Thread: Ra Sphere Mode Vs. Blue-Eyes Chaos MAX Dragon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Answered: Ra Sphere Mode Vs. Blue-Eyes Chaos MAX Dragon

[The Winged Dragon of Ra - Sphere Mode]
    ---
    Cannot be Special Summoned. Requires 3 Tributes from either side of the field to Normal Summon to that side of the field (cannot be Normal Set), then shift control to this card's owner during the End Phase of the next turn. Cannot attack. Your opponent cannot target this card for attacks or by card effects. You can Tribute this card; Special Summon 1 "The Winged Dragon of Ra" from your hand or Deck, ignoring its Summoning conditions, and if you do, its ATK and DEF become 4000.
    [Blue-Eyes Chaos MAX Dragon]
    ---
    You can Ritual Summon this card with "Chaos Form". Must be Ritual Summoned, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. Cannot be targeted, or destroyed by, your opponent's card effects. If this card attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict double piercing battle damage to your opponent.
    My question is this; Would I have been able to sacrifice a Chaos MAX Dragon for Ra's Sphere Mode?

In a duel against a friend, I used the Winged Dragon of Ra - Sphere Mode to sacrifice 2 Chaos MAX Dragons and a third monster of his as I would've lost if I hadn't. (I think it was either Beast King Barbaros or Darklord Desire) But according to him after the duel, Chaos MAX Dragon shouldn't have been affected because he couldn't be targeted by card effects.

(My apologies if my explanation of why i'm asking is against the rules, I just thought it might help with things)

2. "Your friend is wrong, you can sacrifice them
    "This card cannot be tributed" is LITERALLY the only way to defend against sphere mode, it does not target, and it isn't even an effect, but a summoning procedure, so even cards with complete immunity can't do anything about it.

BTW, any card with PSCT (anything printed after Photon Shockwave, at the start of ZexaL) will make it clear if it targets. if the word "Target" is in its text, it targets. if it isn't, it doesn't target.
    Same idea with "Destroy""

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your friend is wrong, you can sacrifice them
    "This card cannot be tributed" is LITERALLY the only way to defend against sphere mode, it does not target, and it isn't even an effect, but a summoning procedure, so even cards with complete immunity can't do anything about it.

BTW, any card with PSCT (anything printed after Photon Shockwave, at the start of ZexaL) will make it clear if it targets. if the word "Target" is in its text, it targets. if it isn't, it doesn't target.
    Same idea with "Destroy"
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you very much for the answer Dread Kaiser. That really helps.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah, stuff like lava golem, kaijus and sphere mode go around ALMOST everything. to add on, even if the card is 'unaffected by card effects' like Ultimate Falcon, it's still not a card effect.

just wanted to say that was real skilly of you. what you did sounds incredible.