Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [V Jump October 2016] Structure Deck News

The Ender of Misinformation Organization Messenger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[V Jump October 2016] Structure Deck News

Information from the Ancient Gear Structure Deck.

SR03-JP003 Antique Gearwyvern / Ancient Gear Wyvern
    Level 4 Earth Machine-Type Effect Monster
    ATK 1700
    DEF 1200
    You can only use the (1) effect of “Ancient Gear Wyvern” once per turn.
    (1) If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can add 1 “Ancient Gear” card from your Deck to your hand, except “Ancient Gear Wyvern”, also, you cannot Set cards for the rest of this turn.
    (2) If this card attacks, your opponent cannot activate monster effects until the end of the Damage Step.

SR03-JP002 Antique Gearhydrea / Ancient Gear Hydra
    Level 7 Earth Machine-Type Effect Monster
    ATK 2700
    DEF 1700
    (1) If this card is Tribute Summoned by Tributing an “Ancient Gear” monster, at the end of the Damage Step, when this card attacks an opponent’s monster, but the opponent’s monster was not destroyed by the battle: You can banish that opponent’s monster.
    (2) If this card is Tribute Summoned by Tributing a “Gadget” monster, it can attack all monsters your opponent controls once each.
    (3) If an “Ancient Gear” monster you control attacks, your opponent cannot activate monster effects or Spell/Trap Cards until the end of the Damage Step.

Reprints:
    The Huge Revolution is Over
    Gozen Match
    Machine Duplication
    ------ https://ygorganization.com/v-jump-oc...ure-deck-news/ - NeoArkadia

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoArkadia View Post
    Reprints:
    The Huge Revolution is Over
    I believe I must turn to Händel for an appropriate response to this.

As for the new cards, I rather much like the design (effectwise) of Ancient Gear Hydra, especially as it underlines the importance of newcomer Ancient Gear Gadget to the archetype, as well as how Wyvern is designed in such a way that it is able to search but doesn't completely neuter you (instead merely being built so that it doesn't allow you to have two in-house means to search out Limiter Removal -- what, you thought we forgot about the Drill?) due to being able to Set your important hand cards before you Summon him.
    #222937 for invisitext in the Org's dark. Try it out!

Registered User Brightshine Stardust's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love the differently colored heads on Hydra, best thing about its artwork for me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's odd that they only revealed 2 cards here. They usually reveal structure deck R stuff in batches of 3.
    Scooting around at the speed of sound.
    such is the way of a Sonic Duck.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sonic Duck View Post
    It's odd that they only revealed 2 cards here. They usually reveal structure deck R stuff in batches of 3.
    They already revealed 3 during the previous V-Jump and, in Structure decks, the number of new cards is always 5 + 1 promo card (in Structure deck R). So there's only 1 card left to be revealed for this deck.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Destiny91 View Post
    They already revealed 3 during the previous V-Jump and, in Structure decks, the number of new cards is always 5 + 1 promo card (in Structure deck R). So there's only 1 card left to be revealed for this deck.
    You say that, but its not like they hadn't changed the number of new cards in in regular Structures before. I don't see why Structure R would be any different
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dread Kaiser View Post
    You say that, but its not like they hadn't changed the number of new cards in in regular Structures before. I don't see why Structure R would be any different
    Eh, it's more one of those things that's highly likely to remain the same until surprise! It changed. As it stands, we have more reason to believe they'll keep up the pattern they established with the previous two than to imagine that they might decide to swerve away from it; it's not impossible for them to break up the pattern, yes, but it's certainly presently unlikely.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly hydra is a little meh, but its a decent card to add since it can be summoned with gear town. I'm still looking forward to seeing the anime ancient gear stuff so you can do all the crazy fusion stuff

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarkiel View Post
    Honestly hydra is a little meh, but its a decent card to add since it can be summoned with gear town. I'm still looking forward to seeing the anime ancient gear stuff so you can do all the crazy fusion stuff
    I'm tempted to disagree about him being 'meh', though I will agree that Geartown brings out the most in him the easiest -- after all, this deck's coming out with something that satisfies both his conditions at once. Plus, Hydra does scratch a particularly important itch in that pretty much everything you've got becomes a much-less-'pseudo' Armades, including itself. Bonus points for 'itself' being designed to potentially be a nasty sweeper that even cleans the tough-to-remove stains like Spirit Reapers or things-in-DEF-that're-bigger-than-you (I'm inclined to mention Azure-Eyes as an example), and able to be rather swiftly established as such (SS Gold or Silver Gadget, they SS Wyvern, Wyvern fetches Hydra, Tribute Summon Hydra) if one is of a mind to do so.
    Last edited by Baroque; 16th August 2016 at 04:25 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was feeling indiferent towards Ancient Gear, but now it caught my intrest. I know they won't be meta, but is some playable shit.