User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [RATE] New Theme?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[RATE] New Theme?

An authorized Yu-Gi-Oh! Store called Pony Famy is claiming that they’ll be holding a Deck Experience Event on October 2nd. And the theme seems to be about the 12 Chinise Zodiac Creatures. Is not known about how far this can be true. My guess is a deck that can Mix with Fire Fists.
    Last edited by King; 4th September 2016 at 09:09 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm surprised this archetype hasn't been done already. Sounds interesting if trye and YGO's had its share of mythology based archetypes so this sounds reasonable.

Also, we get two new archetypes with each pack these days so, *shrug*.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A hangup I have for this is that we know so little, combined with Cardfight Vanguard releasing a similar theme shortly beforehand. This could be a Yu-Gi-Oh event for a new archetype, or it could be a Vanguard event for the Zodiac Time Beasts.
    Current decks: Salamangreats, Knightmare Cyberse, and Odd-Eyes Performapals
    Originator of the Tulpa Summon, and the homebrewed cards you use with it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, there will be at least 12 members, huh? Maybe we get the 13th "member", the outcast: the cat.
    I FUCKING HATE DUB NAMES! I HATE DUB NAMES SO MUCH!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silence View Post
    I'm surprised this archetype hasn't been done already. Sounds interesting if trye and YGO's had its share of mythology based archetypes so this sounds reasonable.

Also, we get two new archetypes with each pack these days so, *shrug*.
    I thought the Fire Fist have covered the Chinese Zodiacs already.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by melcarba View Post
    I thought the Fire Fist have covered the Chinese Zodiacs already.
    Nah, that was The Water Margin
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is nothing to be impressed, Konami already reclicled themes, like Prophecy and Arcana Force.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingJinzo View Post
    So, there will be at least 12 members, huh? Maybe we get the 13th "member", the outcast: the cat.
    Doesn't Tiger count as a cat?

This reminds me of the theory of how every Fire type starter Pokemon corresponds to an animal of the Chinese zodiac.

Quote Originally Posted by King View Post
    This is nothing to be impressed, Konami already reclicled themes, like Prophecy and Arcana Force.
    *recycled

We never even got to finish Arcana Force! We didn't even get all of the Arcana Force monsters the anime used.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    Doesn't Tiger count as a cat?
    ...You've never read Fruits Basket, huh?

The 13 animals were invited by God for a dinner. The sly rat told the cat that the dinner will be held the next day. The rat rode on the ox's back and entered the dinner first, followed by said ox, the tiger, the rabbit, the dragon, the snake, the horse, the goat, the monkey, the rooster, the dog and finally the boar, while the cat was sleeping the whole day and was dreaming about the "upcoming dinner". Which is the reason why the cat is outcast by the other etos.
    I FUCKING HATE DUB NAMES! I HATE DUB NAMES SO MUCH!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    We never even got to finish Arcana Force! We didn't even get all of the Arcana Force monsters the anime used.
    Even better, the anime didn't finish it either. No Hermit, no Justice (because their version is one with Justice as XI -- Tarot is weird, Justice and Strength switch around depending on which set you're looking at), no Tower, no Star, no Sun, and no Judgment.

Even if it did so partly through Spellbooks and partly through its monster line, Prophecy at least managed to get the Major Arcana completed.

On that note, though, if this IS going to end up being based on the Chinese Zodiac, it's gonna go one of a few ways.
    Spoiler Alert!
    1) They pull a Qli and get everybody in the monster lineup, even if it takes multiple packs. Good luck fitting them all in your deck, though.
    2) They pull an Arcana Force and conveniently forget some, just so that they keep with the convenient pack size.
    3) They pull a UFOroid Fighter and do a twofer, with two animals per card (e.g., they could rig that rat-and-ox bit as one card).
    4) They pull a Prophecy, and make part of the gang Spell/Traps and part of the gang monsters. Alas, unless they say 'screw pack composition' a second time (hi Infernoid) I'm tempted to say this would still leave the zodiac down a couple heads unless they do a bit of UFOroid-ing.

My expectations are with 2, and my hopes are with anything but 2. I was the happiest guy in the world when they did the other sons of the dragon (even if the localization of Fuxi and Qiuniu is shiiiiit), and I'm sure someone'll be happy to see them do the full Chinese zodiac.
    #222937 for invisitext in the Org's dark. Try it out!