User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 25 of 25

Thread: [OCG] Apprentice Illusion Magician

  1. #21
    Registered User LolsterXD97's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,797
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconator View Post
    It's not regular Marik?
    That depends, did regular!Marik have boobs?

  2. #22
    Registered User Dread Kaiser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Terminia
    Posts
    3,614
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LolsterXD97 View Post
    That depends, did regular!Marik have boobs?
    that also depends
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

  3. #23
    Registered User Baroque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    766
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    Why wouldn't they make it support "Dark Magician" monsters (the archetype)?
    There's no reason for them not to make it support "Dark Magician", but it would have been beautiful if they'd actually made her a "Magician Girl" in one way, shape, or form, if for no other reason than for Kiwi's sake (and to further tie DM and the Magician Girls together).
    Quote Originally Posted by buttercookies View Post
    i wish it too, but i dont think it will, considering its effect is more dark magician than magician girl
    That didn't stop the existing Magician Girls; between Lemon, Choco, and Kiwi (think Eternal Soul), Magician Girls are meant to be usable with Dark Magician.
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltanis The Adjudicator View Post
    I was praying for this card to be the answer to DMG's problems, i.e. that they all have "when this card is attacked" effects but never any real reason why your opponent would attack them in the first place!
    That's not a problem they have. Their 'when this card is attacked' effect is mostly for making it so your opponent doesn't want to attack them. Magician Girls on their own don't really have a 'problem' as far as I'm aware, other than perhaps that if you don't have the setup for their effects done their ATK can prove lackluster -- something this could have solved, yes, but with Kiwi already existing it hasn't much reason to. It covers something Kiwi doesn't, in this case (the ATK boost can be tacked onto DM, which Kiwi doesn't boost as far as I recall).

    The thing about Apprentice Illusion Magician is that it's an excellent card, there's no denying that (and no reason TO deny that), but it still chafes to see a Dark Magician Girl retrain not be made a "Magician Girl" proper after they took such great pains to try to make "Magician Girl" an archetype.
    Last edited by Baroque; 8th September 2016 at 10:12 PM.
    #222937 for invisitext in the Org's dark. Try it out!

  4. #24
    Registered User Voltanis The Adjudicator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Sanctuary In The Sky
    Posts
    496
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Baroque
    All of your argument hinges on the incorrect implication that I want to merge DM and DMG into a single deck. I don't. For one thing, DM has tons of quality support already and adding anything more would just make the deck a clusterfuck of a mess. I really just wanted a pure DMG deck (admittedly without DMG, though...) which this does nothing to help. Maybe it's because I always go for Pendulum-DM, but I don't think this card is even that good. Pendulums make its first effect useless, its second effect is almost always useless anyways (between Magician's Rod, Dark Magic Succession, Illusion Magic, Dark Magical Circle and Ebon Illusion Magician, the chances of having a DM left in the deck after a couple of turns is pretty low) and its third effect is pretty good, but not worth it in an already crowded deck.
    Tip: I am still so fucking mad.

  5. #25
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    21
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baroque View Post
    There's no reason for them not to make it support "Dark Magician", but it would have been beautiful if they'd actually made her a "Magician Girl" in one way, shape, or form, if for no other reason than for Kiwi's sake (and to further tie DM and the Magician Girls together).

    That didn't stop the existing Magician Girls; between Lemon, Choco, and Kiwi (think Eternal Soul), Magician Girls are meant to be usable with Dark Magician.

    That's not a problem they have. Their 'when this card is attacked' effect is mostly for making it so your opponent doesn't want to attack them. Magician Girls on their own don't really have a 'problem' as far as I'm aware, other than perhaps that if you don't have the setup for their effects done their ATK can prove lackluster -- something this could have solved, yes, but with Kiwi already existing it hasn't much reason to. It covers something Kiwi doesn't, in this case (the ATK boost can be tacked onto DM, which Kiwi doesn't boost as far as I recall).

    The thing about Apprentice Illusion Magician is that it's an excellent card, there's no denying that (and no reason TO deny that), but it still chafes to see a Dark Magician Girl retrain not be made a "Magician Girl" proper after they took such great pains to try to make "Magician Girl" an archetype.
    i think magician girls are not meant to be just dark magician support, i think its more like generic spellcaster support
    with that said it means magician girls are not meant to be played on its own
    and for them to be a solid archtype by themselves they would need a specific set of spell and trap card, a specific field spell, and extra deck card or boss card(instead of being bossed by dark magician)
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltanis The Adjudicator View Post
    @Baroque
    All of your argument hinges on the incorrect implication that I want to merge DM and DMG into a single deck. I don't. For one thing, DM has tons of quality support already and adding anything more would just make the deck a clusterfuck of a mess. I really just wanted a pure DMG deck (admittedly without DMG, though...) which this does nothing to help. Maybe it's because I always go for Pendulum-DM, but I don't think this card is even that good. Pendulums make its first effect useless, its second effect is almost always useless anyways (between Magician's Rod, Dark Magic Succession, Illusion Magic, Dark Magical Circle and Ebon Illusion Magician, the chances of having a DM left in the deck after a couple of turns is pretty low) and its third effect is pretty good, but not worth it in an already crowded deck.
    Tip: I am still so fucking mad.
    dont mix up magician girl with dark magician girl, magician girl is an archtype while dark magician girl is a card
    there are many people posting their "dark magician girl deck" but sadly it contains no dark magician girl
    there are "shadoll dark magician girl deck" but its just shadoll with 5 new magician girl, well yeah shadoll is dark, but that's not what i mean
    come on konami, if you can make solid support card that make old school card become competitive or even becoming meta like dark magician, buster blader, or blue eyes, why can't you make support for dark magician girl and make her more usable? there are many dark magician girl counterpart like magicians valkyria and gagaga girl, but they barely support each other
    this world of yugioh is indeed cruel

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •