User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ARC-V Episode 119 DIscussion - Raiding Birds vs Singing Birds - Brother & Sisteri

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ARC-V Episode 119 DIscussion - Raiding Birds vs Singing Birds - Brother & Sisteri

Last Thursday, Bakura lost in final match of the Kalos League against Yuya for no reason other than bullshit writing and status quo. After all the build up of Bakura finally winning an official League tournament that is canon to the games, he still loses after 19 years and 930 episodes yet again. Six times in a row! Bakura's goal was to win that tournament, while Yuya's motivation was to simply fight Bakura. At least he was romantically motivated, since he wanted to bring Kotori her egao back.

Speaking of Kotori, Ruri is described as the little bird sibling to Kurosaki's big raptor. We learn that Kurosaki is actually the Shinigami (substitute) Ichigo Kurosaki and he merely used the "Shun" part of Shunpo (Flash Step) to disguise himself. And Ruri is actually Yuzu Kurosaki, and Rin is her younger twin sister Karin. And Kurosaki married the tellarknight girl whose favorite card is Vega.

Okay, enough of the references. Here's the real "review". Kurosaki finally arrives after two weeks on top of the stairs, where Ruri is standing in front of Diana who is laying unconsciously after being hit by two Streams. The recap actually added how Kaito told Edo to contact Yugo.
    Kurosaki meets his sister again and they hug each other like any YGO sibling pair does. Yep. Like a couple. (It gives me such vibes, but it's definitively platonic.) Kaito arrives there as well and obviously distrust the brainwashed girl. The flying things in the sky have cameras in it. The doctor has fun of enjoying the show, while the Professor gives zero fucks about how evil the girls are now, and the doctor commands Ruri to attack Kurosaki. Kurosaki being, you know, Kurosaki, he dodges. Ruri continues to look evil, maybe even more hardcore than Rin. But other than Rin, who didn't get good characterization with the brainwashing, Ruri is shown to have already existing inner frustration with her Nii-san. (Giving her formal speech pattern, "Onii-chan" would be too adorable and out of character.) She uses like Rin the Yuri-Duel Disk and challenges Kurosaki the Lancer.

Kurosaki uses two Xyz Materials to summon Rise Falcon in his first turn again and then sets a card. Ruri calls out for the obvious trap and is not bothered of attacking Rise Falcon. Instead, she summons five Level 1 monster in her first turn and Xyz Summon Lyrical Luscinia - Assembly Nightingale. The Lyrical Luscinia are Winged-Beasts; the Main Deck monsters are apparently little lolis cosplaying as birds and have a very similar naming pattern with the Crystal Beasts. The archetype represents the bird kanji "Chou" of the Kachou Fuugetsu principle, completing the theme of the Bracelet Girls. And singing is of course part of their music theme. Lusciniae are a genus of singing birds, which fits, but I don't see enough music with them.
    Back to Assembly Nightingale. She gains 100 ATK for each Over Ray Unit attack to her and can and attack directly up to the number of attached Over Ray Units. And interesting strategy and she already inflicts the same damage as Rin did with her Burn damage, except Ruri does it in her first turn and not throughout the entire duel.
    Kurosaki ranks up Rise Falcon to Blaze Falcon, but with new and flashier animation. Of course, Assembly Nightingale has defensive effects as well to protect herself from destruction and to negate Battle Damage, but at the cost of two ORUs at the end, as each effect needs one ORU. Of course, Blaze Falcon's ORU effect has never worked in the anime, only the one that involves direct attacking. But this time, Kurosaki doesn't attack direct.
    As expected, after Ruri attacks with Assembly Nightingale three times directly, she uses a Quick-Spell to summon the Parasite Fusioner and Fusion Summons Independent Nightingale. She increases her Level up to 4 and gains 500xLevel ATK, boosting her ATK from 1000 up to 3000. She somehow forgot that Kurosaki had the obvious Trap, and he used it to protect his Blaze Falcon. Although she then negates Blaze Falcon's effect with another Spell Card, similar like Rin did with Clear Wing.
    We get a flashback of Ruri dueling Sayaka and losing to her. Sayaka wanted to give Ruri her Little Fairy, but Kurosaki slapped it out of her hand. However,
    Spoiler Alert!

Kaito gave Kurosaki the Little Fairy right before the duel started, and Kurosaki draws her, using her effect to increase her Level up to 5. Then Kurosaki uses the Spell Card Cross Xyz, something that allows him to use Little Fairy and Blaze Falcon as Xyz Materials for the Cross Xyz Summon for Étrange Falcon. Then, Kurosaki uses its Volcasaur effect on Independent Nightingale, and the brainwashed Ruri attempts to use Parasite Fusioner's effect to protect her Fusion Monster, but the spirit of the real Ruri prevents the evil girl from activating it, causing her to lose her monster and 3000 Life Points. The real Ruri takes over and declares at her brother to finish the duel, which he does by attacking Ruri directly. (So, Étrange Falcon is essentially Utopia Ray V.) The doctor is amused by the results, while the Professor still doesn't care. We still don't know if Ruri has still the parasite in her brains.

Meanwhile at the Survival Duel,
    Spoiler Alert!
    we see how Ultra Hyper Strong Duelist Sawatari ran away from Battle Beast and fall from the cliff, which explains his scream from last episode. Super Hyper Ultra Strong Duelist Sawatari meets up with Crow and they start to duel Jacob and Emma. But before Great Super Hyper Ultra Strong Duelist Sawatari can even begin the very first turn, Battle Beast intrudes the duel, but he doesn't comes out of the bush.

An overall good episode. We get more infos on Ruri, we got to see her duel, but also the clash between her good and evil sides. Kurosaki doesn't disappoint. After all, he is a Shinigami and a soccer player who can run really fast and has a shot named Falcon Shot. Oh right, the soccer player was Shun Nitta, not Kurosaki. But it could have been better. I fell more from Yugo vs Rin, but Ruri got more characterization and she has more willpower.

Preview:
    Spoiler Alert!

-Crow attacking Sawatari with Raikiri and damages Great Super Hyper Ultra Strong Duelist Sawatari's D-Disk.
    -Sanders ranting or yelling.
    -Yuya and Gongenzaka dueling Battle Beast, a.k.a. BB. BB sounds lame.
    Last edited by KingJinzo; 23rd August 2016 at 10:40 AM.
    I FUCKING HATE DUB NAMES! I HATE DUB NAMES SO MUCH!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will shamelessly copy this from the other thread:

Oh my god that episode.

Spoiler Alert!

At first I thaught there will be no more RR cards other then that Trap and Shun will win with Revolution Falcon. But NO SIR. The Cross-overlay (is this Digimon now?) was followed by an Nerdgasm over the new RR! I just have to be a fanboy at this point. And that "CROSS XYZ SHOKAN" was balls. It gives me the SHIVERIU.

Other then that Ruri theme is swarming (like her brothers deck) and focused on summoning the Xyz which needs 5 xyz material(!) but can attack directly 5 times with 100 atk points per xyz material (500). Imagine this with some Atk boost. Truly scary, because it can protect itself by detaching 1 overlay unit. We got "some" flashback, but we've already seen that in the preview.

In between the duel we got some footage of SUPER HYPER STRONG DUELIST SHINGO and pals. And confirmation that the Battle Beast uses Glad beats. The preview was kinda what we already know of the preview summary.

LOOK AT IT
    Spoiler Alert!

This looks like an Angel from Evangelion.

Warera wa hitotsu ni

Registered User Charly Ruri Raptors's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    " The archetype represents the bird kanji "Chou" of the Kachou Fuugetsu principle, completing the theme of the Bracelet Girls. And singing is of course part of their music theme. Lusciniae are a genus of singing birds, which fits, but I don't see enough music with them".

Could you elaborate on this? I thougth the musical theme was the only thing in common among the girls deck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spoiler Alert!
    So, summoning Odd-Eyes Rebellion irl (using Xiangke Magician) is actually a "Cross Xyz" summon? In the anime Yuya gives levels to Dark Rebellion so it's a bit different.

Liked this episode. Kurosaki SHUNpo, Kurosaki stairs, Kurosaki the meme master never disappoints. Also,
    Spoiler Alert!
    Great Super Hyper Ultra Strong Duelist (Neo New) Sawatari is safe, he just fell off a cliff.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charly Ruri Raptors View Post
    " The archetype represents the bird kanji "Chou" of the Kachou Fuugetsu principle, completing the theme of the Bracelet Girls. And singing is of course part of their music theme. Lusciniae are a genus of singing birds, which fits, but I don't see enough music with them".

Could you elaborate on this? I thougth the musical theme was the only thing in common among the girls deck.
    https://forums.ygorganization.com/sh...he-four-Yuzus)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The best thing for me in this episode is Leo Akaba's expression.
    He's like.. "Damn, why did I hire this guy again? Oh, right. He can brainwash people and things. But man, he's getting annoying."

Shun, seriously, stop Rise Falcon turn one like a noob. You got Force Strix, remember?

Spoiler Alert!

I didn't expect we'll get another rank 5 RR this soon. I thought at least they'll reveal the rank 7 (or maybe 9) first. But another rank 5 is really nice. Because sometimes when I play (pure casual) RR and in a situation I can summon a rank 5 RR, it's not really a good situation to summon Blaze Falcon.

That Vega (Orihime) reference though. Man, you know a lot of things, KingJinzo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternalight View Post
    The best thing for me in this episode is Leo Akaba's expression.
    He's like.. "Damn, why did I hire this guy again? Oh, right. He can brainwash people and things. But man, he's getting annoying."

Shun, seriously, stop Rise Falcon turn one like a noob. You got Force Strix, remember?

Spoiler Alert!

I didn't expect we'll get another rank 5 RR this soon. I thought at least they'll reveal the rank 7 (or maybe 9) first. But another rank 5 is really nice. Because sometimes when I play (pure casual) RR and in a situation I can summon a rank 5 RR, it's not really a good situation to summon Blaze Falcon.

That Vega (Orihime) reference though. Man, you know a lot of things, KingJinzo.
    do the writers even remember that card? cause if they did shun could easily double force strix right there
    you think you can beat me, I'm a giant frickin satellite bigger than the sun, your move

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh boy, this episode was intense; I love it!

Spoiler Alert!

Once again, Ruri proves herself to be the best Yuzu (even though it's technically her first episode where she actually gets to do anything, but my Ruri bias is too strong to care o3o ). I'm not really fond of how her Main Deck monsters look like, but they seem to do their job pretty well, so heh. Also, I'm really curious to see that duel against Sayaka; I can't process the fact that Ruri lost to her!

Speaking of Sayaka, seems like her Little Fairy saving the day everytime is a regular thing now <.<

Hurray for more Falcons for Shun, but it would've been better in my eyes if they filled the Rank 7 and 9 spots for the Falcon line first, and have Étrange be a Strix or an Eagle instead, but that's just a minor detail. A bit annoyed that it's yet another Volcasaurus though, but I assume it has something else up its sleeve.

While having Ruri snapping out of it to prevent Evil!Ruri from letting Parasite Fusioner doing its job is nice and all, as it is written on the wiki, Parasite Fusioner's desruction prevention effect as an Equip Card is mandatory.. But again, details, details :P

In any case, neither Leo nor Bugwin seem to care about that. I really, really hope the Parasite inside Ruri's head is gone for good now, 'cause it'd be really awful for her character devolpment to have her fall into Academia's control again just because the plot demands it...

Shame we have to fully go back to the Survival Duel story now.

Spoiler Alert!

On that regard, I guess there isn't much to talk about, except that I'm hyped for Gladiator Beasts, and that Sawatari's still alive, and that he's now one "Master" away from having his title include the names of all the classic Pokéball upgrades. Also pretty curious to see how things will be going for him once his Duel Disk breaks.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Professor is like "Just because I let innocent people be carded by my army and I order my agents to capture four girls and I make them things do that I want by brainwashing them, I'm not evil." Well, he's not a good guy either, but he doesn't enjoy evil.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Initial thought on Ruri's monsters: All I can see in Sparrow and Swallow are a bunch of anthropomorphic Pidgeys and Tailow. :P