User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ARC-V Episode 128 Discussion: Where is Ritual Summoning?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ARC-V Episode 128 Discussion: Where is Ritual Summoning?

Before the duel actually starts, the Professor is using the ARC-V to make the girls "become one". Do I need to mention that the artstyle of this episode is awful? Yuya and Yuto are angry about that plan, but they do realize that if they become more angry, Z-ARC will show up (but they are obviously going to fail). The "Yuya! Yuto!" reaction of Yuzu is Ruri is cute because it's a double one. Yuya opens the duel with the Gazer duo to Pendulum Summon Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon (and the stock footage is one of the originals ones which we haven't seen for a long time). The Professor recognize it as Odd-Eyes Dragon, one of the dragons that destroyed the original dimension and since he didn't mention their names, they were silhouetted to us viewers because Yuya and co. don't know about which dragons he is talking about. Yusyo is having flashbacks about Yuzu and Yuya's childhood and he's trying to remember their "birth". If I understand correctly, Syuzou got Yuzu without a mother while Yusyo cannot remember Yuya's birth, deducting that they were no memories of his birth to begin with.

Yuya being Yuya, he ends his turn without setting a card. Reiji starts his turn by using Savant Copernicus and Cerberus as his 1-6 Scales to Pendulum Summon Berfomet and the Tuner Monster Ghost and then he Normal Summons Necro Slime. Yuya, Serena and Yuzu know what is coming. Reiji uses his three monsters to Synchro Summon Alexander. Then he uses Ghost's effect to send a second copy of Berfomet to the Graveyard, then he banishes Necro Slime with Ghost to Fusion Summon Temujin. With Alexander and Temujin, he revives both Berfomets to Xyz Summon Cesar (always the last one). Rin and Ruri are amazed about Reiji's skills. But seriously, those three are pretty much Reiji's recurring Extra Deck monsters, but I will expect new Extra Deck monsters in this duel. Anyway, he uses a new Dark Contract card (at least those are new in almost every duel) to seal the Professor's Fusion, Synchro, Xyz Monsters, but in turn he cannot summon monsters from the Extra Deck. Is that an analogy to LDS monopolyzing the Extra Deck summoning methods?

Before the Professor begins his Main Phase, he and his son have a little quarrel, along with Yuya. Reiji calming Yuya his nakama, he won't let Yuya becoming Z-ARC with the others. And even though Yuto is inside of him, Yuya and Yuto have the same egao mindset and their goal is to free Yuzu and the others. Aside from Yuzu's "Yuya" reaction, Ruri is glad that Yuto still remembers their promise. Yeah, more shipping.

Spoiler Alert!

Surprising everyone, the Professor sets two copies Scale 1 Spirit Reactors on his Pendulum Zones. His deck is a Spirit deck. Not Spirit Monsters, the archetype is called Spirit. That is going to confuse people. Of course, there is a reason why he sets Pendulum Monsters with the same Scales on both zones. He uses the effect of the Reactor on the blue Zone to copy the Scale of any Pendulum Monster on the field, copying Timegazer's Scale of 8. He Pendulum Summons Spirit Tech Force - Pendulum Governor and Spirit Crystal - Salamander Core. Man, Daisuke Namikawa is going to be more hammy than in his role as Kajiki from Duel Monsters (the freaky fishguy). He activates Pendulum Covernor's effect to tribute Salamander Core and copy its effects and using it twice per turn. He uses Salamander Core's effect to destroy Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon and inflict 800 damage to Yuya. Then the Professor uses that effect on Temujin, allowing the Professor to Fusion Summon again. As long as Pendulum Covernor is on the field, monsters whose Level are between the Professor's two Scales cannot attack, sealing Alexander from attacking. And Pendulum Covernor's Monster Effect prevents any non-Pendulum Monster from attacking it anyway, so even Cesar cannot harm Pendulum Governor (who has 2800 ATK to begin with and is stronger than Alexander and Cesar from the start). Since it seems that nobody can attack during their first turn, the Professor sets a card and end his turn.

Meanwhile, Edo and Kaito recover from Yuya's outrage/gekirin. Since Kaito is aware of Yuto being inside of Yuya, he knows that Yuya has some mysterious power. The ARC-V is starting to work, causing the four girls to panic and pissing Yuya off. After some "Yuya-Yuzu-Yuto-Ruri"-exchange, Z-ARC is trying to awaken from Yuya's body and we get a lot of reaction shots (how many reaction shots can this episode possibly have?) Reiji is trying to calm Yuya down, while Yuya and Yuto are trying to suppress Z-ARC. Yuya barely manages it and Pendulum Summons Odd-Eyes Pendulum. Then he Normal Summon Entermate Yugolem, but Z-ARC awakens again. He uses Yugolem's Monster Effect to (guess what) fuse it with Odd-Eyes Pendulum to Fusion Summon Entermate Gatlinghoul. (So, are both materials in the Graveyard now?) Gatlinghoul seems to be the first "evil" Entermate... and appropriately, he looks like Mr. Hyde. If Fusion Summoned successfully (does Dark Contract with the Monopoly Seal even work on Yuya?), Gatlinghoul inflicts 200 damage for each card on the field, inflicting 2400 damage to the Professor. With the Pendulum Summoned Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon being used as a Fusion Material for Gatlinghoul, Yuya is targetting Pendulum Governor to destroy it and inflict 2800 damage to the Professor and win the duel. Well, since the Professor has a set card, it's probably not going to work. Meanwhile Yusyo is struggling to believe he raised his son to revive Z-ARC.

As shitty as this episode was drawn, there were three good shots at the end of the episode. Really? Only three? The artstyle was so shitty that some of Reiji's monster look fat (especially Temujin).

The Professor's deck look really troublesome. Reiji's swarming skills never fail to impress, but his trio always serves as jobbers for the most part. But at least his skills are as enjoyable as Atem's. Yuya does his usual "I summon one powerful" monster routine like he is Kaiba or something. Whether the Professor is going to be as troublesome as Dartz/Yubel/Fujiwara/Goodwin/Faker/DonK is still up in the air. Most duels in ARC-V end in OTKs, and Yuya being Yuya, he does attempt it this episode again. I hope this duel is going to be long, and since Yuri vs Yugo is still parallel to this one, we might get some interruption the next few weeks.

Preview:
    Spoiler Alert!

-Good art.
    -Reiji tries to calm Yuya down.
    -Yuya is struggling to fight Z-ARC's awakening. And he has Odd-Eyes Pendulum on his Monster Zone, but no Gatlinghoul.
    -Bracelet Girl reaction shot... again.
    -Yuya/Z-ARC using Allen's rollerblades to grab an Action Card.
    -Hell Armageddon returns... but apparently on the Professor's field.
    -It looks like the girls, or at least Ruri, are going to disappear.
    -Yuzu's talk seems to bring Yuya back to his senses.
    Last edited by KingJinzo; 23rd October 2016 at 03:53 PM.
    I FUCKING HATE DUB NAMES! I HATE DUB NAMES SO MUCH!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spoiler Alert!
    Damn was this episode mean to us. So much talk to strech the duel and hype the professors deck. At least the D/D companion got 2 new support card. 2 good ones to begin with. A tuner that is a foolish burial? A searchable continoues multi-purpose Dimension Barrier? I guess this will be pretty good if it ever comes out in the TCG.
    On another note, they did a really good job at surprising us with the Pendulum cards of the Professor. The only thing that matters is:
    Will we get the complete deck of a villan for once?

Entermate Yugolem is fucking terrifying, it entertains as much as an killer-clown tbh.

And the fusion? We all have predicted that we will get Entermate XYZ becasue odd-eyes have mostly Fusions and the Magicians have Synchro. But apperently Yuya likes Yugo way too much. The shots between a fricking gattling gun tearing Leo apart and smiling egao Yuya were brilliant and converted the evil perfectly.

Also, Yugioh confirms that this is not a kids show

Warera wa hitotsu ni

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EmperorShun View Post
    Entermate Yugolem is fucking terrifying, it entertains as much as an killer-clown tbh.
    You mean Gatlinghoul.
    Last edited by KingJinzo; 23rd October 2016 at 03:26 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingJinzo View Post
    You mean Gattlinghoul.
    Both of those creatures. But i meant Yugolem with the first one. Gattlinghoul reminds me of that creepy doctor out of "Who framed roger rabbit"
    Warera wa hitotsu ni

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EmperorShun View Post
    Damn was this episode mean to us. So much talk to strech the duel and hype the professors deck.
    The same happened with Atem & Kaiba vs Dartz.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spoiler Alert!
    Finally Yuya embraces the true entertainment. Fear and despair. Violence and anger. Entertainment is meant to be enjoyed by the person making it. Not other people.
    Vector = best character in zexal
    Yuuri is better though and the best character in arc v.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice duel so far, I really want to see more of the Spirit non-Spirit monsters (this'll get pretty confusing for sure). The animations were pretty shitty though. They actually didn't even show how Spirit Tech Force - Pendulum Governor destroyed Temujin and Odd-Eyes (which was the reason Yuya could Fusion Summon in the first place), and if I'm not mistaken, Odd-Eyes was shown on the field while he was actually destroyed.

I'm curious about D/D Ghost, wheter he can send any D/D or Dark Contract card to the grave, or just a copy of 1 already being in the graveyard, when it get's printed. The second option would make him obsolete, if the banlist hits D/D harder. But a level 2 Synchro gives options for a level 9 or 10 Synchro, which we'll hopefully see during the next 2 episodes.

You'll never be "Kurosaki Shun riding a backflipping Revolution Falcon then jumping on a driving motorcycle"-cool.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yshipster View Post
    Nice duel so far, I really want to see more of the Spirit non-Spirit monsters (this'll get pretty confusing for sure). The animations were pretty shitty though. They actually didn't even show how Spirit Tech Force - Pendulum Governor destroyed Temujin and Odd-Eyes (which was the reason Yuya could Fusion Summon in the first place), and if I'm not mistaken, Odd-Eyes was shown on the field while he was actually destroyed.

I'm curious about D/D Ghost, wheter he can send any D/D or Dark Contract card to the grave, or just a copy of 1 already being in the graveyard, when it get's printed. The second option would make him obsolete, if the banlist hits D/D harder. But a level 2 Synchro gives options for a level 9 or 10 Synchro, which we'll hopefully see during the next 2 episodes.
    Salamander core's effect was used. http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Spirit_...alamander_Core. Governer used "Once per turn: You can target 1 "Spirit Crystal" monster that was Pendulum Summoned from the hand and whose monster effect was not used; Tribute that monster, and if you do, you can use the targeted monster's effects up to 2 times." so he used the effect of salamander core twice to pop both.
    Vector = best character in zexal
    Yuuri is better though and the best character in arc v.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by darkgod789 View Post
    Salamander core's effect was used. http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Spirit_...alamander_Core. Governer used "Once per turn: You can target 1 "Spirit Crystal" monster that was Pendulum Summoned from the hand and whose monster effect was not used; Tribute that monster, and if you do, you can use the targeted monster's effects up to 2 times." so he used the effect of salamander core twice to pop both.
    I know, but they didn't show it. As someone who didn't understand japanese, I was pretty confused when Yuya suddenly Pendulum Summoned Odd-Eyes for the second time, since I thought he was still on the field.

You'll never be "Kurosaki Shun riding a backflipping Revolution Falcon then jumping on a driving motorcycle"-cool.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yugolem has a good Pendulum Effect. I hope it keeps it in the OCG/TCG.