User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: ARC-V Episode 118 Discussion: The Forest is the Beast's "Colosseum"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodclown View Post
    Honestly this is not really filler. Like what has been said above they've infiltrated the enemies main base of operation having no goons/pawns would just be foolish on the shows part.

On a different note this "Battle Beast" uses Gladiator Beast, my favorite archetype until D/D/D, so I am really hoping he has an actual duel where he reveals one or two decent "new" support cards for the archetype.
    If he was not filler, he would have been introduced some time ago, and have meaningful plot relevance. If you replaced him with some Obelisk Force mooks, nothing would change.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iNfiniTe Se7eNz View Post
    If he was not filler, he would have been introduced some time ago, and have meaningful plot relevance. If you replaced him with some Obelisk Force mooks, nothing would change.
    A character doesn't need to have been foreshadowed weeks in advance to have some relevance, y'know. The character itself might not appear much past this point, but he does serve a purpose: establishes Academia as a continued threat -- by this point, Obelisk Force mooks have been reduced to just that, mooks, so a new face like him with an unknown force serves as a credible threat -- and serves as an actual obstacle in the face of the gang's progress (both because it should be expected that running into the enemy stronghold isn't going to be easy, and because other plotlines do need time to resolve if we want the characters wrapped up in them to be present for the Main Event, the conflict VS the Professor).

Besides, if it was just 'some Obelisk Force mooks' harrassing them again, it'd reflect poorly on the heroes if they were having trouble against them by this point and poorly on the villains if their home turf was just going to be defended by cannon fodder and few others.
    #222937 for invisitext in the Org's dark. Try it out!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's also the fact that this nutcase is just as much a danger to his allies as he is to his enemies; so it makes sense that he hasn't appeared yet (though I realise that this isn't what you're getting at).
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EmperorShun View Post
    Are we talking about this "more then 3000 ATK" and possible Chainsaw Dragon Frightfur mentioned in Crow VS Yuya?
    Pics:
    Spoiler Alert!

That Chainsaw Dragon part came from a source that predicted RR Satelite Cannon Falcon, so it seems possible. Even more after Frightfur Haken Kraken (Gotta love that name). This stuff better be in Fusion Enforcers.
    Thank you so much for finding that. I was like "people probably don't even know what the hell I'm talking about." Yes this is exactly what I'm talking about. I just can't imagine this ultimate beast being brought out by a goody little two-shoe Sora. It must be sadistic Sora!

Quote Originally Posted by KingJinzo View Post
    iNfiniTe Se7eNz has been complaining for months. I just ignore him.
    I actually have no problem with what 7z is saying. Sure he can be overly critical on a lot of things and has much higher expectations than any of us, but he has some legit valid points. I wish Reiji dueled more. I wish Yuri dueled more. I wish we got full episodes dedicated to flashbacks of Ruri and Rin. But not everything will be perfect to meet all of our expectations. Like you said, when we dial down the analysis, it becomes more enjoyable. That's how I approach it.

Also I started following the cards and irl dueling later than when I started watching the show. So was Gladiator Beasts the first legit functioning archetype and deck? Idk why I feel like my memory says it was the first. If so then this Battle Beast will hopefully bring some love to one of the originals if he also uses Gladiator Beast. I can follow it more closely myself this time
    A Fallen Hero Is The Best Kind of Villain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baroque View Post
    A character doesn't need to have been foreshadowed weeks in advance to have some relevance, y'know. The character itself might not appear much past this point, but he does serve a purpose: establishes Academia as a continued threat --
    True, but on the other hand, it's not like he's going to have relevance to the ARC Area Project or Revival Zero in any case. I said before, he's a one-off miniboss. I suppose theoretically they could bring him back, but then it would be pointless, just like Kachidoki.
    by this point, Obelisk Force mooks have been reduced to just that, mooks, so a new face like him with an unknown force serves as a credible threat -- and serves as an actual obstacle in the face of the gang's progress (both because it should be expected that running into the enemy stronghold isn't going to be easy, and because other plotlines do need time to resolve if we want the characters wrapped up in them to be present for the Main Event, the conflict VS the Professor).

Besides, if it was just 'some Obelisk Force mooks' harrassing them again, it'd reflect poorly on the heroes if they were having trouble against them by this point and poorly on the villains if their home turf was just going to be defended by cannon fodder and few others.
    I mean, technically speaking, the Obelisk Force are supposed to be something like elite shock troopers, but the show really hasn't done a good job of establishing their credibility.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reiji not dueling a lot seems to be due in part to his seiyuus busy schedule - which is bollocks in its own right.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanokal View Post
    Reiji not dueling a lot seems to be due in part to his seiyuus busy schedule - which is bollocks in its own right.
    It's pretty fucking pathetic that Thomas Arclight had more duels than Reiji.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's pretty fucking pathetic that Thomas Arclight had more duels than Reiji.
    Mmm. He should get two or three more duels though. Three at the absolute most, and no more than that. He generally gets ine every arc (25 episodes), so hopefully we'll see one from him soon given that you'd think that the series perspective would switch to him after the Battle Beast mini-boss.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    True, but on the other hand, it's not like he's going to have relevance to the ARC Area Project or Revival Zero in any case. I said before, he's a one-off miniboss. I suppose theoretically they could bring him back, but then it would be pointless, just like Kachidoki.
    Honestly, he doesn't need to have relevance to the ARC Area Project or Revival Zero; to expect everyone the gang encounters in Academyland to be directly tied into that is honestly -- to me at least -- unrealistic. Academia, while its leaders have those goals central to their agendas, is still a facility where folks are trained/taught to duel and there's bound to be people there that're doing just that -- either on the teaching side (like Sanders) or the learning side (like Battle Beast and his classmates). Bringing in folks like the aforementioned teacher and student(s) serves to reemphasize that while still being a problem for the gang.

Battle Beast might be a one-off character, but being one-off doesn't make him pointless; he not only (as said) establishes Academia as a continued threat (by being, well, a threat that we haven't seen drubbed before en masse) and serves as a roadblock to allow other plotlines time to resolve, but also helps to underline certain key points about Academia itself (it's a school, there's people learning there, it promotes a certain degree of ruthlessness, they still have some strong duelists waiting in the wings and here's the proof, plus it's not just stuffed to bursting with Obelisk Force goons, among other things). You could technically just throw more Obelisk Force flunkies at the gang to serve as a roadblock, but by this point that loaf's gone stale -- a character like Battle Beast, while on his own lacking substance, adds to the overall situation in a way that more Obelisk Force duels just wouldn't be able to anymore. That's why I'm inclined to say he's an important character even though he's likely a one-shot.

I mean, technically speaking, the Obelisk Force are supposed to be something like elite shock troopers, but the show really hasn't done a good job of establishing their credibility.
    Honestly, they did (in their first appearance and through the Resistance's backstory) establish their credibility; it's just that the gang has progressed past the point where those elite shock troopers are a problem (think of it as a D&D game -- sure, a gang of Obelisk Force troops is CR5 or something, but when the adventuring party is comprised of Level 15-ish characters a CR5 encounter is a speed bump, not an obstacle). They're dangerous, yes, but not to the main characters anymore. So, one needs to introduce something new to challenge them if there's to be a challenge -- which means either introducing new characters (either on a permanent basis like Aster and the Tylers, or on a one-off basis like this Battle Beast), or rehashing old ones (such as when they brought back that one guy from the first tourney arc, or when Reiji ended up re-dueling Yuya but brought out Kali Yuga and friends instead of just rehashing the strats from their first duel).
    #222937 for invisitext in the Org's dark. Try it out!