User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: ARC-V Episode 126 Discussion: Exposition, I guess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanokal View Post
    I assume that they'd have to have got to Zarc first to disable his duel disk (though I immediately think of an EMP).
    This is the first time, I think, that monsters have been made real due to technology. In every other series, it was some form of magic (Shadow Games, Psychic Powers, Power of Chaos/Aliens). In those contexts, it makes sense that the only way to stop them is via duel, because they weren't actually holograms/hard light-- they were literal monsters. Now, I suppose after fusing, Supreme King Dragon Zarc would follow this principle, but until that point, the logic just fails. It also begs the question of why other monsters didn't possess their duelists into doing the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I guess Leo can also claim parenthood rights over Yuzu.
    I don't think parental rights apply over reincarnations.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iNfiniTe Se7eNz View Post
    This is the first time, I think, that monsters have been made real due to technology. In every other series, it was some form of magic (Shadow Games, Psychic Powers, Power of Chaos/Aliens). In those contexts, it makes sense that the only way to stop them is via duel, because they weren't actually holograms/hard light-- they were literal monsters. Now, I suppose after fusing, Supreme King Dragon Zarc would follow this principle, but until that point, the logic just fails. It also begs the question of why other monsters didn't possess their duelists into doing the same thing.
    Unless you're talking about my EMP theory, Leo explained that the Solid Vision monsters were immune to injury. Interaction through a duel was the only way to make it work.

As for creating a second Zarc, not only was he a special case that likely wouldn't or couldn't be repeated, it took quite a while to turn him into a monster and to piss off his dragons.
    Sanokal

Registered User False_Revelation's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Theory time
    1) Ray is Leo's daughter. Reiji is Leo's son. Ray is a combination of the 4 yuzus. Reiji is directly related to all of them.(brother/sister(s))
    2) Either Reiji or Ray are not really related to Leo. One of them, if not both, are adopted. Reiji and Ray have no relation.
    3) The monster Zarc turned into is a pendulum monster.(green lines)
    4) The monster Zarc summoned is one of the 3 summing methods but is also treated as the other two.
    5) The dimensions will be reunited before the series ends and there will be a new enemy after Zarc is destroyed. Which i would prefer not to happen since Standard is the only dimension I like.
    All I want is to make me into myself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanokal View Post
    I assume that they'd have to have got to Zarc first to disable his duel disk (though I immediately think of an EMP).
    If normal weapons dont work on the monsters...why not just shoot Zarc...its not like he has an invisible barrier that protects him from everything unless he loses in a duel. This all could've been avoided with a sniper.
    One shot. One kill. Wont even hear it coming.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by False_Revelation View Post
    If normal weapons dont work on the monsters...why not just shoot Zarc...its not like he has an invisible barrier that protects him from everything unless he loses in a duel. This all could've been avoided with a sniper.
    Or, if the monsters were bodyblocking him, just drop a big enough bomb so that even if the monster eats the projectile, the explosion would still hit Zarc and destroy his disk.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by False_Revelation View Post
    There's no guarantee that it would work back then. We did see a similar scenario at the beginning of the Synchro arc, when Security shot nets at Yuya and Crow, cancelling the Solid Vision. But it looks like that the dragons are more than just Real Solid Vision and there might be some magic behind. After all, Supreme Dragon King Zarc has to be a magical being, otherwise it couldn't be created, unless technology is magic. What if Zarc got killed, but the Real Solid Vision would still not stop and the dragons would become even more uncontrollabe than before? The dragons are shown to have powers that go beyond those of regular Duel Monsters cards. Odd-Eyes has exceptionally high evolution potential, Clear Wing can travel through dimensions, etc. We don't even know whether Crystal Wing and Dark Requiem existed in Yugo and Yuto's Extra Decks before or if they were created through Yuya's influence.
    I FUCKING HATE DUB NAMES! I HATE DUB NAMES SO MUCH!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingJinzo View Post
    There's no guarantee that it would work back then. We did see a similar scenario at the beginning of the Synchro arc, when Security shot nets at Yuya and Crow, cancelling the Solid Vision. But it looks like that the dragons are more than just Real Solid Vision and there might be some magic behind. After all, Supreme Dragon King Zarc has to be a magical being, otherwise it couldn't be created, unless technology is magic. What if Zarc got killed, but the Real Solid Vision would still not stop and the dragons would become even more uncontrollabe than before? The dragons are shown to have powers that go beyond those of regular Duel Monsters cards. Odd-Eyes has exceptionally high evolution potential, Clear Wing can travel through dimensions, etc. We don't even know whether Crystal Wing and Dark Requiem existed in Yugo and Yuto's Extra Decks before or if they were created through Yuya's influence.
    Fusing with Zarc is what evolved them from "unstoppable rampage" to "dimension destroying apocalypse;" killing Zarc would have prevented that.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iNfiniTe Se7eNz View Post
    Fusing with Zarc is what evolved them from "unstoppable rampage" to "dimension destroying apocalypse;" killing Zarc would have prevented that.
    Yeah, but nobody with a right mind could predict a human becoming one with their monsters.
    I FUCKING HATE DUB NAMES! I HATE DUB NAMES SO MUCH!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingJinzo View Post
    Yeah, but nobody with a right mind could predict a human becoming one with their monsters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    nice one lol