User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ARC-V Episode 122 Discussion - Splatoon

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ARC-V Episode 122 Discussion - Splatoon

Apparently, there is running gag of stairs trolling Kurosaki. He fell down some stairs, it took ages for him to run up some stairs, and now he's fainting after going down some stairs. I know, he's not in top condition, but it's funny how stairs hate this guy.

How does the cliffhanger from last episode resolve? Sanders loses. Demonstrating who is stronger, BB tries to card him, but Yuya tries to stop him. He apparently hits the mark that BB doesn't want to fight and he start comparing his goggles with BB's... fortress? It sounds ridiculous, but his point is that both of them see the world differently with their goggles/fortress. BB isn't fighting because he's a soldier, but because he's protecting himself from everyone who he seems as an enemy, including Academia soldiers. The students don't mind Sanders being carded, since only the strong ones survives, and everyone who loses deserves to be carded. They want Sanders to "die" in Glory on the Academia, and even Sanders accepts his fate. However, he still orders BB to capture Yuya, because there is no other path for him. BB goes crazy and tries to defeat Yuya with burn damage, but Yuya avoids the first attack with an Action Card, while the second one is prevented by Jack's Trap Card that also sets up his strategy. And BB is scared of the fact that Jack uses a Trap at all.

So yeah, you can see the comparison of the goggles and the fortress. Yuya and BB are hiding themselves with their goggles/fortress.

The Academia students are still demanding that BB should card Sanders, but of course, the pacifistic devil clown doesn't want to accept this, but the Crimson Devil duelst knows that it's pointless unless you show them your message through dueling. Jack starts his turn by summoning Double Resonator that turns his Token into a Tuner Monster. And then with the apparent power of the Crimson Dragon, Jack Double Tunes his Red Daemon's Dragon Scarlight into Red Daemon's Dragon Tyrant. With ABUSORYUTO PAWAA INFERUNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, Jack's nukes the entire field, but BB replaces his wood fortress with a stone fortress.

Spoiler Alert!

The Great Fortress negates the effects of all monsters; Jack attacks BB directly, but BB Special Summons Andabatae from his fortress which gains 3000 ATK and Tyrant has to battle him, plus, if Tyrant would be destroyed, BB would also inflict 500 burn damage to Jack, which would defeat Jack. But Jack pulls a Crow and activates a Red Armor from his Graveyard to protect Tyrant. Tyrant makes a badass arm-fold and Jack ends his turn.

Yuya now starts his Entertainment Dueling, activating a Spell Card that can only be activated if his field has no monsters; Entermate Pendulum - Art and Clean, allowing to Special Summon his four Level 1 Entermates from his Extra Deck who can all attack directly while Yuya cannot Special Summon for the rest of his turn. He then Normal Summons Undercover Hippo and attacks BB directly. BB summons Andabatae, but Yuya negates the destruction and battle damage with a Quick-Spell Card, Entermate Guard Dance. Yuya attacks with Shieldrummer directly, and BB summons Gyzarus, but the Quick-Spell Card's effect is still active. Then Yuya attacks with Odd-Eyes Unicorn directly, with BB summoning Laquari. And then Yuya attacks with Doraneko directly, and BB summons Augustol. Then Yuya tries to finish of BB for real with Pararhino, and despite BB has no monster left inside his Great Fortress, because he is attacked directly, he can Special Summon Gladiator Beast Noxius from his hand to protect him. However, the fun has just started. BB realizes that his and Yuya's monsters are playing Splatoon against each other. With Yuya's double Spell combo, he returns Undercover Hippo to his deck, while all monsters on the field are destroyed. With Great Fortress inflicting 500 damage for each card that is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard, he takes 2500 damage, while Yuya takes 0 damages, since Pendulum Monsters go back to the Extra Deck. Yes, Yuya wins.

BB is regretting for all the people he has carded, and while Yuya is still sad about Crow and Tsukikage's lost, he believes that he's going to uncard them someday. The Academia students are also convinced by the Entertainment Dueling. Only Sanders is not convinced by that and he's still loyal to the Professor.

Meanwhile Ruri is trying to get help from Kaito while she leaves her Nii-san behind. The Doctor and Serena observe the events of this episode, and Reiji, Reira and Sora meet up with Yusho and Asuka. And then Yuri arrives to interupt their reunion.

Preview:
    Spoiler Alert!

-Yuri meets Yusho, Reiji, Asuka, Reira and Sora.
    -Asuka bodychecks Yuri. What?! Lol.
    -Looks like Sora is trying to help Asuka. Grids are seperating him from Yusho, Reiji and Reira, as well as from Asuka. He's trapped. Due to that, he's not allowed to enter the duel.
    -Yuri vs Asuka.
    -Yuri summons Ultimate Ancient Gear Golem.

So did they just leave
    Spoiler Alert!
    BB
    behind or something?
    Last edited by KingJinzo; 11th September 2016 at 10:11 PM.
    I FUCKING HATE DUB NAMES! I HATE DUB NAMES SO MUCH!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, why did waste 4 effing episodes on Harambe again? Next episode would be Ancient Gear shilling... and we'll only get to the important part in 3 weeks. Jesus Christ.
    Last edited by melcarba; 11th September 2016 at 12:55 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and there goes another character ruined to the power of the egao cult
    you think you can beat me, I'm a giant frickin satellite bigger than the sun, your move

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spoiler Alert!
    Can't wait for yuri to card alexis or will she be saved by sora. Also this confirms that the greatest threat to the world is yuya and his egao virus which is really infectious.
    Vector = best character in zexal
    Yuuri is better though and the best character in arc v.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really don't get what's the problem with BB getting the egao treatment. They way his character was constructed made it quite clear that was the only option for him and that was executed wonderfully well. Much better than, say, Grace's random fangirling or Edo's mad denial. If it was Sanders being egao'd, that would indeed be weird, but BB might as well be the best handled egao conversion so far.

I guess people would prefer him being a "lol evil" savage beast just because instead of being a terrified war-scarred human, but I think that would be awful. I believe you need Vector or Joeri levels of charisma to pull off being sadistic for the sake of being sadistic.
    IRL Decks: Pure Artifact, Lyrilusc (work in progress) and futurely Time Thief
    Online: Trap Monster, Trickstar, Eyes Restrict
    Pre-Link Format: DDD, Heraldic Beast, Chronomaly

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know it has much to do with the size of his boots and the rolerblades, but ...

Spoiler Alert!

... they could have at least tried to make his feet not twice as big as his head. It's my personal opinion, but it looks very ridiculous.

(And sorry for the bad quality, but there aren't any good raws of this episode so far)

Also, obvious egao trash which no one actually likes, but which is mandatory for Arc V's "Dueling is for Smiles, this is a kids show" theme. Sad, since the first two seasons of Arc V were better than expected, and Yuya vs Jack showed how Yuyas ideals can be presented in a cool way. I don't get it why they don't even try anymore in season 3.

You'll never be "Kurosaki Shun riding a backflipping Revolution Falcon then jumping on a driving motorcycle"-cool.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I really don't get what's the problem with BB getting the egao treatment. They way his character was constructed made it quite clear that was the only option for him and that was executed wonderfully well. Much better than, say, Grace's random fangirling or Edo's mad denial. If it was Sanders being egao'd, that would indeed be weird, but BB might as well be the best handled egao conversion so far.

I guess people would prefer him being a "lol evil" savage beast just because instead of being a terrified war-scarred human, but I think that would be awful. I believe you need Vector or Joeri levels of charisma to pull off being sadistic for the sake of being sadistic.
    I agree with you. This episode showed how human the Battle Beast actually is. He's not a savage beast because he's born like that, he uses the beast as a facade to cover his fear of "death" ("being carded"). He didn't have any loyalty to Academia and he didn't want to become a soldier. He's scared of the warzone. So becoming uncontrollable would ensure that wouldn't get sent to other dimensions. Strength equals life, that's what he has learned by Sanders. And since BB is part of Academia, the Lancers would see him as an enemy regardless, so BB has no choice but to defend himself from the Lancers as well. Carding Sanders would not help BB from escaping the situation he's in, which he realized during the duel. Yuya was the first duelist he ever encountered who wasn't hostile to him, and he saw that Duel Monsters can be used as something different than war tools. Yuya "told" him that there is no need to hide himself and that dueling can give you other emotions than fear.

Also, the egao things seems not to work well with adults. Noro was forced to join with Edo and the Tyler Sisters, and Sanders is obviously still loyal to Academia. It's pretty clear that teenagers are the easiest ones to manipulate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingJinzo View Post
    I agree with you. This episode showed how human the Battle Beast actually is. He's not a savage beast because he's born like that, he uses the beast as a facade to cover his fear of "death" ("being carded"). He didn't have any loyalty to Academia and he didn't want to become a soldier. He's scared of the warzone. So becoming uncontrollable would ensure that wouldn't get sent to other dimensions. Strength equals life, that's what he has learned by Sanders. And since BB is part of Academia, the Lancers would see him as an enemy regardless, so BB has no choice but to defend himself from the Lancers as well. Carding Sanders would not help BB from escaping the situation he's in, which he realized during the duel. Yuya was the first duelist he ever encountered who wasn't hostile to him, and he saw that Duel Monsters can be used as something different than war tools. Yuya "told" him that there is no need to hide himself and that dueling can give you other emotions than fear.

Also, the egao things seems not to work well with adults. Noro was forced to join with Edo and the Tyler Sisters, and Sanders is obviously still loyal to Academia. It's pretty clear that teenagers are the easiest ones to manipulate.
    The problem is that we get nothing more than BB being afraid of Sanders's whip and a couple stills-as-flashbacks. It's clear they don't give fuck all about his characterization, he's just a throwaway character being used to kill off some of the cast for drama and reinforce egao. Moreover, BB was shown to have actively ENJOYED carding people so even if he disliked the coercion, he had no qualms about what he was doing. He hated being a soldier, but certainly not killing people. The turnaround is cheap, especially since he got some twenty odd other kids to follow suit.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iNfiniTe Se7eNz View Post
    Moreover, BB was shown to have actively ENJOYED carding people so even if he disliked the coercion, he had no qualms about what he was doing. He hated being a soldier, but certainly not killing people. The turnaround is cheap, especially since he got some twenty odd other kids to follow suit.
    One could interpret it as an "I'm glad to have to deal with one enemy less" thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice and flashy episode... but what bothers me is that they sacrificed four or five episodes that could've been plot progression just so they could build-up another one-turn egao victory for Yuya...
    Try reading manga raw. You will see it is special more than manga book.
    Go there and feel jpmangaraw.com