User Tag List

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: [RATE-JP] Anime Related Cards

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems that the Org bot has a screw loose ATM, so I'mma just . . .

Quote Originally Posted by NeoArkadia
    The Manís card from the latest episode of ARC-V is in Raging Tempest.

RATE-JP044 超重忍者シノビ-A・C Choujuu Ninja Shinobi AC / Superheavy Samurai Ninja Shinobiashi
    Level 7 EARTH Machine-Type Synchro Effect Monster
    ATK 1200
    DEF 2800
    1 Machine-Type Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner Machine-Type monsters
    (1) This card can attack while in face-up Defense Position. If it does, apply its DEF for damage calculation.
    (2) If you have no Spell/Trap Cards in your Graveyard: You can halve this cardís original DEF until the end of this turn, and it can attack directly during this turn.
    (3) Once per turn, during the next Standby Phase after this card was destroyed by a card effect and sent to the Graveyard: You can Special Summon this card from your Graveyard.

Source
    Copy it here and gush. I'm loving this card SO MUCH. It's a beautiful design, its direct-attacking effect playing well with the various Souls the archetype has available to it and its revival effect actually working with Soulbang as well as enemy action, and it honestly makes me wish I still could play the physical card game and get on board with this archetype.
    #222937 for invisitext in the Org's dark. Try it out!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey, not bad at all. It will probably be a one of for Samurais.
    Scooting around at the speed of sound.
    such is the way of a Sonic Duck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For this one you can use ANY Machine-Type monsters to Summon it. Another SHS toy for Speedroids besides Musashi.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sonic Duck View Post
    hey, not bad at all. It will probably be a one of for Samurais.
    I'm tempted to say it might be a 2-of, maybe 3 if we're stretching it (or if the player's home meta is brought to them by the number 5), depending on the build. I wasn't kidding about the Soul synergy this guy has -- he only halves his original DEF, so when you start tacking on fellas like Soulbang and Soulclaw you start getting a fella that can lay a decent sum of damage down. Plus, for extra fun, his Level also means that you now have a way to Battleball Level 5 monsters (like Chanbara, Armades, and so forth).

All in all, there's a lot to love 'im for in-house. He's not huge, but what he does do he does well enough to matter.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baroque View Post
    It seems that the Org bot has a screw loose ATM, so I'mma just . . .

Copy it here and gush. I'm loving this card SO MUCH. It's a beautiful design, its direct-attacking effect playing well with the various Souls the archetype has available to it and its revival effect actually working with Soulbang as well as enemy action, and it honestly makes me wish I still could play the physical card game and get on board with this archetype.
    I appreciate the fact that you can now Synchro Climb through Musashi to this card, meaning you Summon Giga Gloves and Trumpeter, get back Trumpeter and set up the top of your Deck, then go into this card and have neat little defense, even on your first turn. That's all kinds of cool, really.

Registered User Voltanis The Adjudicator's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's pretty good, mainly because it fills a level we had nothing for previously. That being said, I wish its effects had more consistency. Generally, a monster that has low ATK (or DEF in this case) that can attack directly will have some sort of effect that triggers when it deals battle damage, such as Blaze Falcon's monster destruction. On the other hand, a monster that can summon itself during the opponent's turn would have an effect that can be used on the opponent's turn to combo with it. While each effect is decent on its own, I'd prefer more focused creatures rather than a monster with a mishmash of different capabilities. But since it only requires Machines and not SHS, it's clearly meant to be run in any ol' Machine deck.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baroque View Post
    It seems that the Org bot has a screw loose ATM
    Yea, no joke. I just visited the forums again, and I still find topics from like a week or so ago.

And yea, that card is amazing, even outside its own archetype. I can use it in my Crystron deck, and just use a level 5 Machine (Ametrix, Musashi, etc) with Citri to get to this immediately, and it even works even more perfectly if my opponent used a card to destroy and I chained Citri to summon this, since it will get summoned and revived next standby phase (if I survived that is) and with Quon it's a relatively easy Crystal Wing.
    RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINN!!!!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A week ago is about right. Articles haven't appeared in the forum since last weekend at least.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltanis The Adjudicator View Post
    It's pretty good, mainly because it fills a level we had nothing for previously. That being said, I wish its effects had more consistency. Generally, a monster that has low ATK (or DEF in this case) that can attack directly will have some sort of effect that triggers when it deals battle damage, such as Blaze Falcon's monster destruction. On the other hand, a monster that can summon itself during the opponent's turn would have an effect that can be used on the opponent's turn to combo with it. While each effect is decent on its own, I'd prefer more focused creatures rather than a monster with a mishmash of different capabilities. But since it only requires Machines and not SHS, it's clearly meant to be run in any ol' Machine deck.
    Honestly, I think its effects were both designed to work with existing Superheavy Samurai support. For example, where before you'd need to invest Soulbeads or a Soulfire Suit to keep a field presence after using Soulbang Cannon, we now have a monster that can return to the field after you make everything go plooey; meanwhile, on the other note (the direct-attacking bit), I think he's designed to be used with other Souls to capitalize on how he permits you to direct-attack with him. After all, most things that can direct attack seldom end up with the ability to do so twice (for a total 3800 damage; adding that Soulbang from before could ramp it up to 5800 damage) for appreciable damage (as noted in the last parentheses). It might seem a little unfocused on its own, but between the abovementioned options and maybe a Shutendoji to help keep it from attracting any particularly nasty surprises I'm reasonably sure it could do some appreciable work.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    A week ago is about right. Articles haven't appeared in the forum since last weekend at least.
    Possibly an issue with mod privileges. OCG decklists have not shown up here for a while too.