User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ARC-V Episode 127 Discussion: Confirmations

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ARC-V Episode 127 Discussion: Confirmations

Honestly, I'm more hyped to get the Special Demo of Pokémon Sun/Moon rather than watching this episode, but let's continue with the exposition.

The Professor is making a short summary about Haouryuu, and then he is informed that Yuya has escaped from his cage and we see he wrecked the whole room. Yuya quickly enters the room, but he's normal again at that point. Yusyo, Reiji and Layra/Reira are happy to see him and Yuya is finally reunited with his lost father. Yusyo begs to the Professor to talk over all the stuff instead of getting the kids involved.

Spoiler Alert!
    However, the Professor continues the exposition and tells him that Yuya is not his son. The Bracelet Girls and der Doktor hit the scene. Since we know that the Professor is not evil, he has enough of des Doktor's evil shit and cards him right away, releasing the girls from dem Doktor's control. (Now I can stop using German articles.) Well, the Professor is moment killing Yuya's reunion with Yuzu (the girls are all trapped inside jars anyway). (It's a bit funny that they don't talk to Rin at all.)

The Professor continues his story, even though the girls just arrived and shouldn't know what he has told last episode. To combat Haouryuu Zarc who is filled with the power of the cards' souls, the Professor was finding to a way to create cards with the energy of nature, and during his research he concluded that he needed the power of Kachou Fuugetsu (flowers, birds, winds and moon), resulting to the creation of four Spell Cards. But right after completing those four cards, Ray just stole them from him before he could even touch them. He reveals that Ray was his daughter, surprising Reiji and Yusyo.

Ray told her father that he's too important for the future (is he John Connor or something) and didn't want him to sacrifice his life to fight the devil. She unleashed the power of the four Spell Cards, gathering the power of Kachou Fuugetsu and created the four bracelets, defusing Haouryuu into the four dragons and dividing her own body into four, as well as the dimensions. The Professor found himself in Standard where Synchros, Fusions and Xyzs don't exist, as well as Real Solid Vision. Only the early parts of Solid Vision of the Duel Monsters era. Then he proceeded to recreate Real Solid Vision again, meeting Yusyo at that time. He also used his machines to research his own memories, realizing that if the world was really split into four dimension, then there was a possibility that his daughter could be alive as well, being sent into a different dimension.

Reiji tells us that at the time, the Professor disappeared and left the LEO Coorporation's business to Himika without telling her, which motivated Reiji to use the teleporter to find his father. And we already know what happened when he arrived at Academia. However, the Professor didn't create Academia to do an interdimensional war, but to find Ray. He found Serena, believing that she was a younger Ray, but she lacked Ray's memories, concluding that Ray was split in four people across the dimensions: Yuzu from Standard, Serena from Fusion Dimension, Ruri from Xyz Dimension and Rin from Synchro Dimension. He started the Arc Area Project to gather the energy of carded people to reunite the dimensions and the Bracelet Girls to revive Ray. He shows his guests his machine that "consumes" all the carded people (I guess it is called ARC-V).

Reiji concludes that not only Ray was divided into four people, but also Zarc. The Professor wants to challenge Yuya to defeat the Devil Duelist (why wasn't Yugo carded again?). However, Reiji is aware that Yuya is not the devil and he saw what Yuya's Entertainment Duel did in the Synchro Dimension (thank Ra, that the Synchro arc had some meaning to it), and the episodes ends with the Professor engaging a duel with Yuya and Reiji.

Preview:
    Spoiler Alert!

-Looks like Revival Zero is starting.
    -Reira having another panic attack.
    -Yuya is awakening again.
    -The Professor is nervous.
    -Yuya and Yuto conclude that as long as they don't get angry, Zarc won't awaken. Yeah, they totally fail at that part.
    I FUCKING HATE DUB NAMES! I HATE DUB NAMES SO MUCH!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arc-V Cradle

So can I reiterate how pointlessly retarded the whole brainwashing subplot was now? And wow, Leo really did end up being more pathetic than I thought. The whole Arc Are Project being used to establish a utopia was a load of nonsense, the guy just really wants his suicidal daughter back, to the point of not giving a flying fuck about his wife and son. Top tier villainy, Reiou.

So there you have it. Zarc is pathetic, Ray is pathetic, and Leo is pathetic. I guess the only question that remains is why he hasn't killed/captured/carded any of the Yus.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So....all the stress for reviving his daughter? And what about Reiji, is he the real son of Leo? I have no idea whats going on anymore. Who is the parent of who? And how you gonna tell the mothers of the Yu girls that their daughters arent their daughters? I think they went through a whole lot a pain when they were born.

A rather anticlimatic end for den Doktor, but he deserved it. I dont know if I like Leo or if I just feel sorry for him. The bigger question is, how to make an happy end. We cant have Ray + Leo and Yuzu + Yuya... I am really curious.

Also: Pls do not play Ancient Gears Professor....
    Warera wa hitotsu ni

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EmperorShun View Post
    So....all the stress for reviving his daughter? And what about Reiji, is he the real son of Leo? I have no idea whats going on anymore. Who is the parent of who? And how you gonna tell the mothers of the Yu girls that their daughters arent their daughters? I think they went through a whole lot a pain when they were born.
    Yuzu at least has no mother; Shuzo just sort of found her and took her in when she was a baby.

I don't get why the Professor couldn't both want a utopia and his daughter back.
    Current decks: Salamangreats, Knightmare Cyberse, and Odd-Eyes Performapals
    Originator of the Tulpa Summon, and the homebrewed cards you use with it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since there is a way of bringing carded people back, what if the people inside the machine will be released from their prison once the project is finished. Committing such a crime for reuniting the world (plus resurrecting Ray) is very heavy. Either he sees it as a necessary sacrifice or he went insane. I think the Professor also suffers of survivor's guilt, after all, he planned to sacrifice his own life rather than his daughter's, so it could be that he felt guilty as failing as a parent... which ironically happened again (with Reiji).

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can we just all agree that his name is Layra and not Reira already? It's spelled out in the new intro and even before that it was spelled out on screen in season 2.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    Can we just all agree that his name is Layra and not Reira already? It's spelled out in the new intro and even before that it was spelled out on screen in season 2.
    Spelling is a complicated issue in anime. The problem with Reira/Layra is that his name is written in kanji like Leo's name, but it is possible to stylize his Romanized spelling in that way. Since Layra is not the Professor's biological son, Layra/Reira is more or less a red herring. However, since Ray and Leo also follow the "rei/zero" pun, Layra still falls into the "rei" category. Although, he might not be Japanese.

A lot of people don't accept Ute, Hugo and Joeri, since it looks stupid from a YGO viewer's perspective. However, it might be possible for their names to be re-used for future protagonists, since they aren't officially named "Yuto", "Yugo" and "Yuri" in Japanese.

Spelling in anime is often inconsistent. Yusyo/Yusho or Shingo/Singo are minor examples, but they are technically correct, well, at least Yusyo, since "Syo"="Sho" or "Jyo"="Jou" (but not Jyou, since Jyo is already a long O=ou). Like Shun can be spelled Syun, since the pronunciation is the same and the kanjis are still the same. Sawatari's first name Shingo is spelled in katakana, so "Singo" is also valid for technically reasons.

There are a lot of other anime/manga with spelling inconsistencies. While "Layra" has been used consistently, names like Lua=Rua or Luca=Ruka had some issues in the past, and it's not uncommon for companies to screw some names up. One infamous example is Arisa Bunning/Arisa Bannings/Alisa Bunnings/Alisa Bannings/Alyssa B?nnings.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doesn't change the fact that Layra's name is spelled--in English--right there in the intro. And spelled consistently. So it's not a mistake. Just as well in obvious that it's definitely Leo with an L otherwise LDS would be RDS. Even if it's a play on how L/R is pronounced in Japanese, this is how they have officially chosen to express the English spelling and done so within the context of the show itself.
    Last edited by ScionStorm; 16th October 2016 at 08:45 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    Doesn't change the fact that Layra's name is spelled--in English--right there in the intro. And spelled consistently. So it's not a mistake. Just as well in obvious that it's definitely Leo with an L otherwise LDS would be RDS.
    And Yuto, Yugo, and Yuri's names have been consistently given as Ute, Hyugo, and Joeri. Doesn't stop everyone for using their preferred spellings.
    Current decks: Salamangreats, Knightmare Cyberse, and Odd-Eyes Performapals
    Originator of the Tulpa Summon, and the homebrewed cards you use with it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volteccer View Post
    And Yuto, Yugo, and Yuri's names have been consistently given as Ute, Hyugo, and Joeri. Doesn't stop everyone for using their preferred spellings.
    Actually "Hugo". They stopped using "Hyugo" since Hugo vs Sawatari. "Hyugo" was only used once.