User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ARC-V Episode 119 DIscussion - Raiding Birds vs Singing Birds - Brother & Sisteri

Registered User Charly Ruri Raptors's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is nobody gonna mention the epic OST that played during Etranger Falcon summon? I tought it was beautifull. I think its the first time i've heard it but not sure.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charly Ruri Raptors View Post
    Is nobody gonna mention the epic OST that played during Etranger Falcon summon? I tought it was beautifull. I think its the first time i've heard it but not sure.
    I must have got distracted by Allen's BGM again. That's very careless of me.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently, Shun was a really possessive brother. I'm really surprised he won, specially when Dark Ruri spent the entire Duel complaining about Shun's "You couldn't do anything without me" line. Ruri saying she is not Shun's property was also a really strong line to me.

I would go as far to say that Shun didn't deserve his victory here. I mean, Shun won by proving his new friends made him understand what Sayaka was trying to do and that's some great character development, but that was not the point in this particular situation. The point here is that Shun has no right to tell Ruri whether or not she can receive a card.

Ruri also disappointed a lot both with her weak and boring Xyz ace monster and with her loss to Sayaka of all people. I fell really sorry someone of her level having to face Joeri alone. Her main deck was nice though. I hope it becomes a decent Rank 1 engine in real life.
    IRL Decks: Pure Artifact, Lyrilusc (work in progress) and futurely Time Thief
    Online: Trap Monster, Trickstar, Eyes Restrict
    Pre-Link Format: DDD, Heraldic Beast, Chronomaly

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post

Ruri also disappointed a lot both with her weak and boring Xyz ace monster and with her loss to Sayaka of all people. I fell really sorry someone of her level having to face Joeri alone. Her main deck was nice though. I hope it becomes a decent Rank 1 engine in real life.
    The Lyrical Luscinia have great potential to summon Numeron Dragon and Utopia Kaiser as long as the LLs don't get restrictions.

I don't mind Ruri being weak for now. After all, she could grow after this episode and become more competent. It happened to Jounouchi, Sho and Yuma. She doesn't need to be super skilled from the start like Serena (although "skilled" is a bit questionable) and Rin. Yuzu also improved in the first arc. Ruri has potential, as long as she doesn't get the Sawatari treatment like... Gongenzaka.
    I FUCKING HATE DUB NAMES! I HATE DUB NAMES SO MUCH!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Apparently, Shun was a really possessive brother. I'm really surprised he won, specially when Dark Ruri spent the entire Duel complaining about Shun's "You couldn't do anything without me" line. Ruri saying she is not Shun's property was also a really strong line to me.

I would go as far to say that Shun didn't deserve his victory here. I mean, Shun won by proving his new friends made him understand what Sayaka was trying to do and that's some great character development, but that was not the point in this particular situation. The point here is that Shun has no right to tell Ruri whether or not she can receive a card.

A part of me thinks that Shun using that Little Fairy might've been a subtle 'yes, big bro knows he's dun goofed' on his part. Which might've been part of how Ruri managed to rebel against the brain jacker. But that's just my two cents on the matter.
    #222937 for invisitext in the Org's dark. Try it out!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow I was finally able to get through. It kept telling me the server was busy.

Anyways this episode is really mixed for me. I don't know how to feel about it.

Ruri looked more evil than Rin. Of course evil doesn't suggest power yet we see her lose to Sayaka in a flashback and Shun here which shows clear signs of being weak. I didn't think Shun would win. Also if she was weaker then Sayaka at one point, then how does she have the power to resist the Parasite yet Rin who is stronger didn't even break it off? And I'm a bit mad that she broke the control and prevent Parasite Fusioners effect because I wanted to see that duel continue. I liked her deck but I think I like Rin's deck a little better.

Overall, I felt more emotion from Rin vs Yugo than I felt here. Maybe that's Shun's fault for not showing much emotion while Yugo did. And the switching between Ruri vs Shun and the Battle Beast stuff kinda cut into the Ruri stuff too and gave off less emotion. They should've kept them in separate episodes.

The best part of the episode was Shun's new RR. It looked great. Shun maybe the greatest Xyz duelist on screen ever with the way he's pulling things out of his @$$ like this Cross Xyz stuff. Then again, Crow was the first to create a Phantom Synchro. Bird gang getting the love I guess.

I'm interested in the Battle Beast stuff so let's see how that goes over the next few episodes.
    A Fallen Hero Is The Best Kind of Villain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now this is stupid and I don't expect it to happen, but I'd like this.
    Try reading manga raw. You will see it is special more than manga book.
    Go there and feel jpmangaraw.com