User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Crystrons from RATE!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been messing around with AG Crystron and it's decent, dunno about it becoming meta or anything, but these are certainly good cards. Rion for lvl3 tuner option and some recycling and Sulphafnir is a playmaker by himself.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrQ View Post
    I've been messing around with AG Crystron and it's decent, dunno about it becoming meta or anything, but these are certainly good cards. Rion for lvl3 tuner option and some recycling and Sulphafnir is a playmaker by himself.
    I think I'll tech 2 AG Engineer. With Sulphafnir and Geartown is basically instant CDI without using your Normal Summon.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will Crystrons get some Offenssive bullshit? They cannot do too much with half baked Synchros that can't turn the game at your side.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Destiny91 View Post
    I think I'll tech 2 AG Engineer. With Sulphafnir and Geartown is basically instant CDI without using your Normal Summon.
    You also need a random Crystron card in your hand to discard, but yeah, overnight Engineer became worth running in the deck.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice!
    Rion being able to use the banished Crystrons, mainly Thystvern and Smoger, for Synchro, and spin them back too? this is a bless! Hopefully, we get a level 6 Crystron Synchro that covers up for the spot, got tired of using that one Inzektor over and over.
    Sulphafnir is also good, for the sole fact that it can get you any Crystron you want from the deck with one discard, and I like how it doesn't have a banishing effect, because they know it's gonna be used constantly in the grave, and it can also fetch a Reactor Dragon by popping Geartown, again, without using your Normal Summon in case the obligatory Solemn Strike hits it.

I mean, it's nothing fancy but they sure kinda somewhat patch up some problem the deck had, those being running out of resources and swarm-ability, but not quite fix them yet as well.
    Also, now we have two new targets for Entry's effect (another Tuner for the first effect and another level for the graveyard one).

Now, if they could only get more offensive cards, and spell cards ffs, it would be even better.
    RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINN!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just want the deck to get better non-tuners and more swarm potential so Karakuri can work better. The Synchro "loop" (summon a Karakuri Synchro and a tuner and make another Karakuri Synchro and tuner, etc.) would be amazing.....if you could easily get 2-3 non-tuners out.

Scraps would also be the best tech option....if they didn't miss timing. Like Scrap+Crystron would be amazing with this level 5 if they didn't miss timing with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amethonys View Post
    I just want the deck to get better non-tuners and more swarm potential so Karakuri can work better. The Synchro "loop" (summon a Karakuri Synchro and a tuner and make another Karakuri Synchro and tuner, etc.) would be amazing.....if you could easily get 2-3 non-tuners out.
    They can do some Karakuri stuff although I haven't really looked into it much because I'm not that familiar with Karakuris.

Scraps would also be the best tech option....if they didn't miss timing. Like Scrap+Crystron would be amazing with this level 5 if they didn't miss timing with it.
    The reason Crystrons don't work with them is because Scraps need to be destroyed by the effect of a Scrap card (it's right there in their text), not because they miss timing (which they can't anyway because they have "If" optional effects).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The reason Crystrons don't work with them is because Scraps need to be destroyed by the effect of a Scrap card (it's right there in their text), not because they miss timing (which they can't anyway because they have "If" optional effects).
    I was mainly referring to Scrap Factory which does miss timing and doesn't require "destroyed by a scrap card". That being said IF IT DID WORK you could pop anything with the new level 5, use factory effect to summon golem, get a golem effect off for....anything, and then have infinity+a scrap monster all for little effort. However, the Crystron level 5 will cause Scrap Factory to miss timing (which is why it is a flawed card since Scrapstorm, or whatever the draw card is called, also makes Factory miss timing).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the Crystron level 5 will cause Scrap Factory to miss timing (which is why it is a flawed card since Scrapstorm, or whatever the draw card is called, also makes Factory miss timing).
    Umm...Both Scrapstorm and Sulphafnir don't miss timing, because destruction is literally the last thing they do.
    Missing the timing is when something happens between the destruction and the effect. Something that says for example "Destroy 1 card, and if you do, draw 1 card" will miss the timing if you destroy a Scrap monster, but since that's not the case, Factory can and will work.
    RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINN!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mediyu View Post
    Umm...Both Scrapstorm and Sulphafnir don't miss timing, because destruction is literally the last thing they do.
    Missing the timing is when something happens between the destruction and the effect. Something that says for example "Destroy 1 card, and if you do, draw 1 card" will miss the timing if you destroy a Scrap monster, but since that's not the case, Factory can and will work.
    If a card says "do A, and if you do, do B", A and B are considered to happen simultaneously so optional "when" effects don't miss timing (examples: any Crystron with Geartown, Metalfoes etc). You are right about Scrapstrom and Sulphafnir since literally the last thing they do is destroy like you said. However, if something says "destroy 1 card, then draw 1 card", that would cause optinal "when" effects to miss timing because the draw happens after the destruction.

Linking this YGOrg article since it's pretty in depth about that stuff: https://ygorganization.com/learnrulingspart5/
    Last edited by pyrQ; 2nd September 2016 at 11:23 PM.