User Tag List

Thread: I just want a fresh start.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just want a fresh start.

https://forums.ygorganization.com/sh...account-banned

I know I did things that I regret on dueling network forums and I know that I have a bit of a reputation, but that was on dueling network forums, not here. I just want a fresh start and I do not want any trouble. Please don't loathe me or hold a grudge against me here for something that happened somewhere else, since it is unfair for me to be banned from a forum that I have never even posted on before.

Also if possible since Dan and Quincymcoy are part of dueling network could either one of you please let me appeal the ban on dueling network and let me have another chance? I have not caused any trouble for months since I got banned and I just want to start over, either here on dueling network.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Christen56 View Post
    https://forums.ygorganization.com/sh...account-banned

I know I did things that I regret on dueling network forums and I know that I have a bit of a reputation, but that was on dueling network forums, not here. I just want a fresh start and I do not want any trouble. Please don't loathe me or hold a grudge against me here for something that happened somewhere else, since it is unfair for me to be banned from a forum that I have never even posted on before.

Also if possible since Dan and Quincymcoy are part of dueling network could either one of you please let me appeal the ban on dueling network and let me have another chance? I have not caused any trouble for months since I got banned and I just want to start over, either here on dueling network.
    Are the DN forums still up? Because the game shut own a couple of months ago.
    Current decks: Salamangreats, Knightmare Cyberse, and Odd-Eyes Performapals
    Originator of the Tulpa Summon, and the homebrewed cards you use with it.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty sure DN is gone

Also the guys that run the org are the same guys that run DN, the wikia and other major YGO sites.

Your not the first to be pre-emptively warned/banned
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volteccer View Post
    Are the DN forums still up? Because the game shut own a couple of months ago.
    The game was shut down but the forums are still up. However, many people and moderators have left the forums since dueling network forums is just not the same without dueling network.

Quote Originally Posted by Dread Kaiser View Post
    Pretty sure DN is gone

Also the guys that run the org are the same guys that run DN, the wikia and other major YGO sites.

Your not the first to be pre-emptively warned/banned
    There are other people who are having the same problems that I have? Who are they?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Myself, and my circumstances were considerably different.and i never heard of you so i cant compare

Also instead of putting a pointless appeal here (as quincy already said he isn't lifting your ban), you'd be better off PMing him
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't pm him since it says the inbox is full, which is weird. Most online inboxes can hold hundreds of mails.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...Why would you ask if the staff could lift your ban if you've got a bad reputation? They have already stated their reasons for banning your previous account.

Also, since you've created a new account, wouldn't this count as ban evading?

Nevertheless, perhaps the staff will allow you to remain if you keep clean and post more often. No guarantees, but they may rethink their opinion of you if you straighten up. Good luck.
    Currently using: Predator Plant, Pendulum Magician, Zarc Magician, Red-Eyes Interested in: Magibullet, Altergiest, Vullet(?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuri View Post
    ...Why would you ask if the staff could lift your ban if you've got a bad reputation? They have already stated their reasons for banning your previous account.
    Yeah I already know about the reputation. Many of you who are reading this don't even know who I am or why I suddenly appeared on this forum so I might as well give you a quick explaination.

You see, about 10 months ago I was on dueling network forums and back then I was seen as nothing but a stupid ignorant and immature noob who made tons of bad posts (At least 200 bad posts were made by me over that 10 month period. Here is just one of the posts that I made.
    http://forum.duelingnetwork.com/inde...-yugioh/page-2

Here people were talking about whether or not yugioh was dying and I thought it was a good idea to jump in and act like a clown lol.
    I could have been banned right there and then for shit posting, but all the admins did was give me a slap on the wrist and allow me to continue posting badly for several more months. This was because during my whole time on dueling network, I didn't realize it at the time, but I was exploiting a loop hole in dueling networks rule system. There were no rules against shit posting and failing to make good quality posts. I thought I was safe from the admins ban hammer simply because I was not directly violating the rules at the time. It was not until about either March or April that at least 6 different moderators decided they had had enough and ganged up on me and quickly banned me from the forums. It was not quincymcoy who banned me at that time. I don't even think quincymcoy was a staff member back then.
    They only banned me from the forums which means I could still duel on dueling network, I just could not be on the forums.
    Many of the people (not staff members but regular normal members) who were against me for my behavior were people who behaved much worse than I did and got away with it. I was the center of attention and there were times where there would be major problems and people would troll and I would get randomly blamed for those problems. Those people got off scot free.

Another thing I want to point out is that Dan and the head admins made the same mistakes I did. I got in trouble for exploiting a loop hole in the rule system and doing things that were crazy and annoying but did not directly violate the rules. The admins saw and realized this and I underestimated the admins and that is how I got banned.
    Dan stated here that his server to host the images when dueling network got the C and D was not illegal in any way nor did it violate the C and D.
    http://forum.duelingnetwork.com/inde...ges/?p=2375056

It is clear that just like how I found a loop hole to the rule system and underestimated the admins, that the admins themselves found a loop hole to the Cease and Disest and underestimated Nihon Ad System which lead to dueling network getting shut down since apparently, what Dan was doing did actually violate the C and D otherwise dueling network would have still been active.

It just felt awful knowing that both the admins and myself make the same mistake, and recieve almost the exact same punishment for it. Only the admins had their punishment made more severe. Black Luster Soldier, the owner of dueling network was apparently making money every time people visit dueling network but very barely profiting if not at all. Dueling network is paid money to advertise products for every person that visits dueling network and that money is used to keep the servers running. With dueling network gone, the admins can't profit and lose tons of money.

Like I said earlier, this all happened 4 to 10 months ago and nearly everyone has put the past behind them. I want to do the same, which is why I came here looking for a fresh start.

Also, since you've created a new account, wouldn't this count as ban evading?
    I would not consider myself "ban evading" since I am just looking for a fresh start, plus that ban that I just got was given to me for "no reason specified" and the reason for that "no reason specified" ban was for something that happened a very long time ago that was already handled by other staff members. I only evade bans when I truly believe that I was banned wrongfully and that I can appeal the ban and since that original ban was for "no reason specified" I believed that I was banned by mistake.

I am not looking for any trouble, I have not caused any real harm recently, and any harm that I did cause was caused months ago and I have already been punished for that harm. I knew that I had to change for the better and I knew that I had to gain the admins trust and seek out a fresh start. I know that quincymcoy wants to keep this forum as peaceful as possible and I just need a chance to make things right.

Nevertheless, perhaps the staff will allow you to remain if you keep clean and post more often. No guarantees, but they may rethink their opinion of you if you straighten up. Good luck.
    Thanks. Assuming that they let me explore the forums and make posts, I will probably be meeting new faces and maybe I could make new friends here too. I still want to appeal my dueling network ban, but that may have to wait for who knows how long.
    Anyways I guess I better straighten up now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is ban evading. It does not help to bring it up in public, even the others in the post acknowledged that. This adds to the problem of post quality in other topics that have forced me to become more active in moderation, so I've clearly reached the tough decision to end this now.

-Topic is no longer relevant to remain open, so I will be closing it.