User Tag List

Thread: Chain Giraffe vs. Kalantosa

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unanswered: Chain Giraffe vs. Kalantosa

This was brought up on Pojo when discussing Chain Giraffe in a Performapal build of Baby Raccoons. If Kalantosa, Mystical Beast of the Forest gets destroyed by battle, and I activate Chain Giraffe's pendulum effect to destroy itself to bring Kalantosa back, will Kalantosa activate its effect, or no?
    "Is it so important that you win one last argument with him?"
    "No, it is not, but it is true that I will miss the arguments; they were, finally, all that we had."

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No you can't. its not the effect of a beast that is summoning Kalantosa, its the effect of a spell. even if Chain Giraffe destroys itself as part of the effect, its still activating and resolving as a spell card
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Performapal Chain Giraffe

Pendulum Effect When exactly 1 monster you control is destroyed by battle: You can destroy this card, and if you do, Special Summon that monster in Attack Position, and if you do, it cannot be destroyed by battle this turn.

Kalantosa, Mystical Beast of the Forest

If this card is Special Summoned by the effect of a Beast-Type monster: You can target 1 card on the field; destroy that target.

Chain Giraffe in the Pendulum Zone is a Spell Card, not a Monster, therefore it doesn't have a monster type. Kalantosa was special summoned by a Spell effect, so its effect won't activate.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoReaper4444 View Post
    Performapal Chain Giraffe

Pendulum Effect When exactly 1 monster you control is destroyed by battle: You can destroy this card, and if you do, Special Summon that monster in Attack Position, and if you do, it cannot be destroyed by battle this turn.

Kalantosa, Mystical Beast of the Forest

If this card is Special Summoned by the effect of a Beast-Type monster: You can target 1 card on the field; destroy that target.

Chain Giraffe in the Pendulum Zone is a Spell Card, not a Monster, therefore it doesn't have a monster type. Kalantosa was special summoned by a Spell effect, so its effect won't activate.
    Not that your help isn't necessarily appreciated, but Dreads already answered that question.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and Synjo will probably markhim as the one that answered it when he gets back
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.