User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ARC-V Episode 118 Discussion: The Forest is the Beast's "Colosseum"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKaash View Post
    I thought the same thing when I saw Sora leave with those 2. He'll lead them right to Leo and then turn on them. Sora vs Reiji would be cool too. In all honesty, I can't see Sora unleashing his "ultimate Frightfur Fusion monster" (whether that was just dialogue or not who knows) or Edo unleashing another Destiny HERO while being good guys and fighting against Academia. It has to be while they are evil. I think they'll turn. And that will help even up the numbers on both sides.

It seems like you want things to end rather quickly. No need for secondary characters? So you just want 5 Yuyas on the shows for the good guys? And like 5 Yuris on the bad guys? Did you really think the Lancers wouldn't suffer one casualty to make this at least a bit realistic? Not everyone can be the superstar. There has to be side characters like Tsukikage. Yes for a side character, his story was still awfully limited. But after him, the rest of the sides have some story. Reira can really be developed. Sawatari still has his duel with Yuri before being used as a sacrificial lamb. Gong can push further with Synchro Pendulums. And for the girls, this is just the first phase of their stories. They'll be developed more if the show continues after the Fusion Dimension.
    The problem with introducing new characters is that older ones have not gotten enough screentime and development. I'll list off all of the characters that suffer from this:

Reiji, Gongenzaka, Yuto, Yuzu, Sora, Serena, Barret, Dennis, Leo, Yugo, Reira, Tsukikage, Yuri, Rin, Ruri, Shinji, Asuka, Edo, Allen, Sayaka, Gloria, Grace.

And yes, I did just rattle off the majority of the cast. But that's exactly the problem. The pacing and handling of plots and characters are godawful. The more filler characters they add, the more screwed over the cast gets in terms of development. All 4 Ruris are plot devices now. Yuto is dead. Yugo's relationship with Rin is so half-assed that there's no feeling to it. Same goes for Ruri. Yuri has done fuck all the entire series. The main rival is basically a glorified chauffeur. Absolutely none of the villains have a compelling character, even Sora becoming a good guy is utterly barebones. The show loses focus way too easily and it makes the characters look useless or outright bad. And killing characters isn't necessarily bad, but HOW you kill them matters. Tsukikage's death was utterly pathetic, even worse than Dennis' suicide.

And there is no "after the Fusion Dimension" because we'll be getting a different series. There is an extreme lack of development in the cast already, and they're making it worse with filler.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sanokal View Post
    That's not the definition of filler. It would be bonedead stupid in the context of the story for there to be no opposition, which is what this is. Filler has no bearing on the plot. ARC-V doesn't have filler.
    He's a filler villain. An actual, legitimate villain would have been introduced long ago and be given some influence over the progression of events. Sanders and Battle Beast have none of this; they're completely irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. You could replace them with Obelisk Force mooks and nothing substantial would change. Also, the Synchro arc was filler.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iNfiniTe Se7eNz View Post
    And there is no "after the Fusion Dimension" because we'll be getting a different series.
    Y'know, there is a way they could potentially introduce an 'after the Fusion Dimension', but it'd be either rather endgamey or else probably feel a bit shoehorned -- a merged world, a la 'the bad guy managed to win for now and won hard'.

As for 'filler', um . . . I do get what you're saying, and I do rather agree that too many ingredients muddles the stew (I mean, we need only look to how the plot had to try its hardest to dance between them in the Synchro Dimension for proof of that), but you keep using that word . . .
    #222937 for invisitext in the Org's dark. Try it out!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baroque View Post
    Y'know, there is a way they could potentially introduce an 'after the Fusion Dimension', but it'd be either rather endgamey or else probably feel a bit shoehorned -- a merged world, a la 'the bad guy managed to win for now and won hard'.

As for 'filler', um . . . I do get what you're saying, and I do rather agree that too many ingredients muddles the stew (I mean, we need only look to how the plot had to try its hardest to dance between them in the Synchro Dimension for proof of that), but you keep using that word . . .
    Synchro added nothing to the "Dimensional War" plot. Yes, Roget was affiliated with Academia, but ultimately, he was irrelevant in their schemes. The Tops vs. Commons conflict was a self-contained plot. Yes, we have character development and interaction, but the only consequence that is relevant to the main conflict plot-wise is that Serena is captured. Yes, the Lancers pick up a few friends, but again, that has no bearing on the main conflict.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's. Not. Filler. Far out.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's. Not. Filler. Far out.
    Care to actually back up that statement?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iNfiniTe Se7eNz View Post
    Care to actually back up that statement?
    Primarily the stuff learned/unlocked with the Yus. Yes, it could have happened elsewhere. But just like the invasion slowdown, this was the in-universe logical progression of events. It also established that more Fusion people were willing to defect, setting up the (admittedly rushed) Heel Face Turn of Aster's lot in season three. And Yuya couldn't have really gone through the development that he did without Jack.

Is it too slow? Varies. Is it inconsequential filler? No. It has a large bearing on Yuya, AKA the main character of the freakin' story. It was logically dragged out.

Filler is generally put in to buy time regarding material; be it waiting for source material (DM), poorly compensating for removed content (5D's), or Shin Yoahida being a moron and emulating 5D's for some damn reason (and admittedly calling that filler is a kinda wrong since there are progressive events). To be honest, only the DM example is "true" filler as it was originally noted.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Primarily the stuff learned/unlocked with the Yus. Yes, it could have happened elsewhere. But just like the invasion slowdown, this was the in-universe logical progression of events. It also established that more Fusion people were willing to defect, setting up the (admittedly rushed) Heel Face Turn of Aster's lot in season three. And Yuya couldn't have really gone through the development that he did without Jack.

Is it too slow? Varies. Is it inconsequential filler? No. It has a large bearing on Yuya, AKA the main character of the freakin' story. It was logically dragged out.

Filler is generally put in to buy time regarding material; be it waiting for source material (DM), poorly compensating for removed content (5D's), or Shin Yoahida being a moron and emulating 5D's for some damn reason (and admittedly calling that filler is a kinda wrong since there are progressive events). To be honest, only the DM example is "true" filler as it was originally noted.
    That's literally one thing we learned-- "Warera ga hitotsu ni"-- not to mention, it was inconsequential. What did Yuya do when possessed by the dragons/darkness? Scream a lot and defeat Crow. In other words, basically nothing of note.

As for character development, sure, that happened, even though it was spotty in most cases. But I'm talking about the plot. And let's look at our plot-relevant characters other than Yuya:
    What did Leo do in terms of fulfilling his plan to unite the dimensions? He recaptured Serena, otherwise nothing. What did Yuto do? Scream for a bit and remain mostly dead. What did Yugo do? Have a few plot-irrelevant duels, scream, and then vanish offscreen. What did Yuri, a major villain do? Literally show up, summon a dragon, scream, and vanish. Yuzu? She cheered up Yuya and then became a damsel in distress. Serena? Get gassed, captured, and brainwashed. Reiji, the main rival, leader of the Lancers, and son of Leo? He stood around in front of the council, proclaiming "this is all according to plan."

Yuya's character development is an entirely different argument, so I won't get into that, but my original point stands-- no consequential plot development occurred during Synchro.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yuto woke up, if you'll remember. And Leo's been doing nothing all damn series - he'd better either end up being really good, or the Darkness needs to be the main villain. You know it's bad when the Doctor is a better villain than Leo after only two episodes.

For the main plot, little, yes. For character we've agreed on, but I thought that in retrospect, it foreshadowed many elements of the next season rather well.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKaash View Post
    I thought the same thing when I saw Sora leave with those 2. He'll lead them right to Leo and then turn on them. Sora vs Reiji would be cool too. In all honesty, I can't see Sora unleashing his "ultimate Frightfur Fusion monster" (whether that was just dialogue or not who knows) or Edo unleashing another Destiny HERO while being good guys and fighting against Academia. It has to be while they are evil. I think they'll turn. And that will help even up the numbers on both sides.
    Are we talking about this "more then 3000 ATK" and possible Chainsaw Dragon Frightfur mentioned in Crow VS Yuya?
    Pics:
    Spoiler Alert!

That Chainsaw Dragon part came from a source that predicted RR Satelite Cannon Falcon, so it seems possible. Even more after Frightfur Haken Kraken (Gotta love that name). This stuff better be in Fusion Enforcers.
    Warera wa hitotsu ni

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    iNfiniTe Se7eNz has been complaining for months. I just ignore him.
    I FUCKING HATE DUB NAMES! I HATE DUB NAMES SO MUCH!