User Tag List

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Recent Official Popularity Poll (DM-ARC-V)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanokal View Post
    Mai was actually pretty good, below the three I mentioned, but not far off.
    And then season 4 ruined her character arc by regressing her character.
    I FUCKING HATE DUB NAMES! I HATE DUB NAMES SO MUCH!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingJinzo View Post
    My point is not that his first name disappears. Regardless of the pun, nobody calls him by his first name, like nobody calls Yugi by his last name.
    Yugi is referred to by his full name pretty often actually
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How the actual (expletive) did Yuma even make it on there? Better question. WHY is he even on there?

I'm really surprised that Crow wasn't on the results, since everyone seems to love him. Honestly, I was expecting more ARC-V cast to be on the results, but the writers did a good job of ruining the main cast, so I guess this is understandable. At least there's Shun (surprisingly).

Another thing I'm surprised about is the fact that Kaiba was on the top of the poll. You'd think that it would be Yugi or Yami Yugi, but nope. The rich asshole actually has a fanbase.
    Currently using: Predator Plant, Pendulum Magician, Zarc Magician, Red-Eyes Interested in: Magibullet, Altergiest, Vullet(?)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why the hell is Jonouchi so low? Under Kiryu, Yusei, Judai, and a bunch of other mediocre characters? Really?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuri View Post
    How the actual (expletive) did Yuma even make it on there? Better question. WHY is he even on there?

I'm really surprised that Crow wasn't on the results, since everyone seems to love him. Honestly, I was expecting more ARC-V cast to be on the results, but the writers did a good job of ruining the main cast, so I guess this is understandable. At least there's Shun (surprisingly).

Another thing I'm surprised about is the fact that Kaiba was on the top of the poll. You'd think that it would be Yugi or Yami Yugi, but nope. The rich asshole actually has a fanbase.
    One, Zexal has less hate in Japan compared to the west, and two, that this is a random cafe means that you don't have a really good sample size, so the results are questionable.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dread Kaiser View Post
    Yugi is referred to by his full name pretty often actually
    Full Name Basis is still a completely different thing than last name basis.

Just look at Reiji and Yuya. They referred to each other by their full names for most until the finale of the City arc, showcasing how distant they were to each other. But now they go with first name basis, which indicates their mutual trust.

First name basis, last name basis and full name basis work are very different things. Kaiba is only referred to by his first name by his family, his employees and Ishizu, but almost nobody else doesn't. Kurosaki's first name basis only comes into play when he's referred to by Heartland characters, demonstrating his bond with his homeland people. Also, full name basis is always used to give a bigger effect than first name basis and last name basis. There is a huge difference to be called "Yugi Muto" than just "Muto". Who actually calls him just "Muto" anyway? Teachers? It's already weird that all protagonist are called by their first names in the first place.

Nico Smiley calls almost everyone by their last name when he's doing his commentary job, which is just a formal thing.
    Last edited by KingJinzo; 12th September 2016 at 04:43 AM.
    I FUCKING HATE DUB NAMES! I HATE DUB NAMES SO MUCH!