User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ARC-V Episode 121 Discussion - The King, The Tamer, The Unawakened, The Beast

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ARC-V Episode 121 Discussion - The King, The Tamer, The Unawakened, The Beast

This episodes starts with a long recap, showing us what happened at the end of the last episode again: Yuya getting rekt, Gongenzaka being the man, and Jack Atlas. You only need to read "Jack Atlas" and you know what I mean. Even though the art of this episode is shit, Jack's smile and his ridiculously cool riding maneuvers make his entrance even more epic. The man replaces the other man, but one of the reason why he's even here is because, Frank, Tanner and Amanda asked him to take care of Crow. Yep, he's too late. Of course, Jack is pissed about his 5D's pal who is not actually his pal in this series, but BB doesn't care. Even though he tries to card Gongenzaka again, he's startled by Jack, sets one card and end his turn.

Nothing spoiler tag worthy happens this episode because nothing surprising happens.

First, Jack sets a Counter Trap and then Synchro Summons Red Daemon's Dragon Scarlight, using its ABSOLUTE POWER FLAME to destroy Gyzarus. BB tries to protect him with another Trap, but Jack uses his just set Counter Trap to negate it, inflicting 500 damage to BB plus BB losing 1000 Life Points by his other Continuous Trap that rekt Yuya and Gognenzaka all the time. And yes, Sanders and BB are surprised that Jack just activated a Trap Card he set in the same turn. And even though it's a Battle Royal, Yuya doesn't get any damage from ABSOLUTE POWER FLAME, which is how Jack defeated the five Security mooks in the first place. Also, Jack can't attack BB directly, sparing BB's life for the time being. Sanders is pissed that BB is relieved by that and he's so angry that he jumps out of his throne and joins the duel. Jack sets two cards, while BB's countered Continuous Trap Card allows him to set another Trap.

Sanders begins his first turn and draws like Gongenzaka and Kurosaki. He uses Test Fusion to fuse his two Test monsters to Fusion Summon a new Gladiator Beast, Tamer Editor. His Gladiator Beast Tamer summons BB's Andabatae from the Extra Deck. Sanders tries to destroy Scarlight to defeat Jack, but Jack protects his dragon with Red Armor. Then he tries to attack Yuya directly. Yuya who is spacing out because he's shaken by the Professor's unknown Keikaku, he dodges the attack and then grabs an Action Card to dodge the attack for real. Sanders is pissed that BB didn't stop Yuya from getting the Action Card.

Yuya and Yuto are still thinking about the Zero Revival plan. Yuya assumes that not only Yuya and Yuri are part of this plan, but that also Yuto and Yugo are as well. He also assumes that the Professor is aware of Yuto being in his heart, and he deducts that the Professor's plan is to fuse the four of them into one being. But before Yuya can think even deeper about the plot, Jack snaps him out of it and tells him to duel, you know, in his Jack Atlas style.

To fight for his fallen comrades, Yuya summons two Level 1 monsters to weaken BB's Andabatae and negate its effect. He attacks with Pararhino, but Andabatae is protected by BB's Medal, however, he takes double battle damage from that. BB then sets up his fortress to dominate the duel. BB is still shaken by Sanders pressure and decides to turn on him by destroying Editor and taking out Sanders's LP. Whether Sanders is still in the game or not will be revealed in the next episode.

Preview:
    Spoiler Alert!

-BB is trying to card Sanders.
    -Yuya tries to stop him, but seems to fail.
    -Gongenzaka and Sawatari are surprised.
    -Red Daemon's Dragon Tyrant obliterates the entire field of monsters, including Yuya's.
    -BB is going crazy.

This episode shows us Jack Atlas in his glory and establishes Sanders as both awesome and hateable. At least he's not using fucking dogs. Yuya is shown that he's not a complete idiot and that he's assuming about the plot mysteries we've already done before. But at least it's nice to see that even the characters are thinking about the same as us.

This episode also gives us better characterization for BB. He's easily scared and impressed by Jack and he suffers pressure from Sanders's education, which also handicaps him. Yuya is starting to feel for BB and he starts to understand that BB is not really himself. Also, it's nice to see Yuto again. In the next episode, Yuya is trying to change BB's heart. I think this is justified, since BB is a tykebomb and is emotionally abused. BB is messed up and he's not evil because he likes being evil, but because of Sanders. But unlike other sadistic characters, BB is heavily scarred by all the training he has gone through and you can feel it by observing his interactions with Sanders. But will BB turn into a good character or what will happen to him? He might be carded before actually joining the Lancers, which would also be dark and messed up. The problem is that we lost Crow and Tsukikage because of BB, so he might end up being carded by Sanders if Sanders is still around.
    Last edited by KingJinzo; 4th September 2016 at 06:14 PM.
    I FUCKING HATE DUB NAMES! I HATE DUB NAMES SO MUCH!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so with that fusion sanders used you can go into andabatae then his eff summons gyzarus so you fuse 2 monsters for 3 glad beast fusions, wonder if they'll release them that way
    you think you can beat me, I'm a giant frickin satellite bigger than the sun, your move

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingJinzo View Post
    Nothing spoiler tag worthy happens this episode because nothing surprising happens.
    I would say that the heavyheartedness of this episode, and the next one, too, based on the preview, is very surprising.

Also, none of Yuya's Monsters were destroyed, so he takes no damage.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 4th September 2016 at 01:43 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gladiator Beast Assault Fort is such a novel... But the GB Fusion Sanders played was amazing, better Slave Fusion is retooled into GB's personal Fusion card.
    Last edited by LolsterXD97; 4th September 2016 at 01:27 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LolsterXD97 View Post
    Gladiator Beast Assault Fort is such a novel... But the GB Fusion Sanders played was amazing, better Slave Fusion is retooled into not having to use Test Tiger and Ape.
    Those aren't the Fusion Materials of Tamer Editor anyways, so I actually doubt that we'll see Test Fusion printed.

And GB Assault Fort also reads the card effect of GB Fort as well, so it are basically 2 cards' effects on it.

Also I just realized, Yuya has very big feet compared to his counterparts..

You'll never be "Kurosaki Shun riding a backflipping Revolution Falcon then jumping on a driving motorcycle"-cool.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LolsterXD97 View Post
    Gladiator Beast Assault Fort is such a novel... But the GB Fusion Sanders played was amazing, better Slave Fusion is retooled into GB's personal Fusion card.
    Do you know what Test Fusion actually does, anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by yshipster View Post
    Those aren't the Fusion Materials of Tamer Editor anyways, so I actually doubt that we'll see Test Fusion printed.

And GB Assault Fort also reads the card effect of GB Fort as well, so it are basically 2 cards' effects on it.

Also I just realized, Yuya has very big feet compared to his counterparts..
    I'm feeling that they will. At this point, I think that Gladiator Beasts are gonna be in Fusion Enforcers, and this card'll be one of 'em, even if the effect is re-tooled.

Also, Yuya's shoes are pretty roomy, though of the times we see him not wearing them, his feet don't look any bigger than normal. Also, they say large feet when you're young are an indication of a person being tall when they grow to reach their full height; that's neither here nor there, however.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Test_Fusion

I'm curious as to how accurate this effect it, since he obviously didn't use the listed Materials on Tamer Editor to Summon him.

Registered User False_Revelation's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tbh...the duel is filler :I
    All I want is to make me into myself.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't get how BB could use Sanders's Tamer Editor's effect.
    I FUCKING HATE DUB NAMES! I HATE DUB NAMES SO MUCH!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingJinzo View Post
    I don't get how BB could use Sanders's Tamer Editor's effect.
    The card specified that anyone that controlled Gladiator Beasts could use the destruction effect.