User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [INOV-EN] The New Subterror Cards

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is this archetype based on again?

Also, I can't stop reading that first Behemoths name as "Ultrafamus".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd say they're all solid additions to the archetype. The biggest one is very effective in helping set up your plays as well as being a good beater. Archer is easily the best of this bunch, but the deck is wanting for low levels, so it's to be expected. I think the trap having so much utility is definitely a plus. There aren't many cards that can do that much for their archetype. The deck is fun, not especially strong, but fun.

As it stands, I'd say they're looking more solid than SPYRALs, but that's mostly because SPYRALs lack an end game. They play an information war and can search up cards pretty easily, but don't have much to do besides beat with mid-sized bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    What is this archetype based on again?

Also, I can't stop reading that first Behemoths name as "Ultrafamus".
    For what I see, they're based on the game Shadow of the Colossus. There are too many similarities for it to be just a coincidence. It alarms me that there's almost no one talking about this...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greed the Ambitious View Post
    For what I see, they're based on the game Shadow of the Colossus. There are too many similarities for it to be just a coincidence. It alarms me that there's almost no one talking about this...
    just because its giant monsters doesn't mean its Shadow of the Colossus
    The City is based on Shambhala, the Behemoths are attacking it
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, I forgot about Shambhala.
    Spoiler Alert!

But is this drawing from a particular legend/story?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    Ah, I forgot about Shambhala.
    Spoiler Alert!

But is this drawing from a particular legend/story?
    I thought of that Docotr Strange scene too

So obernight I tried to see what potential lies in these cards. My biggest Problem when playing the deck is still to get the stone rolling. When you dont have the Tarotrei what you gonna do? In before it was settimg Nenesis and hope he doesnt die, now its setting archer. But I shouldnd have to rely on archer to bring out the first behemoth. Nemesis is just too slow because he has to Tribute from the field. Thats what I dont like about the deck :/
    Last edited by EmperorShun; 20th October 2016 at 05:32 AM.
    Warera wa hitotsu ni

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EmperorShun View Post

So obernight I tried to see what potential lies in these cards. My biggest Problem when playing the deck is still to get the stone rolling. When you dont have the Tarotrei what you gonna do? In before it was settimg Nenesis and hope he doesnt die, now its setting archer. But I shouldnd have to rely on archer to bring out the first behemoth. Nemesis is just too slow because he has to Tribute from the field. Thats what I dont like about the deck :/
    The terrortop engine helps out a lot to bring out Nemesis from the deck with Invoker and you still have your normal summon for the turn to use. It's a playmaker for the deck that has been working for me right now.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EmperorShun View Post

At least you're giving constructive reasoning as opposed to some of the other peeps here.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltanis The Adjudicator View Post
    Well that's constructive criticism.
    I'm not here to discuss nothing, sorry.
    Kill me please.

Quote Originally Posted by Dread Kaiser View Post
    just because its giant monsters doesn't mean its Shadow of the Colossus
    The City is based on Shambhala, the Behemoths are attacking it
    Giant monsters are obviously not the only similarity between the two, or I wouldn't say there are too many of them.

*The building at the center of The Hidden City is very similar to the Shrine of Worship at the center of the Forbidden Lands.
    *The Behemoths are gargantuan monsters that can be active (face-up) or asleep (face-down, and Konami used terms like those in their first article about them), just like some colossi like Basaran, Phaedra, and Barba appear to be locked or asleep when you encounter then.
    *You only fought a new colossus when you killed the previous one. The Behemoth only appear when there's no other one active at the moment.
    *When a colossus was hurt, they emitted a black liquid/smoke, similar to the substance in Stalagmo's art.
    *SNW is a young warrior tasked with the mission of defeating the giants with a sword that's probably magical in origin, just like Wander. His effect is a very nice illustration of this task, with him killing one giant at a time (the Tributing part), then the next giant appears (the Summoning part), and he leaves to fight the next one (the self-Summon back from the Graveyard part).
    *SNA is a female with some unknown relation to SNW, like Mono was in SotC. She uses a bow, like Wander did in the game. And she has some sort of pet, that may or may not become a card, and it's probably the TCG's representation of Agro. If she's destroyed, you can bring out a Giant (in the game, Mono's death is what triggers Wander's jorney to the Forbidden Lands) or SNW (who comes to save/avenge her).
    *While I can't think of direct counterparts in the game to Stalagmo and Umastryx, Ultramafus is a giant turtle (like Basaran) related to fire (which may or may not be a reference to Celosia), and Stygokraken is a water creature (like Hydrus) that can also bury itself in the ground (like Dirge).

I don't think I'm stretching it all that much, or that those are all coincidences.

The Shamballa references don't mean that it doesn't also have references to SotC. Kozmo was Star Wars + The Wizard of Oz, SPYRAL is 007 + Metal Gear.
    Last edited by Greed the Ambitious; 23rd October 2016 at 11:26 PM.