User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ARC-V Episode 123 - Buy Ancient Gears! Buy Machine Dragon Re-Volt!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ARC-V Episode 123 - Buy Ancient Gears! Buy Machine Dragon Re-Volt!

The recap pretty much nails a death flag for Asuka. The episode actually starts with Asuka bodychecking Yuri (how did he get caught off-guard by a charging woman who wasn't even running that fast?) after Yusho mistakes Yuri as his son (yes, you haven't seen him for three years, but I don't think that Yuya would ever change his hair and eyebrows to something that extreme). Asuka orders Sora to activate a hidden trap that pulls grid out of the ceiling. But because Reira trips, Sora pushes him towards Reiji and Yusho, while Sora finds himself trap inside the grid he just pulled out. Truly ironic. And for some reason, Asuka doesn't try to nail Yuri on the floor and she steps back, even though Yuri hasn't done anything yet. Yuri is aware of Asuka's backstory. Well, it's not hard to ignore the existence of an honor student, which is obviously a nod to her being an honor student in GX.

Reiji, Yusho and Reira are heading off to their destination, while Asuka is trying to slow Yuri down. He pulls out the Honor Student deck, a deck that would have been given to Asuka if she was still in Academia. Asuka obviously doens't like to made being fun of and she wants to defeat him with his own deck. A troll as he is, he uses the Honor Student deck, which is obviously an Ancient Gear deck. The Machine Dragon Re-Volt Structure Deck to be clear.

Ladies first, which is more or less a bad thing, since the lady cannot draw during her Draw Phase: Asuka starts the duel by Ritual Summoning the Level 5 Cyber Angel - Nasateiya in Defense Position, and her tributed Tutubon recycles her Ritual Spell Card, allowing her to Ritual Summon a second Nasateiya. Like Ice Bell, the two Nasateiya are colored differently for some reason. Both give Asuka 2x500 Life Points. Like two Marauding Captains, Yuri is unable to attack any Cyber monster with two Nasateiyas protecting everyone and each other, except that their effects aren't Continuous, but Ignition effects. Yuri or Vector 2.0 begins his first turn and he has to read the effects of his cards first before making a play, since he has never played with them and doesn't know all of them, asking Asuka to wait for a second. And he discovers playfully how he is able to Special Summon two monsters with two Spell Cards, which one of them he has to destroy by himself, summoning Gadget and Wyvern, the latter searching for Reactor Dragon. He immediately Tributes Summon Reactor Dragon, who has no problem of taking down a Nasateiya, inflicting Piercing Damage as well. And thanks to the tributed Gadget, Reactor Dragon can attack a second time, leaving Asuka's field wide open and with 1000 LP left. Yuri behaves like a child, which makes me think of him that he's even more of an evil version of Yuya and Yugo than I thought (and Yuto, since Yuutousei/Honor Student can be seen as a pun to his name). Speaking of Yugo and Yuya, they are both looking for their gals.

Of course, Asuka being Asuka, she fights back.
    Spoiler Alert!

She banishes one of her dead Nasateiyas to revive the other one, using her effect to take control of Reactor Dragon. With Nasateiya's effect, she gains Life Points equal to half of Reactor Dragon's ATK and tries to win the duel with Reactor Dragon attacking twice. Yuri still being a troll, he pretends to be shocked the take over, but Yuri uses a Trap Card to Special Summon Ancient Gear Golem by ignoring its Summoning Condition, but in Defense Position and with its DEF halved, but the Trap Card will protect it from destruction, leaving Yuri with 1000 Life Points. Asuka, who pretty much says "Fuck you, Fusion", she uses Fusion Destruction; by discarding a Polymerization from her hand, Yuri has to banish three of his Polymerization or Fusion (not Fusion Monsters) cards and takes 300 damage for each card, having only 100 LP left.

Asuka tries to use Talk no Jutsu on Yuri, the latter telling her his backstory, of how he was alone because he didn't knew his family (so Sanders-Yuri-relation jossed?) and he beat every duelist. But his life changed when the Professor approached him (and Serena was there; did she simply forget him?) and he was allowed to card people and had pretty much fun with that. But thanks to Asuka, Yuri is feeling sorry for everything he has done, and the Professor has to watch how his best man is now turning to the good si- "IT'S ME, VECTOR!" Yuri trolls her yet again and he clearly tells everyone how much fun carding people is, and what surprises me/us more is that the Professor is visibly shocked by Yuri's character. Like Yami Marik, he is completely fine if he's the only one left in the world, and his eyes turn hellish again.

The duel continues. He revives Wyvern to search for Box, which he discards as a cost to activate the one and very legendary card that was created by the cost of many people and monsters' lives in GX. Yes, Super Polymerization. Furthermore, Yuri never used a completely pure Honor Student deck; as if he would follow that recipe. Super Polymerization is his own card, which he put in. Thanks to Super Polymerization's effect, it doesn't allow Fusion Destruction to be activated, allowing Yuri to Fusion Summon without any problems. He fuses Ancient Gear Golem, Ancient Gear Wyvern with the opposing Ancient Gear Reactor Dragon to Fusion Summon Ancient Gear Golem Ultimate Golem. He attacks Nasateiya and wins, although the animators made a mistake with Asuka's Life Points. She should have 2500 LP, not 1000 LP, although the result is the same, anyway.

Is it because Yuri is already evil to begin or why does he awaken for no reason other than showing of how evil the devil is inside him? Man, if the Awakened Yuri has this creepy devil aura, what will happen with Yuya in the next two to three episodes? He cards Asuka mercilessly, and the Professor is shocked to see what is going on around Yuri. Also, the troll could have deactivated the grids anytime he wanted with his Duel Disk, but where is the fun? And now, Sora is next!

Meanwhile, the dude who is guiding Yuya (and apparently only Yuya) tells him that where Yuzu is. Or what he thinks. This guy is evil. Which means: every single student who turned good never turned good for real and they are simply trolling the heroes! Maybe except BB. So yeah, people who thought the egao cult was growing last episode, you stand corrected. What bastards the Academia guys are!

The sad thing is that he won't be able to see new Ritual Summonings for a while. RIP, Asuka. RIP, big boobs.

But it's nice to see that Super Polymerization has a different animation. But how did Yuri get this card? Is Haou the devil or something?

Yeah, Yuri is never going to be a Yuutousei. But we finally get to see more of his evil character. But this episode makes the Professor look even more morally ambiguous. He actually appears to be a bit decent, or at least not completely insane. He is definitively not the most evil person, and he is their boss! And Daisuke Namikawa and Yui Ishikawa only appeared to make a few noises. I hope they got payed well.

Yuri is really a troll. Basically combine Yami Marik with Vector and put Yuya's face on them and then you have Yuri. And yeah, don't forget some Haou influences. It's not Yuri without the Haou references.

Also, the lessons of this episodes: Buy the Structure Deck, but
    Spoiler Alert!
    put your own cards in it to make it even better. And don't trust people who apparently turned good. Er, why did Edo and the Tyler Sisters happen again? Can you trust them?! Edo for sure, because he's the type of guy who is the easiest to turn good, but the Tylers? What if they are rampaging while the heroes are away; the sisters are still in the refugee camps. This episode makes you feel paranoid.
    But yeah, Yuri really showed the viewers how people use freshly bought Structure Decks. I hope you have learned your lessons, kids. Kids love evil guys.

Preview:
    Spoiler Alert!

-Yuya/Yuto meets Ruri.
    -Brainwashed Ruri challenges them to a duel to card them. Wait, why didn't Rin card Yugo?
    -Yuya sets three cards. When was the last time he set at least two cards?
    -Brainwashed Ruri being evil.
    -Flashbacks of YutoXRuri. Yes, it's finally going to be a thing.
    -Assembly Nightingale looks happy.

Last edited by KingJinzo; 18th September 2016 at 11:45 AM.
    I FUCKING HATE DUB NAMES! I HATE DUB NAMES SO MUCH!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    God I loved this episode. God I love Yuri's character.

But the implications behind the creepy aura behind him when
    Spoiler Alert!
    he turns Asuka into a card
    can only means one thing:

Spoiler Alert!
    YURI IS THE DEMON DUELIST AND WILL BE THE FINAL BOSS OF ARC-V

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indytotof View Post
    Spoiler Alert!
    YURI IS THE DEMON DUELIST AND WILL BE THE FINAL BOSS OF ARC-V
    Spoiler Alert!
    I think all four of them are the Devil Duelist.
    I FUCKING HATE DUB NAMES! I HATE DUB NAMES SO MUCH!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spoiler Alert!
    Motherfucking Yuri was the best part of the episode. And they did the AG shilling with style by having Yuri actually read the cards (OMG!). Although dat Wyvern misplay... And Super Poly is back! Better he uses it to Summon Starve Venom soon or latter.

Too bad Asuka didn't even have epic last words or go out with a smile like Crow, but her last cards were good.

Leo showing emotion is serious buisness.

Ruri's evil smile in the preview really impressed me (and way better than all of her previous ones in 119).

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spoiler Alert!
    yuri pretended to be a noob and misplay just so that he could troll asuka which was fun as hell to watch. Also forgot that it is kinda easy to trigger both of reactor dragon's effects with catapult and fortress/geatown since they can summon gadget and wyvern then wyvern searches reactor dragon without using your normal summon. Kinda makes me hyped to play AGs on devpro but i also want to try out six sams with triple gateway or qliphorts with triple scout or spirits with the new ritual or remake fluffals with kraken
    Vector = best character in zexal
    Yuuri is better though and the best character in arc v.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Although I don't get why we're using spoiler tags in a thread which contains 100% spoiler content...

Spoiler Alert!
    Yuri reading the AG cards before playing them was indeed hillarious. And although his trolling isn't on the same level as Vector's (yet), I guess I love Yuri already more than Vector, just because he provokes his opponents by don't taking them seriously (for a reason).

His plays were also pretty nice, though kinda predictable, since we knew his cards way earlier than he did. Except for AG Gadget mimicing Red Gadget. That was weird.

Super Polymerizations effects looked pretty nice, though the Fusion Summon itself had very bad animations and drawings. I guess the animators gave it all during the first half of the episode...

Asukas new monsters and her new Ritual Spell are pretty good, however, I didn't even realize the Ritual card was new until I saw the article, since the artwork is almost the same as Machine Angel Ritual's (it basically shows the girl from the other side, and Petit Cyber Angel is in the background, but thats the only difference) I hope we get that level 5 Cyber girl, 'cause it ain't bad for some decks.

And that Anti-Fusion Spell kinda confirms that she used her Cyber Fusions at some point in the anime, that's why she has Polymerization. Rituals as an alternative to the only other available, but hated summoning method in a dimension is a pretty interesting idea. And I guess that Ritual summoning is the only summoning method native to all 4 dimensions.

For the preview: I'm not a fan that Yuya goes berserk against the girls, even if they are evil. He'll definitely restrain himself, since he wants to save them, so they won't be harmed at all. Setting 3 cards however could mean, that YUya actually plays Phantom Knights, maybe because Yuto wants to be the one who saves Ruri. So basically the same as when he summoned Dark Requiem Xyz Dragon, just that Yuya is Ok with it (until they go berserk ofc).

You'll never be "Kurosaki Shun riding a backflipping Revolution Falcon then jumping on a driving motorcycle"-cool.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spoiler Alert!
    Asuka fucking did nothning to the show

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yuri surely is messed up, his dream is:
    Spoiler Alert!
    Turn everyone into cards until he is the last one standing, because that would indicate he is the strongest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King View Post
    Spoiler Alert!
    Asuka fucking did nothning to the show
    Spoiler Alert!
    Yeah the gx returning characters were very lackluster,if only they brought back someone more capable....#bringbackryo #makefusiongreatagain
    I know what you did last summer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While I did enjoy Yuri trolling, I cringed somewhat when he started exclaiming what he could do with the deck as he read their effects. Probably the most blatant advertising in the show we've ever had.