User Tag List

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Recent Official Popularity Poll (DM-ARC-V)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Recent Official Popularity Poll (DM-ARC-V)

I discovered a recent popularity poll that included characters from all five main series. I don't know the backround about it, but after some research I finally figured out who the characters placed from 8th to 13th are.

1) Kaiba Seto
    2) Muto Yugi
    3) Yuki Judai
    4) Tenjou Kaito
    5) Atem
    6) Fudo Yusei
    7) Yami Yugi
    8) Jack Atlas
    9) Manjoume Jun
    10) Kiryu Kyosuke
    11) Jounouchi Katsuya
    12) Tsukumo Yuma
    13) Kurosaki Shun

Was it really necessary to treat Atem and Yami Yugi as two different characters? It's different with Yami Bakura and Thief King Bakura, since those two are two different characters. Although, if you view Yami Yugi as nothing more than an alter ego... ah, too complicated.

Damn you, Kaiba.

What are your thoughts about the poll?
    I FUCKING HATE DUB NAMES! I HATE DUB NAMES SO MUCH!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm wondering how Kaito got that high, he was fine in Zexal pt1 but his other apperances was either too angsty or an gigantic jerkass sue.

Kaiba winning was no surprise, his popularity was already obvious from the anime, 2 of the 3 Filler arcs were HIS Villains and he got Shoehorned into season 5, not to mention of course Darkside of Dimensions.

and how the fuck did Yuma score higher than Shun?
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, if we count Atem and Yami Yugi as a single characters, their votes might be higher than Kaiba's. Hell, we could even combine all three Yugis, so Yugi would be more popular than Kaiba.
    I FUCKING HATE DUB NAMES! I HATE DUB NAMES SO MUCH!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dread Kaiser View Post
    I'm wondering how Kaito got that high, he was fine in Zexal pt1 but his other apperances was either too angsty or an gigantic jerkass sue.

Kaiba winning was no surprise, his popularity was already obvious from the anime, 2 of the 3 Filler arcs were HIS Villains and he got Shoehorned into season 5, not to mention of course Darkside of Dimensions.

and how the fuck did Yuma score higher than Shun?
    Did Shun ever achieve super saiyan 1,2 or 3?NO?There you go.Kaito was the Kaiba of Zexal,has been in 2 series in a row so he is fresh in popularity unlike say Edo who has been absent for 8 years.Whats more unsettling is the fact that they treat Atem and Yami Yugi as different characters......

Also how did kiryu and manjoume got that high i wonder since it has been a while since they appeared.
    Last edited by Never die; 2nd September 2016 at 01:04 AM.
    I know what you did last summer.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kaiba is my role model. Kiryu is that popular because Infernities are fucking awesome.
    Last edited by King; 2nd September 2016 at 01:37 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kaito scoring more than Jack or Yusei is pretty unexpected.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Never die View Post
    Did Shun ever achieve super saiyan 1,2 or 3?NO?There you go.Kaito was the Kaiba of Zexal,has been in 2 series in a row so he is fresh in popularity unlike say Edo who has been absent for 8 years.Whats more unsettling is the fact that they treat Atem and Yami Yugi as different characters......

Also how did kiryu and manjoume got that high i wonder since it has been a while since they appeared.
    do not get me started on how Super saiyan 2 and 3 were the most retarded thing I have seen in YGO. not to mention how that makes Yuma a better character....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by King View Post
    Kaiba is my role model. Kiryu is that popular because Infernities are fucking awesome.
    more like because of his debut Episode.
    for those that don't remember, it involves Ccapac apu basically traumatizing Yusei, and Awesome duel and lots of fucking manical laughter. and if YGO has taught me anything, its that characters with awesome laughs and rapefaces get popular quick

then Crashtown happened....but we ignore that
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zexal and Yuma are actually decently popular in Japan I believe. It even had better ratings than 5D's. They're odd, deal with it.
    Kaito was more interesting than Yusei and Jack overall (the badass dragons and Kaiba parallels likely helping). Until they decided to waste him in season 2.
    And why on earth would people treat them as the same? Yugi is specifically meant to be an average joe who matures, and Atem is the badass that everyone wants to be.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kaiba is like Vegeta from DBZ. The hard, tough guy that men can relate to more. Goku and Yugi are nicer, softer guys that win all the time and get all the glory and most of us want the limelight to be balanced between the two mains instead of all of it going to the main protagonist.

That's precisely why Reiji is so badass. He just feels like he's on a higher, superior level to Yuya and that's a refreshing change for once
    A Fallen Hero Is The Best Kind of Villain

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's technically not new - Kite was always superior to Yuma (admittedly that ain't hard and Declan is a more obvious superior)
    Sanokal