User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ARC-V Episode 118 Discussion: The Forest is the Beast's "Colosseum"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ARC-V Episode 118 Discussion: The Forest is the Beast's "Colosseum"

Last Thursday, Yuya has started a Pokémon Battle with Bakura in the Kalos League's final match where seven of their Pokémon have already fainted and they have only five members in total left. But now he's taking a break from that battle and comes back to Yu-Gi-Oh!, so his pals can finally get some screentime, while Kurosaki spends yet another entire episode just to catch up some stairs, even though Yugo and Kaito didn't need that long.

The Lancers arrive on Academia and climp up a cliff, except Crow who somehow gets there with his D-Wheel. Did he just drive on the wall? It's nothing new, since Yugo and Fake Jack pulled out these stunts, but it's a freaking rocky cliff wall!

Meanwhile, Instructor (totally not Bernard) Sanders (or maybe Thunders the Pokémon (Jolteon) to make a Majoume Thunder reference.) sends out his mooks to card the Lancers. Sanders looks like Gozaburo Kaiba with Yuri's hair antennae. So, are Sanders and Yuri related to each other? If Sanders is his last name, so is Yuri's full name "Yuri Sanders?"
    Anyway, the red mooks arrive, but before the Lancers accept their challenge, they just physically attack them. Sora, Reiji and Reira go into a different direction, while Yuya, Gongenzaka, Hyper Strong Duelist Sawatari, Tsukikage and Crow defend them from the red mooks and mostly fight them off-screen. While monitoring them, Sanders uses this as an opportunity to instruct his blue mooks like it's a lesson. If it wasn't for his whip, I would like him more, but he doesn't seem to whip people. Before the red mooks lose, they just run away and the Lancers follow them, but they get trapped by Trap Cards and are taken to an arena where the Survival Duel is held. Sanders sends blue of his mooks who have actual names to challenge the Lancers to card them. Is that an honorable thing that they didn't try to card them when they were captured or is it a pride thing? Or both?

Despite I thought this episode is not going to be spoiler-tag worthy, I guess I have to...

Spoiler Alert!

Tsukikage feels guilty that he couldn't prevent the Lancers from falling into the trap and how they are in this situation where they might have to card other people, and he rushes alone through the forest field. However, besides the 10 people in the field, there is an 11th person, who is later revealed to be the Battle Beast in episode 120 (or maybe even earlier). Even though his monsters are silhouetted, they look like Gladiator Beasts to me. The Battle Beast doesn't differenciate between allies and foes, carding Academia students as well (three). Even though Tsukikage duels him, he also falls to his predating and is carded, but he gives Yuya and Gongenzaka a dying message: the presence of the 11th duelist. Looks like Ultra Hyper Strong Duelist Sawatari has been carded, too (so he gets spared from dueling Yuri?), judging from his scream. I doubt Crow is going to be carded in the next two episodes; he rushed immediately to Sawatari but he is not nearly as "weak". However, the lost of two Lancers and almost off-screen is... it's a bid of a war-vibe. You don't see how your friends fall and suddenly they are just gone. Not too emotional, but it happens.

We don't even get actual duels in this episode, as all of them happen off-screen.

Meanwhile, Edo finds Yugo and tells Yugo about the brainwashing, while Yugo tells him from the parasite. Okay, what? Kurosaki hasn't reached the tower yet, but Edo manages to get all over to the West Tower during all that time? Did he used monsters, did he used his Brittish powers, did he used Superhero powers? How did he got from east to west so quickly while Kurosaki doesn't even manage to reach the top of a tower?! Did Edo train for the Olympics or did he dope? Or maybe because he is EDO PHOENIX!

Next week, Yuya goes back to Pokémon XY&Z to resume his battle with Bakura and hopefully Bakura finally wins after 19 years and exactly 930 episodes.

And here is the preview, that gives me more WTF:

Spoiler Alert!

-Ruri vs Kurosaki and she looks evil as fuck. Drawn prettier than Rin last episode and she has some Serena vibe.
    -Ruri's Xyz Monster. A bird-based (KaCHOU Fuugetsu) girl, but not exactly Harpies. Lyrical Luscinia - Assemble Nightingale, Rank 1, WATER. Apparently and logically, her deck is based on birds and on singing. Any chance that she watched Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha too much? (If that's the case, her deck would be full of Magical Girls firing giant pink lasers or slashing things with thunder or nuke entire fields with gigantic black explosion or covering cities in gigantic black spheres.) Her monster has four Overlay Units.
    -We get a glimpse of her evil Fusion Monster.
    -Kurosaki uses Blaze Falcon.
    -We get to see a flashback (finally) of Ruri and Kurosaki. He slaps Little Fairy out of Ruri's hand that she got from Sayaka and he looks pissed. What? Is he angry about her getting a Kotori card? "You are not fucking Kotori!" may he said.
    -Kurosaki uses flash steps (Shunpo) to dodge. WTF?! He can flash step, but he cannot get to the top of a fucking tower within the time where Edo gets from the East Tower to the West Tower? I don't know how far away the towers are from each other, but why is Kurosaki so fucking slow when he runs on freaking stairs. Or does he have to fight another Kurosaki to activate his Shinigami powers so he can use Shunpo?
    Last edited by KingJinzo; 16th August 2016 at 06:02 PM.
    I FUCKING HATE DUB NAMES! I HATE DUB NAMES SO MUCH!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spoiler Alert!
    Sanders is such a troll, he didn't warn his students about Battle Beast and three of them got carded. Wouldn't surprise me if he cards Emma and Jacob too, making the whole 5 vs 5 thing totally pointless (just have Battle Beast solo all of them). He is so savage that they even gave him Sergey's theme.

Also, RIP, Tsukikage, I will always remember you as one the characters who seemed minor but finally got a big role.
    Last edited by LolsterXD97; 14th August 2016 at 12:08 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spoiler Alert!
    The episode contained much and not much. We saw a lot of things going on, but only for a few seconds. I dont think they would card Sawatari now, I guess Crow saves the day. Also poor Tsukikage, i would've love more Ninjas, oh well.
    Not to much to say to the ep, it was just a build up for ep 120 & 121.

Now about the preview:

So we got some Level/Rank 1 things going on. And even 4 mats, she must have confidence that Shun wont blow that up. I hope we see like 2 new RR cards, like witht the Rin/Yugo duel. The hype lives on, week after week. Now if only we could get Vjump already, we need "new" card reveals.

Warera wa hitotsu ni

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LolsterXD97 View Post
    Spoiler Alert!
    Sanders is such a troll, he didn't warn his students about Battle Beast and three of them got carded. Wouldn't surprise me if he cards Emma and Jacob too, making the whole 5 vs 5 thing totally pointless (just have Battle Beast solo all of them).
    It was to subvert our expectations of this episode and it showcases how ruthless he is.
    Last edited by KingJinzo; 14th August 2016 at 06:00 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, after checking the cast list for the next episode, it looks like

Spoiler Alert!
    that Ultra Hyper Strong Sawatari is still alive, unless it happens at the beginning of the episode. Well, if he's still alive, good. I want him to be carded by Yuri anyway. Jacob, Emma and Battle Beast are also there. I guess, in the stinger.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a trash episode. Unceremoniously killing off at least one character to fucking filler.

I can only assume Academia has short-range teleporters in addition to interdimensional teleporters, and Edo had the keys to them so he could reach Yugo before Shun reached Ruri. That, or it's showing events non-chronlogically.

Also, what the hell was that Engrish? "Glory to the Academia?" I guess they're trying to play up the Nazi vibes.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welp. That was rather underwhelming.

I guess the episode was supposed to have solid plot elements? But the setting was way too fillery to care about those.

Spoiler Alert!

I don't particularily care about Tsukikage, but as (technically) part of the main cast, he deserved as much better death scene.

Overall, the episode was boring. I guess it was nice to see Gladiator Beasts in action (if that's what they were).

As for episode 119's preview,
    Spoiler Alert!

Up next, Shun acting like a real big bro by slapping the Kotori away from Ruri. Either that, or he just really upset about seeing his beloved little sis befriending a mere Clover, and understandably so; said Clover isn't someone you'd like to stay too close too.

In any case, there's no doubt next episode will be much better than today's.

GLORY TO THE ULTRA HYPER STRONG DUELIST SAWATARI SHINGO!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah lets see some meta legacy support for gladiator beasts in this
    you think you can beat me, I'm a giant frickin satellite bigger than the sun, your move

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If they don't keep adding superlatives to Ultra Hyper Super Strong Duelist Neo New Sawatari's name, I'm going to be upset. I need at least a paragraph of them to be satisfied now.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The episode timelines aren't necessarily consistent and regular. Yugo was teleported instantaneously between episodes 112 and 116 (or maybe he really can travel through time now, hah!)

Crow's Duel Runner has flight mode.

Aster is pretty athletic, and he knows his way around Duel Academy.

Shay won't have recovered that quickly, and take it from me, stairs are a bitch, especially if they're that long.

It's filler-ish, but not filler. Crap like this was always going to happen. What, you expected this to be easy?

It was only disappointed because I expected more dueling. Glad Beasts more than make up for it though, hell yeah!

Also, no! Moooooooooooon! Stop mocking me, show!
    Sanokal