User Tag List

Thread: Metal Gear - SPYRAL Metalfoe Deck Profile [INOV Support]

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Metal Gear - SPYRAL Metalfoe Deck Profile [INOV Support]

Hey guys, your Emperor here.

I love it when Yu-Gi-Oh TCG grabs some of our favourite stuff and makes an archtype out of it. First it was Star Wars and Godzilla, now its the famous spy:
    Bond, James Bond

Index:

I. Introduction

II. The new SPYRAL Support

III. The Deck Profile

IV. Notes & more

I. Introduction

SPYRAL's were introduced in TDIL together with Subterrors. SPYRALS were mixed with Synchrons and were kinda gimmicky. Their main goal, to power up Super Agent, was not that relevant - until now.
    With new support introduced in INOV (scheduled relese: November 4, 2016) the deck can utilize Super Agent as an mini-boss card. Though they still cant stand on their own. The best possible mix at the moment has to be Metalfoes.

So I am here to bring you a fun little Deck you could bring to your locals

II. The new SPYRAL Support

Charming Resort Staff
    LIGHT / Fairy / 300 ATK / 200 DEF
    When an attack is declared involving a “SPYRAL Super Agent” you control and an opponent’s face-up monster: You can change the ATK of the opponent’s monster to 0. If this card is destroyed by battle or card effect: You can Special Summon 1 “SPYRAL Super Agent” from your Deck. If a “SPYRAL Super agent” you control is destroyed by battle or sent to the Graveyard while this card is in your Graveyard: You can banish this card from your Graveyard; return 1 “SPYRAL Super Agent” from your Graveyard to your hand.

On first sight, amazing artwork combined with an not so amazing effect. However she is useful and makes Ritual Sanctuary playble in this Deck. On destruction (either with Metalfoes Pendulum effects or your opponents interaction) she Special Summons a SPYRAL Super Agent from the Deck and if he dies, she can banish herself to add him right back to our hand.
    And if she comes back to the field and Super Agent battles a monster, that monsters ATK points are reduced to 0 (without targeting). Hello Kozmo Dark Destroyer.
    This card is the first reason to play Metalfoes.

SPYRAL Master Plan
    DARK / Spellcaster / Level 7 / 1200 ATK / 2800 DEF
    Once per turn: You can add 1 “SPYRAL MISSION” card from your Deck to your hand. If this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard: You can add 1 “SPYRAL Resort” and 1 “SPYRAL” monster from your Deck to your hand, except “SPYRAL Master Plan”. You can only use this effect of “SPYRAL Master Plan” once per turn.

Master Plan is the secon reason to play Metalfoes - she can be Pendulum summoned, searches on field and on destruction. Its like if those Decks were created for each other...
    Sadly her first effect has only 1 target as of now, and you will run out of targets way to fast. Her second effect is Terraforming and SPYRAL Resort in one.
    Note that you need both targets in your Deck to resolve this effect.

SPYRAL Resort
    Field Spell Card
    Your opponent cannot target other "SPYRAL" cards you control with card effects.
    (1) Once per turn: You can add 1 "SPYRAL" monster from your Deck to your hand.
    (2) Once per turn, during your End Phase, shuffle 1 monster from your graveyard into the Deck or destroy this card.

And here we have the equivalent of The Hidden City - without the hard OPT. The continuous effect helps protecting your Super Agent from the Golden Gun and the last effect is more useful then it harms the Deck. Shuffle your Extra Deck cards right into the deck. This card is nuts with Painful Decision. The Metalfoe you sent to the Graveyard gets shuffled back right into the Deck, making it a very easy decision.

SPYRAL Mission – Assault
    Continuous Spell Card
    Destroy this card during your 3rd End Phase after activation. Once per turn, if a “SPYRAL” monster you control destroys a monster by battle, or if you destroy a card(s) on the field with a “SPYRAL” monster’s effect you control: You can draw 1 card. You can banish this card from your Graveyard; Special Summon 1 “SPYRAL” monster from your hand.

3 Turns are enought to maximize the potential of this card. If SPYRAL Super Agent gets special summoned by a SPYRAL card and pops a Spell/Trap, you get to draw 1 card per SPYRAL MISSION - Assault you control - or if a SPYRAL monster destroyes a monster by battle. Very useful, sadly you cant recycle this once you use the banish effect.

III. The Deck Profile

First off, I decided to nut run any heavy backrow cards, so I can utilize both Engines to their full extend. I run 10 Metalfoe Pendulum cards with only 3 targets for their destruction effect. This is not a big deal because I can shuffle the 2 Metalfoes Counter back with Metalfoes Mythriel and Metalfoes Fusion recycles itself anyways. 2 additional search cards in form of Painful Decision are added, to get the Metalfoes faster, as they are necessary for plays wih the new SPYRAL cards, SPYRAL Master Plan & Charming Resort Staff (Or Waifu Waitress, as I like to call her).

At first I ran 2 Foolish Burial of Belongings instead of Painful Decision, however, replacing them was a not so painful decision. They were only in to sent SPYRAL MISSION - Assault to the Graveyard, so I can Special Summon a SPYRAL from hand by banishing them. However I found it more useful to have Metalfoes to search even more and get your combos going.

One card might not look like if fits well in this Deck, Ritual Sanctuary - because we aint playing Rituals in here. But Konami has decided to make Charming Resort Staff a LIGHT Fairy, and with that, Ritual Sanctuary can shuffle back 3 Spell cards to Special Summon her from the Graveyard. Running this card also minimizes the chances of bricking with Terraforming, because we have 5 targets AND we can shuffle those targets back into the Deck.

Lets get to the Extra Deck. We run 6 Metalfoes Fusion monster, as you can sacrifice your small SPYRAL cards plus an Metalfoe to get an Strong Beater and an extra card in hand.
    3 of the best generic R7NK cards are included as 5 of our Main Deck monsters are Level 7 and they can help in a pinch. Only 1 R4NK, Castel, because you normally dont wanna Xyz with your Super Agent, but it can also help sometimes.
    Invoker and Leviair are useful, and there are some fun little combos with them. Overlay 1 Metalfoe Silverd with 1 Charming Resort Girl for an Invoker, Special Summon Super Agent and when he dies in the End Phase, banish Charming Resort Girl to get him back to the hand. Special Summon your banished Quick-Fix and Drone with Leviar to get even more searches!

Finally, we get to out R1NK. They are very easy to bring out and can help you on both players turns. Dullahan can halve a monsters ATK so your Super Agent can run over it, or gamble with the (not yet TCG legal) Sylvan Princessprite. She can excavate the top card of your Deck and if its a Spell/Trap, you get to add it to your hand. If its a monster, it is sent to the Graveyard instead. Very useful in both ways. The sent monster can easily be utilized with SPYRAL GEAR - Big Red or be shuffled back with SPYRAL Resort.

IV. Notes & more

This deck sure ain't meta, but its consistent, fun to play and relativly budget-friendly. If you want to take this to locals, replace Sylvan Princessprite with anything you want, as the card has not been released in the TCG yet. The rest of the Deck can be build when Invasion of Venon comes out in the TCG November 4, 2016.

The cards that are listed in the Side Deck are cards you can consider adding to the Main Deck, as they could work just as fine or even better. In the end this should not be a "You-have-to-play-this-deck-this-way-Deck Profile", rather it should be an motivation to try this and find the right build for yourself.

Deck List:
    Spoiler Alert!

Main Deck:

Monsters:
    - 3 Metalfoes Volflame
    - 2 Metalfoes Goldriver
    - 3 Metalfoes Silverd
    - 2 Metalfoes Steelen
    - 2 SPYRAL Master Plan
    - 2 SPYRAL Super Agent
    - 2 Charming Resort Girl
    - 3 SPYRAL Quick-Fix
    - 2 SPYRAL GEAR -Drone

Spells:
    - 2 Painful Decision
    - 1 One for One
    - 1 Reinforcement of the Army
    - 1 Metalfoes Fusion
    - 3 Terraforming
    - 1 Foolish Burial
    - 1 Twin Twister
    - 3 SPYRAL MISSION - Assault
    - 3 SPYRAL GEAR - Big Red
    - 3 SPYRAL Resort
    - 2 Ritual Sanctuary

Traps:
    - 2 Metalfoes Counter

Extra Deck:

Fusions:
    - 1 Metalfoes Crimsonite
    - 2 Metalfoes Orichalc
    - 1 Metalfoes Mythriel
    - 1 Metalfoes Adamante
    - 1 Fullmetalfoes Alkahest

Xyz:
    - 1 Red-Eyes Flare Metal Dragon
    - 1 Mecha Phantom Beast Dracossack
    - 1 Number 11: Big Eye
    - 1 Castel, the Skyblaster Musketeer
    - 1 Leviair the Sea Dragon
    - 1 M-X-Saber Invoker
    - 1 Sylvan Princessprite (Not released in TCG yet, replace with something else)
    - 1 Ghostrick Dullahan
    - 1 Number 54: Lion Heart

Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoy your time with this Deck,

and all Hail the Emperor
    Last edited by EmperorShun; 10th October 2016 at 06:29 PM.
    Warera wa hitotsu ni

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the Deck List.

For the support this Deck has thus far, this is the direction I had wanted to go with it, right down to Ritual Sanctuary working so well with Charming Resort Staff, and all pretty much for the same reasons you mentioned here, though the number of Metalfoes was kinda stumping me. So thanks again!
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 11th October 2016 at 02:35 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How does SPYRAL work now with the new support from Raging Tempest?
    "Hail to the King, Baby"
    - Ashley J. Williams

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sh0ryu_Repp4 View Post
    How does SPYRAL work now with the new support from Raging Tempest?
    Well, based on opinions garnered from some, most of them love Tough, and generally are much more favorable to Misty compared to those who just knee-jerk judge the card. The players are generally more understanding to the reasoning behind the SPYGAL name (aesthetics, and otherwise, she'd be too much like Unicorn - Kirin for the Deck, which isn't what the developers wanted, but as is, they can give her such effects, Draw and Bounce, without the internal design worry), and some love her to bits anyway. Those who use her tend to include a couple of Summoner Monks and possibly a Dark Magic Veil or two, especially if they also choose to use Master Plan, who's kinda become optional (though still useful, usually no more than 1).

Folks love Utility Wire, and though they debated on 2 or 3, the general usefulness of the card leads more to use the full 3. Quick Fix's numbers have also become debated, as has whether to go with or sans Machine Duplication. Re-capture is more iffy for them, but they generally like the principal of the card, and hope next Set brings ways to Special Summon SPYRALs more easily on the opponent's turn outside Call of the Haunted.

Some of the players have become less keen on using the Synchro-focused version, but have found with the new format and Zoodiacs that either a more Trap-heavy Card of Demise version that takes advantage of Misty, Tough, and Wire's ability for added control or a going-second version that uses Kaijus, 3-4 differently named Kaijus and 3 Interrupted Kaiju Slumber with the allotted 2 Dark Holes/1 Raigeki, that wipe out the opponent's presumed Zoodiac made field and then leaves the SPYRALs to control them down to 0 LPs after that. The latter saw the most different people giving their successes since I last looked.

I think I went over everything. Sorry for it being so late before someone responded.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 28th February 2017 at 10:36 PM.