User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 64

Thread: ARC-V Episode 125 Discussion - Mega Charizard Y

  1. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    462
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingJinzo View Post
    As "pointless" as the duel was, it gave Yuto the limelight he needed, giving him more cards after he got wasted in episode 37, revealing us his relationship with Ruri and it establishes the teamwork of the Bracelet Girls with the Parasite archetype, and it gave us more insight of the interaction between the two souls, more magical aspects behind Yuya and his counterparts, more glimpses of the darkness's power and more of synchronization.
    Which really should have been done in the Xyz Dimension beyond Yuto hijacking Yuya's body once and yelling IKEEEEE RAISU FARUKON. And even in this case, Yuto takes one solid hit and desynchronizes. Speaking of which, Yuto/Shun tag duel fucking never since the writers seem hellbent on keeping Shun completely useless. I hate to say it, because I really like the guy, but carding Shun would honestly make no difference beyond pissing off the fans even more.

    Yes, Yuya's victory didn't make any difference, since he got captured anyway, but at least we get to see more of the darkness before we get the exposition episode next week. Yuya's experience in these last two episodes might get into play in the next episode. Also, why having one plan instead of having two? After all, showing of the power of the parasites is part of the Doktor's sadistic character. You may call the duel pointless because it didn't advance the plot or made difference to the whole situation, but you can't call it shitty just because of that. Yuto was amazing, as well as Serena and Ruri's coordinated teamwork, and then there is Odd-Eyes Raging Dragon. The duel itself was not bad at all.
    Here's the problem, every time Hitotsu Ni shows up, it's completely inconsequential beyond adding some angst to Yuya and showing off some flashy cards. This has been going on for, what, eighty fucking episodes, ever since Yuya vs. Sora 2. At that point, it's no longer an interesting plot point, it's just "oh look Yuya is channeling his inner edge again." And the fact that you have to build up one side villain by doing an extreme disservice to four of your "major" (for varying values of "major") characters. They completely killed both Yuzu's and Serena's character arcs and aborted Rin's and Ruri's before they even began, all for the sake of this "RAY-A" plot point/character that is suddenly being rushed because they're trying to address every plot point that was neglected for the past 70 episodes with less than 30 to go.

    As for the duel itself, it was mostly just equip swapping with Parasites, destruction denial with crappy situational PK cards and spamming action cards, which Serena and Ruri made no attempt to counter by using action cards of their own, except for one time in which case Yuya still grabbed it first because skates. Again, I admit Neo Noew OERD looked amazing, but that was just one play which was facilitated by a card that more or less invalidated the Destruction/Creation Magician duo.

  2. #12
    Registered User KingJinzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    977
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder if you enjoy the series nowadays at all.
    I FUCKING HATE DUB NAMES! I HATE DUB NAMES SO MUCH!

  3. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    462
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't drop series. I care enough to find out how it ends after having come so far. Sure, I've been disappointed bitterly, but I'm still curious.

  4. #14
    Registered User EmperorShun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Heartland
    Posts
    536
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iNfiniTe Se7eNz View Post
    Again, I admit Neo Noew OERD looked amazing, but that was just one play which was facilitated by a card that more or less invalidated the Destruction/Creation Magician duo.
    May I hold you right there, that card is a Phantom Knights card. First, we dont know if it will be printed, second, you would have to splash Phantom Knights (or only Silent boots along with it) to search it. Creation Magician is not used by many people because you R7NK anyways, and Destruction Magician is searchable in there own deck. I dont belive this will replace it by any means. (Same things with Cross-Xyz, cuz it can be searched by Generation Force)
    Warera wa hitotsu ni

  5. #15
    Registered User False_Revelation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Between Dimensions
    Posts
    128
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So as far as I know,the openings usually spoil some of the best stuff. No reiji duel?? the trolling..
    I think the opening can actually be used as an ending. All they did was show the characters and their names, like we dont know...
    All I want is to make me into myself.

  6. #16
    Registered User KingJinzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    977
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EmperorShun View Post
    May I hold you right there, that card is a Phantom Knights card. First, we dont know if it will be printed, second, you would have to splash Phantom Knights (or only Silent boots along with it) to search it. Creation Magician is not used by many people because you R7NK anyways, and Destruction Magician is searchable in there own deck. I dont belive this will replace it by any means. (Same things with Cross-Xyz, cuz it can be searched by Generation Force)
    Story-wise, Phantom Knights Connection is probably needed when Yuya has to summon multiple copies of Odd-Eyes-hybrids. Odd-Eyes/StarveVenom is probably the easiest one to summon, but it would be difficult to summon both, OERD and Odd-Eyes/ClearWing if he has to would use the Xiang-Duo and if Odd-Eyes/ClearWing doesn't have the same kind of Synchro Summon requirements like Nirvana High Paladin.
    I FUCKING HATE DUB NAMES! I HATE DUB NAMES SO MUCH!

  7. #17
    Registered User KingJinzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    977
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by False_Revelation View Post
    So as far as I know,the openings usually spoil some of the best stuff. No reiji duel?? the trolling..
    I think the opening can actually be used as an ending. All they did was show the characters and their names, like we dont know...
    There isn't much spoiling in the opening, anyway. It does foreshadow the two spoiler characters, and that new environment in the chorus looks interesting, but that's it. At least it doesn't tease us too much, since the last four openings really teased us with stuff that never happened, happened differently or happened after the opening stopped to show up. Just look how outdated KIBOU NO HIKARI looked after 12 episodes.
    I FUCKING HATE DUB NAMES! I HATE DUB NAMES SO MUCH!

  8. #18
    Registered User LolsterXD97's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,797
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingJinzo View Post
    There isn't much spoiling in the opening, anyway. It does foreshadow the two spoiler characters, and that new environment in the chorus looks interesting, but that's it. At least it doesn't tease us too much, since the last four openings really teased us with stuff that never happened, happened differently or happened after the opening stopped to show up. Just look how outdated KIBOU NO HIKARI looked after 12 episodes.
    If I had to guess, the new enviroment in the Opening probably is a location from the united 4 Dimensions.
    Last edited by LolsterXD97; 2nd October 2016 at 08:50 PM.

  9. #19
    Registered User KingJinzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    977
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LolsterXD97 View Post
    If I had to guess, the new enviroment in the Opening probably is a location from the united 4 Dimensions.
    Possibly. A location that looks that fantastical can't be just a random place created for the opening. But that alone doesn't tell us how the series is going in the future. The rumors of the series ending in Spring 2017 looks fishy to me and I doubt I missed such an announcement on this site, so I think it's fake. Although, it wouldn't be that bad if it's true, since it would give us at least 50 to 75 episodes for the series. Well, it won't last until 2018 anyway.
    I FUCKING HATE DUB NAMES! I HATE DUB NAMES SO MUCH!

  10. #20
    Registered User ScionStorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    4,225
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All this Phantom Knight support better show up in MAXC.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •