User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [INOV-EN] The New Subterror Cards

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[INOV-EN] The New Subterror Cards

Straight from Konami themselves, a new Trap Card, 2 new horrors of the deep and a new member of the hunters!

Subterror Behemoth Ultramafus
    Level 12 EARTH Pyro-Type Flip Effect Monster
    ATK 3000
    DEF 1800
    FLIP: You can change all other face-up monsters on the field to face-down Defense Position. You can only use this effect of “Subterror Behemoth Ultramafus” once per turn.
    When a face-up monster you control is flipped face-down, if you control no face-up monsters: You can Special Summon this card from your hand in Defense Position. Once per turn: You can change this card to face-down Defense Position.

Subterror Nemesis Archer
    Level 3 EARTH Fairy-Type Effect Monster
    ATK 1600
    DEF 1400
    At the start of the Damage Step, if this card attacks an opponent’s face-down Defense Position monster and you control another “Subterror” monster: You can shuffle that opponent’s monster into the Deck. If this card on the field is destroyed by battle or card effect and sent to the Graveyard: You can Special Summon 1 “Subterror” monster from your Deck in face-up or face-down Defense Position. You can only use each effect of “Subterror Nemesis Archer” once per turn.

Subterror Behemoth Stygokraken
    Level 5 EARTH Sea Serpent-Type Flip Effect Monster
    ATK 1600
    DEF 2400
    FLIP: You can target set cards on the field, equal to the number of “Subterror Behemoth” monsters you control; destroy them. You can only use this effect of “Subterror Behemoth Stygokraken” once per turn.
    When a face-up monster you control is flipped face-down, if you control no face-up monsters: You can Special Summon this card from your hand in Defense Position. Once per turn: You can change this card to face-down Defense Position.

Subterror Behemoth Burrowing
    Normal Trap Card
    You can banish 1 “Subterror” monster from your Graveyard: for the rest of this turn, face-down monsters you control cannot be destroyed by card effects, and your opponent cannot target them with card effects. If this card on the field is destroyed by a card effect: You can add 1 “Subterror” monster from your Deck to your hand. You can banish this card from your Graveyard, then target 1 “Subterror” monster you control; change it to face-down Defense Position.

SOURCE:

https://yugiohblog.konami.com/articles/?p=7990

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just as I wanted to sleep these come out of nowhere!
    First off, the artwork looks sick on these. Second, we have a new waifu.

A lv 12 Flip Monster in 2016, pretty interesting to see that but in a good way. He is like Ghostrick Doll or a Mass Book of Moon. The Lv 5 is a MST for every Subterror Behemoth (glad she includes herself) and the Waifu has no OPT at all. She makes me think if Metalfoe Subterrors are now a thing?!

The Trap is...well its ok at what it does, its Ghostrick Vanish all over again. Though you might even wanna destroy that card instead to search more Monsters!

We have all The abilities to go Face Down and then they flip again. With the Magma Turtle we can reset them and use another of their effects Thanks to The field spell. I like it. But I dont know what engine to play. Ghostricks? Metalfoe? Prediction Princess?

Also we got 1 Ultra Rare, 2 Rares and 1 Super Rare, right?
    Last edited by EmperorShun; 19th October 2016 at 11:19 PM. Reason: im on mobile so mistakes happen a LOT sry about that :/
    Warera wa hitotsu ni

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    meh....cant compete in the meta against abc, treadtoad hero or blue eyes...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So Ultramafus is the biggest Behemot we're gonna get and the flip effect is not bad. Archer is the best of the 4 IMO with her floating effect so a Juunishishi variant is possible (Seriously, those guys work with everything). Stygokraken is... meh, is good that it can target your own cards like the trap card but only set cards? really? and with that small body?. The trap card is okay, I don't think is was necessary the cost for its first effect and if Stalagmo sent Subterror cards instead of monsters it could have been better.

If I'm completely honest, neither Spyrals nor Subterrors caught my attention. Both have the potential to be better but I think BA and Kozmo spoiled us too much.
    Don´t forget to have fun and ENJOY.

Registered User Starlight Magician's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just gonna point out, with this many behemoths summoning five massive monsters in one turn will be real easy-- Oh wait, we already have pendulums.

Registered User Voltanis The Adjudicator's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is... is Stone Ocean - Till The End Of (T)ime supposed to be a JoJo reference? Not to be that guy who thinks everything is, but Stone Ocean itself isn't even a reference to something already existent like Stone Free, so...

As for the cards, they're alright. It's funny, I've always wanted Konami to bend the established rules for cards, such as having a Level 12 flip effect monster, but now that it's here, I don't know what to think. Wish it was a little better for the boss monster, either giving it more than 3000 ATK on the condition that it can't be summoned except by Subterror effect or maybe a third effect. Archer is obviously insane, Sea Serpent is okay but useful. The trap is interesting, having a field effect, a destruction effect and a grave effect. It's decent, though I never like banishing in non-banishing decks... obviously, these guys aren't meant to be meta, but they look pretty fun.
    Last edited by Voltanis The Adjudicator; 20th October 2016 at 12:16 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is not what the deck need.
    Kill me please.

Registered User Voltanis The Adjudicator's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pai de santo View Post
    It is not what the deck need.
    Well that's constructive criticism.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dat. Art.
    /10charlimit

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Starlight Magician View Post
    Just gonna point out, with this many behemoths summoning five massive monsters in one turn will be real easy-- Oh wait, we already have pendulums.
    oh wait, we could do that since 5D's era

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorShun View Post
    Also we got 1 Ultra Rare, 2 Rares and 1 Super Rare, right?
    Those look Secret to me
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Ok, so Archer is Mono using Wander's bow, Ultramafus is Basaran and Cenobia's love child (and he's probably the biggest Behemoth we gonna get, so he's also Malus?), and Stygokraken is Hydrus and Dirge fused together. Ok, I can dig that. The references to Shadow of the Colossus were already outstanding with the first set, now it's even better.

The effects though... Er, I don't know. I could never learn how to play with the first batch, and I don't think this will fix that for me.