villain. Tsukikage having no story left with so little to begin with makes him a waste of a character in the first place. What was the point of making him a Lancer if he ends up being little more than a bodyguard that barely even shows up? It's proof once again that ARC-V can't make a compelling character arc for shit. As for the brainwashed Ruris, I have to say, way to go, reducing your main girls to plot devices instead of substantial characters. Their designs and decks are all that can really be said of them.
    It seems like you want things to end rather quickly. No need for secondary characters? So you just want 5 Yuyas on the shows for the good guys? And like 5 Yuris on the bad guys? Did you really think the Lancers wouldn't suffer one casualty to make this at least a bit realistic? Not everyone can be the superstar. There has to be side characters like Tsukikage. Yes for a side character, his story was still awfully limited. But after him, the rest of the sides have some story. Reira can really be developed. Sawatari still has his duel with Yuri before being used as a sacrificial lamb. Gong can push further with Synchro Pendulums. And for the girls, this is just the first phase of their stories. They'll be developed more if the show continues after the Fusion Dimension.
    A Fallen Hero Is The Best Kind of Villain

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's not the definition of filler. It would be bonedead stupid in the context of the story for there to be no opposition, which is what this is. Filler has no bearing on the plot. ARC-V doesn't have filler.
    Sanokal