User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More RATE Cards

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More RATE Cards

(Not sure if I'm allowed to do this. If not, go ahead and delete this thread.)

Yes, it's straight from the YGOrg's website. The YGOrg messenger bot is still down, that's why I posted this.

Courtesy of Vjump's Youtube Channel.

RATE-JP030
    Kawanokami
    WATER/LV4/Aqua/Spirit/Effect/1800/600
    Cannot be Special Summoned.
    1. If this card is Normal Summoned or flipped face-up: You can target 1 face-up monster on the field; Treat that monster as a Spirit monster, and it is returned to the hand during the End Phase.
    2. Once per turn, during the End Phase, if this card was Normal Summoned or flipped face-up this turn: Return it to the hand.

***No image yet***

RATE-JP037
    Esprit Lord – Himekujaku
    WIND/LV8/(?)/Ritual/Effect/(?)/(?)
    (Effects currently unknown, if anybody can actually transcribe that blurry mess, please tell us.)

RATE-JP078
    影のデッキ破壊ウイルス(Literally translates to “Deck Destruction Virus of Shadows”, yes, it’s a virus trap)
    Normal Trap
    1. Tribute 1 Dark Monster with 2000 or more DEF; check your opponent’s hand, all monsters they control, and all cards they draw until the end of their 3rd turn after this card’s activation, and destroy all those monsters with 1500 or less DEF.

Note: If you want to use a TCG version for this card’s name, let’s go for the moment with, “Shadow Spread Virus”.
    Last edited by Yuuri; 20th September 2016 at 04:37 PM.
    Currently using: Predator Plant, Pendulum Magician, Zarc Magician, Red-Eyes Interested in: Magibullet, Altergiest, Vullet(?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I...need...to...know...the...effect...of...Esprit Lord - Himekujaku...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kawanokami is definitively going to be limited or forbidden at some given point. It's almost an endless Compulsory Evacuation Device at the cost of Normal Summoning that can rid of any targetable monster. And pretty much useless against Kozmo and Majespecter.
    I FUCKING HATE DUB NAMES! I HATE DUB NAMES SO MUCH!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm curious to see in the new Virus will see play at all.
    Scooting around at the speed of sound.
    such is the way of a Sonic Duck.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More Virus trap cards continue to make me wish Kaiba's Doom Virus Dragon material was a "Virus" trap card instead of specifically CCV and that it took on the effect of whatever Virus was used to summon him.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    More Virus trap cards continue to make me wish Kaiba's Doom Virus Dragon material was a "Virus" trap card instead of specifically CCV and that it took on the effect of whatever Virus was used to summon him.
    And now I have some CaC ideas...
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingJinzo View Post
    Kawanokami is definitively going to be limited or forbidden at some given point. It's almost an endless Compulsory Evacuation Device at the cost of Normal Summoning that can rid of any targetable monster. And pretty much useless against Kozmo and Majespecter.
    And compulse is rarely played. Though this does give legacy of yata-garasu some more use. The new virus card could be interesting, might try it in the side deck for fluffals.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kawanokami is an interesting card. It can be used to bounce an opponent's card (but isn't a Trap and isn't instant) or it can be used to recursively use/protect your own cards, especially those with effects that activate on Summon. It's a bit odd that it's not a WIND card, though, since bouncing and spinning is more or less one of the archetype's themes.

The new Virus card is deadly against certain archetypes (Shiranui, particularly) but pretty useless against most. Not sure how it'll shake up the scene.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Basically we got Kaiba and Noah legacy support in this set? That's nice.

Registered User Voltanis The Adjudicator's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconator View Post
    And compulse is rarely played. Though this does give legacy of yata-garasu some more use. The new virus card could be interesting, might try it in the side deck for fluffals.
    Yeah, but that's because Compluse is a one-time deal in an age where there are much stronger trap cards. Like Jinzo said, this is infinite of them, albeit one at a time. But since we also live in an age where so many decks SS so much of their shit that they don't even need many normal summons anymore, especially after the first few turns, this thing can be a very powerful use of your normal summon. I agree with Jinzo, there will come a time where this dude sees serious play.