User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ARC-V Episode 120 Discussion - The Gladiator Is A Beast!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ARC-V Episode 120 Discussion - The Gladiator Is A Beast!

This episodes starts with Jacob and Emma being carded off-screen, reminding us how unimportant they are. I'm sure none of us will miss any of the five fodder characters who were used as sacrificial lambs for the character Battle Beast to establish his character. Yuya and Gongenzaka are trying to look for Crow and Super Great Hyper Ultra Strong Duelist Sawatari who are dueling Battle Beast. Crow is aware of how weak Sawatari is and attacks him directly and breaks his Duel Disk to spare him from his miserable fate. Crow tries to take Battle Beast on by himself, but he isn't sure if he can handle him. And yes, Battle Beast can talk.

Spoiler Alert!

Crow isn't able to take BB out and loses the duel. Yuya and Gongenzaka reach the battlefield, only to witness Crow being carded by BB. At least, Crow looks cool on his artwork. Sawatari gets the Crow card before BB can stomp on it, being thankful and sad for Crow's sacrifice. Crow didn't do much in this arc, but the characters are remembering of their scenes from the previous arc. Even though Sanders is angry about how he lost five of his students, he just deals with it and has to rely on BB.

By the way, Battle Beast is now officially credited as BB (still Battle Beast in the ending), so I'll call him BB for the rest of the series. Yuya and the manly Gongenzaka take on BB while Sawatari is unable to join the duel because of his broken Duel Disk. Sanders uses the opportunity to educate his students. BB starts this duel with summoning Laquari and setting three cards. The jungle guy starts with so many backrows? Yuya uses a 6-8 Scale, Pendulum Summoning Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon, attacking Laquari with it. However, BB protects Laquari with his Continuous Trap Card, but takes double damage because of his card, but he replaces Laquari with Secutor. Yuya (did I mentioned that his scales are horrible?) ends his turn without setting a card.

Gongenzaka gets his turn, sets his 1-8 Scale and Pendulum Summons three monsters, something that is more impressive to the Academia students than Yuya summoning a Level 7 monster. Speaking of 7, Gongenzaka immediately Synchro Summons into the Level 7 Superheavy Samurai Ninja Shinobiashi (2800 DEF). Shinobiashi can attack directly by halving its DEF, but BB prevents him from doing so. BB starts spamming monsters, destroys all of Yuya and Gongenzaka's monsters and inflicts 500 damage to each of them. And that all happens during Gongenzaka's turn. Fortunately, Shinobiashi is able to revive itself in the End Phase.

But now we have BB's turn. He Contacts Fusion his three remaining monsters and summons Andabattae which Special Summons Gyzarus from the Extra Deck. What?! Instead of -2 for one monsters, he gets only a -1 for two monsters. Gyzarus takes two of Yuya and Gongenzaka's cards and they take 500 damage, leaving them unprotected. Since Gongenzaka can't use Action Cards, Yuya baits BB to attack him. Unfortunately, BB is too "smart" to fall for it, he attacks Yuya anyway and grabs the Action Card before Yuya can get it. Meanwhile, Sawatari realizes that Gongenzaka's duel style can't handle Spell Cards in the Graveyard. So didn't he notice how he screwed up the man in their Tag Duel against the Tyler Sisters?

Spoiler Alert!

BB returns Gyzarus back to his Extra Deck to power up his Andabattae from 1000 ATK to 3400 ATK, which can defeat either Yuya or Gongenzaka easily. He decides for Yuya and he blocks Yuya's path of getting Action Cards by Flash Stepping. Unexpectedly, and I really mean it, Gongenzaka uses an Action Card to summon a Token to protect Yuya, but taking 2400 Battle Damage in turn. Yuya and Sawatari are stunned how Gongenzaka sacrificed his style to protect Yuya. Andabattae returns to the Extra Deck, but BB Special Summons two Gladiator Beasts to take out two of cards of his opponents; Gongenzaka's Token remains protected, but Yuya's last Scale is destroyed, reducing his Life Points from 600 to 100. Then BB re-summons Gyzarus to destroy Gongenzaka's two Scales, inflicting 1000 damage and defeating the manly man. He stands like a man and he falls like one. Shortly before BB is going to card the man, the other manly character drives with his Wheel of Fortune into the sky and grabs everyones attention. That's right. The former King of Riding Duels is back.

Apparently, a good chunk of the budget from the previous four episodes went into this episode's art and animation. A good duel with good animation. Unfortunately, Yuya's game sucks in this episode. As "fillerish" BB is, he is actually an entertaining villain. He's a beast, but he plays smart. He is dangerous and very effective against the Lancers and he can take out several people at once.
    Spoiler Alert!
    Carding Tsukikage and Crow and almost Gongenzaka makes him definitvely memorable. At least, he's more memorable than almost half of the Seven Stars Assassin.

BB is definitively a better wild-man-character than Taizan from GX who was a Tarzan rip-off. He's also shows the glory of the Gladiator Beast, the archetype whose name was in the main booster series, despite they never appeared in GX (and Chaos Neos was the cover card because he wasn't included in Tactical Evolution). Remember 2007? (I don't.)

Also, this episode is probably the manliest episode of this series. We have four characters who have their very manly moments. BB, Crow, Gongenzaka and
    Spoiler Alert!
    Jack.

And now for the preview:
    Spoiler Alert!

-Jack is upset about Crow being carded. Why? You only interacted with him once in this series. Are your 5D's senses tiggling or something?
    -Jack does the same as Yugo and drives on the battlefield while dueling a non-riding opponent.
    -Sanders still talks about BB.
    -Yuya stands there and stares at Jack Atlas while doing nothing.
    -ABUSORYUTO PAWAA FUREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIIIIIIIIMU!!!!"
    Last edited by KingJinzo; 28th August 2016 at 11:54 AM.
    I FUCKING HATE DUB NAMES! I HATE DUB NAMES SO MUCH!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Long story short:

Spoiler Alert!
    Rest in Cardboard, Crow, and thanks for all the new Synchros for your Deck.

Gong was awesome, and Swan Song Duel was very obviously Swan-Songy for him.

Battle Beast lives up to his name spectacularly so, and his Traps and new Fusion were awesome, as was his playstyle.

Sylvio shows tact for the first time in a good while. (!)

Enter Jack Atlas.

Also, Jack knows that Crow is also a resident of Synchro Land, so he's mad that a citizen of his hometown was carded, even if they didn't interact directly more than once.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spoiler Alert!
    Sanders is seen in the jungle in the preview btw, so he reveals himself to the Lancers and might explain who BB is.

Also Sawatari became a much more likable character this episode. He cries about Crow, who rescued him and sacrificed himself, and cares for his comrades more than for his dueling.

The new Superheavy Samurai is pretty good actually, given that you can summon him with any level 3 + Superheavy Samurai Trumpeter, if you use the level 5 Synchro. Although the fact, that the real card need's to be destroyed by card effects to be re-summoned is a bit waisted against Monarchs, D/Ds and Blue-Eyes in the current meta. But still, SHS really got great support in the last months.

Jack appereance felt a bit random though, somehow like "Yuya is bad, we need another strong duelist, but, oh wait, Reiji is busy right now". I mean, Yuya defeats Jack, but Jack needs to save Yuya because he is stronger? Can we ever take it serious again, that Yuya is the current Duel King?

BBs dueling however was flawless. Since the Booster is named Raging tempest, I have actual hopes that his new cards are printed here (or in the Fusion Booster SP, alongside some Gladiator Beast reprints).
    Last edited by yshipster; 28th August 2016 at 01:39 PM.

You'll never be "Kurosaki Shun riding a backflipping Revolution Falcon then jumping on a driving motorcycle"-cool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Long story short:

Spoiler Alert!
    Rest in Cardboard, Crow, and thanks for all the new Synchros for your Deck.

Gong was awesome, and Swan Song Duel was very obviously Swan-Songy for him.

Battle Beast lives up to his name spectacularly so, and his Traps and new Fusion were awesome, as was his playstyle.

Sylvio shows tact for the first time in a good while. (!)

Enter Jack Atlas.

Also, Jack knows that Crow is also a resident of Synchro Land, so he's mad that a citizen of his hometown was carded, even if they didn't interact directly more than once.
    He is pissed because Crow's children specifucally sent him to take care of Crow.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LolsterXD97 View Post
    He is pissed because Crow's children specifucally sent him to take care of Crow.
    Either way, Jack's indignation at Crow being a card makes sense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rather pathetic that Crow didn't even get a duel, but I guess they only have so much time. Also, why isn't attacking duel disks a thing used more often? Yuya's plays sucked this episode. At least Gon-chan got some spotlight, even though he maintains jobber status. BB had some good plays, so overall a better duel than what we've seen for a while.

So, the plot armor for legacy characters is off, I expect Kaito's dying next. I think we're going to have a Zexal-esque massacre and the following characters will die over the course of the next 25 episodes, in no particular order:

Shun
    Sawatari
    Gongenzaka
    Kaito
    Edo
    Jack
    Asuka
    Sora
    Gloria
    Grace
    Allen
    Sayaka

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iNfiniTe Se7eNz View Post
    Rather pathetic that Crow didn't even get a duel, but I guess they only have so much time. Also, why isn't attacking duel disks a thing used more often? Yuya's plays sucked this episode. At least Gon-chan got some spotlight, even though he maintains jobber status. BB had some good plays, so overall a better duel than what we've seen for a while.

So, the plot armor for legacy characters is off, I expect Kaito's dying next. I think we're going to have a Zexal-esque massacre and the following characters will die over the course of the next 25 episodes, in no particular order:

Shun
    Sawatari
    Gongenzaka
    Kaito
    Edo
    Jack
    Asuka
    Sora
    Gloria
    Grace
    Allen
    Sayaka
    And there's still only one Zexal legacy character. Vector massacre? I would love that so much.

Registered User Charly Ruri Raptors's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone else thinks Yuya is gonna summon the cover card from Raging Tempest in 122?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crow got plenty of screentime in City, so I don't mind much that he's out (and people won't complain of him stealing screentime).

Gongenzaka needs at least one win. He only won one on-screen duel after becoming a Lancer, and we don't know how serious Dennis was. Since the man is saved, he must have a purpose.

Sawatari serves as a jobber and comic relief and there will be the time where he'll lose to Yuri.

The question is what will happen to BB after he loses. Does anyone consider carding the winner?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingJinzo View Post
    Crow got plenty of screentime in City, so I don't mind much that he's out (and people won't complain of him stealing screentime).

Gongenzaka needs at least one win. He only won one on-screen duel after becoming a Lancer, and we don't know how serious Dennis was. Since the man is saved, he must have a purpose.

Sawatari serves as a jobber and comic relief and there will be the time where he'll lose to Yuri.

The question is what will happen to BB after he loses. Does anyone consider carding the winner?
    They'd have to use his own Duel Disk. Sawatari might.