User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: ARC-V Episode 120 Discussion - The Gladiator Is A Beast!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarkiel View Post
    I kind of hope we get some gladiator beast stuff. That new fusion monster is amazing.
    Fusion Enforcers. Excuse to reprint them.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I know. He could have used Jade's P Effect to increase Battleball's level, then tune with Prepped Defense for Shutendoji. Shuten cleans BB's S/T zones and destroys Secutor by battle. Then Coral activates to let Shuten attack again directly (BB LP 2600-> 100) and Soulfire Suit lands the finishing blow.
    So I'm not the only one who saw exactly this. Well, plot armor strikes again, I guess.

You'll never be "Kurosaki Shun riding a backflipping Revolution Falcon then jumping on a driving motorcycle"-cool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This episode had amazing quality compared to the past episodes I've watched albeit the duel was pretty lackluster on Yuya and Gongenzaka's end for avenging their fallen comrades. Seriously though Yuya set two scales, summoned odd-eyes and just ended his turn after a failed attack knowing his opponent set THREE back row if that was not an obvious trap. I'll forgive Gong because we get a new super heavy samurai so that's ok.

Battle beast takes out both Tsukikage AND Crow of all people makes me feel like the writers couldn't think of anything else to do with so many members in lancers but not enough antagonists because Dennis loses to Kite so he cards himself while Kachidochi I'm not even going to talk about since that episode was filler in a nutshell (dude literally walks away after his so called "revenge").

Next episode we get the return of the king Jack Atlas which I'm really excited for since that cliffhanger entrance got my 5D's nostalgia running again. Please if anything Jack better not get carded or else I'll be upset. Sanders joins the duel too so hopefully this tag duel will be better than the tyler sisters but knowing Yuya he'll do some Egao nonsense again to win...

Since Tsukikage and Crow is out could means any other members of the lancers could potentially be carded as well. I just hope its not some stupid off-screen duel because Kite of all people getting carded without a proper good duel would be a huge disappointment.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess it's easier to make Yuya and Gongenzaka look incompetent, but not Crow.
    Last edited by KingJinzo; 30th August 2016 at 08:03 PM.
    I FUCKING HATE DUB NAMES! I HATE DUB NAMES SO MUCH!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingJinzo View Post
    I guess it's easier to make Yuya and Gongenzaka look imcompetent, but not Crow.
    Probably yes. Even when he got defeated by Evil Yuya his Dueling actually looked better than Yuyas.

You'll never be "Kurosaki Shun riding a backflipping Revolution Falcon then jumping on a driving motorcycle"-cool.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yshipster View Post
    Probably yes. Even when he got defeated by Evil Yuya his Dueling actually looked better than Yuyas.
    Well, Yuya was in a situation where he couldn't possibly not not win against Crow. Crow was just prolonging the end.

But with BB, it's difficult to write a duel where BB could realistically overwhelm Crow, whose set of skills and cards are on a high level. Especially with BB taking the 2000 penalty. Crow is pretty much one of the top 5 Lancers if we count Jack and Kaito (yes, I rank Crow above Edo and Kurosaki). Making Crow look incompetent doesn't work, especially with his deck. It works with Yuya, Gongenzaka (poor man), Sawatari and Tsukikage, but not with Crow. Even if he does spam Raikiri so much, Raikiri is a perfect counter against BB's Trap Cards.

And the synopsis of next episodes already tells us that BB is going to be dominated by Jack and Yuya's teamwork and Sanders has to go in. Not even BB can handle both, Jack and an actual motivated Yuya, at once. BB defeating Crow doesn't look right to me. BB's strategy already shows how good he is against dueling "noobs", but it would've been more effective to have Yuri defeating Crow to hype him up. Even if Yuri cards Sawatari, it's not a big accomplishment. If Yuri would defeat someone like Jack, Edo or Kaito, that would be right. I can imagine Yuri dueling all three at once, but the problem with 3-on-1 duels in this series is that the single duelist just defeats them in one turn, so it would be better if he would take on each of them one after another, similar like Goodwin (except Goodwin didn't defeat anyone and he cheated).

Btw, I wished episode 119 had a better animation director. Maybe we could have got something like this:

What a beautiful yet creepy face. Just cover either one of her eyes and look at her pretty face.
    Last edited by KingJinzo; 30th August 2016 at 11:42 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Superb episode! Artwork was great. Sawatari became less hated because he actually showed concern for Crow. And Crow what happened? I agree with you all that this was not the way to send out Crow. An off-screen duel where in actuality Crow and Blackwings are better than BB. But BB shattering his shoulders and then carding him was intense.

I've noticed now that the signal for Yuya sucking and losing the duel is when his Pendulum sets are off. When he's set his Scales against Reiji the second time, Jack the first time and against Barrett, they were not his usual plot armor sets of greatness. I guess that employs a sense of reality that even the protagonist doesn't always get good hands. Basically though what I'm trying to say is he may lose this.

BB is truly a beast. By carding Tsukikage and Crow and nearly carding the man Gong, he's done more than Edo Phoenix who was the Commander-In-Chief of the Academia forces. I know that the Tyler Sisters supposedly took out an entire faction of duelist in the Xyz Dimension raid but it was off-screen. On-screen, they didn't even get to card Allen and Sayaka. Barrett was OP and yet he still didn't feel strong. Dennis could get some love as well but he was more of a spy rather than causing actual harm. When he tried against Shun, he failed. Aside from Yuri, BB is the most powerful original soldier they used to this point. Also I never knew that Gladiator Beast were this good because I never really followed them when they came out way back then. BB's set up was strong and his plays kept going and going. It was enjoyable to watch him blow up Gong and Yuya's field. Also how about Gong getting to headline with Yuya. You the man Gong!

Now step aside and let the Duel King descend upon this Battle Beast! Yuya looks lost in the next episode preview and it's kinda not shocking considering he only has 100 Life Points left. I think the outcome will be that BB, Sanders, and Jack all lose while Yuya somehow survives of course. That new dragon (if used in the next episodes) may be some kind of field-nuke like Gandora
    A Fallen Hero Is The Best Kind of Villain

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKaash View Post
    Now step aside and let the Duel King descend upon this Battle Beast! Yuya looks lost in the next episode preview and it's kinda not shocking considering he only has 100 Life Points left. I think the outcome will be that BB, Sanders, and Jack all lose while Yuya somehow survives of course. That new dragon (if used in the next episodes) may be some kind of field-nuke like Gandora
    Well, the new Dragon has fire wings (or at least they look like fire wings). Link below
    https://66.media.tumblr.com/b96d4b8e...rkbxo1_400.jpg

None of the main characters has a FIRE Dragon, and the one the resembles a FIRE Dragon the most is RDA.
    So I hope we end up getting Odd-Eyes Daemon's Dragon.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was finally able to keep up with the show and HOLY **** THIS EPISODE. Not only it had such a good animation (seriously, when was the last time the show looked this good? I don't remember) but also BB was, well... A BEAST, Gongenzaka showed us why he is THE MAN (although he misplayed a little) and Jack pulls a Big Damn Heroes moment like no one's business.

But the best part for me was, without a doubt, how BB showcased the power of the Gladiator Beasts, as an ex-GB player that made me extremely happy. This episode would trigger PTSD in some of my friends that were in the recieving end of my GB back when they were broken. I want that fusion and Medallion with a boost that instead made my GBs into Towers, please.
    Donīt forget to have fun and ENJOY.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Destiny91 View Post
    Well, the new Dragon has fire wings (or at least they look like fire wings). Link below
    https://66.media.tumblr.com/b96d4b8e...rkbxo1_400.jpg

None of the main characters has a FIRE Dragon, and the one the resembles a FIRE Dragon the most is RDA.
    So I hope we end up getting Odd-Eyes Daemon's Dragon.
    While I doubt an actual combination between the two, taking inspiration from Red Daemon's is possible. There is only one problem. Yuya has only 100 LP left. If he (non-Flip) summons Tuning Magician, he loses. So he either uses a new Tuner Monster out of nowhere, he uses one of Jack's Tuners or he recovers some LP. I refuse to think of another Fusion Monster. And Xyz looks random to me.

I like the idea of an actual FIRE monster. Odd-Eyes attacks with flames, and Brave-Eyes... yeah, why aren't those two FIRE monsters? Okay, Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon has a sinister fire attack, but it could also be either EARTH or FIRE.

Honestly, the next episode doesn't seem to look good artistically, judging from the preview.

I hope we got more of those in the future:
    Spoiler Alert!

Gil-Bo Noh, you are the only Korean we can rely on.
    Last edited by KingJinzo; 31st August 2016 at 10:29 PM.