User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ARC-V Episode 130 Discussion: Edo's Glory D!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indytotof View Post
    Episodes 132 and 133 leaked infos.

Spoiler Alert!

And it's a two parter Yuri vs Yusho
    somebody translate this pls

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NassX View Post
    somebody translate this pls
    Spoiler Alert!
    132: Kidai no Entertainer - The Peerless Entertainer, November 20, 2016
    Possessing overwhelming strength and sporting a wicked smile on his face, Yuri sets his eyes on his next target: Yuya...!! In order to stop him, Yusyo confronts Yuri. A fierce battle between Yusyo and Yuri unfolds.

133: Kagayakashiki Entame Show - A Dazzling Entertainment Show, November 27, 2016
    Yusyo drives Yuri into a corner with his Entertainment Dueling, while Yuya desperately tries to suppress Zarc, who is consuming him. As he proudly watches Yusyo's Duel, Yuya is able to regain his true self. However, even though he is driven into a corner by Yusyo, Yuri continues to sport a wicked smile...

copied from the post for those summaries: Yes there is a post, and yes, I am a link to it

You'll never be "Kurosaki Shun riding a backflipping Revolution Falcon then jumping on a driving motorcycle"-cool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingJinzo View Post
    Maybe he can use it only on one person once. I mean Yuya's pins has to be active all the time. So it probably cannot do the same to another person unless you cancel it on the first one.
    Quote Originally Posted by yshipster View Post
    Yep, that card was a prototype and therefore unique. If you want to have two at once active, you would need two cards as well.
    I heard the reason for its illegality was that the solid vision did not go away. Meaning that there would be nothing stopping him from using it again. And if, in theory, he could use it only once, that fails to answer my first question-- why would he waste it on his son, instead of using it on a much greater threat.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iNfiniTe Se7eNz View Post
    I heard the reason for its illegality was that the solid vision did not go away. Meaning that there would be nothing stopping him from using it again. And if, in theory, he could use it only once, that fails to answer my first question-- why would he waste it on his son, instead of using it on a much greater threat.
    You mean Yuri right? I'm pretty sure that he didn't realize that Yuri and Yugo were dueling until he met up with Kite and Aster.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That and that Yusyo can't be in two rooms at the same time. Just look how slow he is now. And Zarc was at the verge to completely consume Yuya/Yuto.
    I FUCKING HATE DUB NAMES! I HATE DUB NAMES SO MUCH!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingJinzo View Post
    That and that Yusyo can't be in two rooms at the same time. Just look how slow he is now. And Zarc was at the verge to completely consume Yuya/Yuto.
    On the contrary, Yuya was doing a pretty damn good fighting it off, especially when Yuzu was talking. He was being consumed by anger because Leo was murdering his waifu, Yuto's waifu, his friend, and the fourth lookalike right in front of him. Hell, if he had used it on Leo right away, Zarc wouldn't have taken hold at all. What the hell is his thought process anyways? "I'm going to find Yuri and Yugo, so let me just pin my son to a column, leave the enemy aside for now, and let Reiji handle things even though he just about got his ass handed to him in the duel." Which naturally leads to Leo promptly fucking off instead of say, taking advantage of the fact that Yuya is pinned to a column to do something to prevent Zarc's revival.

My point is, it's fucking stupid. And that's not even getting into the fact that literally the only point of Kaito and Edo's intrusion into the duel was to waste Yugo's card advantage, instead of, oh, I don't know, directing their efforts at negating the actual threat.

I might also mention how they present Edo as being all buddy-buddy with Yugo, acting like they have some kind of deep friendship when they literally only talked for 30 seconds one time.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yusho was busy processing what the hell was going on. Remember, he thought that he could talk Leo out of this, so it's not a stretch to imagine that he thought that Leo would behave rationally (not that this make it any less naive).

Yugo kinda WAS threatening them, so it's self preservation and technically eliminating the problem at the same time; they're trying to take at least one of them down, it didn't necessarily matter which one. They're also both trying to carry on Yuya's way of thinking; talking to Yugo through a Duel, something that Aster happened to be better with; Kite was just setting up optimal conditions (he DID nick Starving Venom after all).

As for being buddy buddy, a big part of Aster's logic is that Yuya and Yugo are similar people, which is likely why Aster acts so familiar with him, and they did have time to talk off screen with everything that's gone on.

Now, as for my thoughts of the episode...mostly excellent, with only the animation (presumably a side effect of Greedy Venom's debut) dragging it down. Kite only got one turn, but damn if he didn't make it count; he countered almost EVERYTHING Yugo did . Aster, damn he was glorious. It's like his duel with Adrian all over again, and Dusktopia was an unforseen but utterly fantastic monster. The counters were beautiful to watch, no matter how much of it, and it was a welcome surprise to see Yuri pull out Greedy Venom using Super Polymerization (I expected him to use his Predaplant, I forget which one).

But...these are two characters from GX and ZEXAL going up against Yugo and Yuri. Don't get me wrong, this episode was real goddamn good, but I feel that it should have been far more EPIC. These kinds of moments in the series are what I LIVE for.

Ah well. JACK ATLAS still has time to shine.
    Last edited by Sanokal; 8th November 2016 at 07:24 AM.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yusyo's cards aims for the person who attacks, not on the person who is attacked, so it doesn't work that way.

Also, only a selective few of Academia characters (the Professor, Barrett, Dennis and Roget) are shown to be aware of how dangerous Yuri is. The only good people who are aware of him being a danger are Yuzu, Rin and Ruri, but we don't know how much they know about that. Not even Sora, Asuka and Edo know him well, and giving that Yuri is isolated from most of Academia, not many people would know about that special soldier. Sora is well-known, Asuka was popular, but Yuri is the opposite of her and almost like a phantom. It's not far fetched to believe that not even Obelisk Force who work for him know him that well and only listen to his commands because he is their superior. Roget, Barrett and der Doktor are the only people shown to a hunch of Revival Zero, at least how they appear to me.

Yusyo, the Lancers and Kaito have almost no idea who Yuri is, and this is the first episode where Yusyo meets Yuri. Edo could have focuses on Yuri instead of Yugo, but that would have not bring Yugo back to his senses and Yuri would have summoned Greedy Venom during Edo's turn anyway, since he could Special Summon Drosophyllum Hydra from his hand. Kaito's plan was to make clear path for Edo (how Edo would have done that is beyond me, though), and if he had attacked Yuri instead, Ra knows what kind of Fusion Monsters lie in his Extra Deck. With SuperPoly on the field, Yuri had infinite possibilities to create. Even it is not from GX, the ARC-V version is shown to absorb the energy of carded humans, so it is similar to the ARC-V machine. The thing however is that Kaito and Edo aren't aware of Yuri's evil character and skills, and after learning of Zarc, bringing Yugo back had more priority.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because it's not like Leo attacked an entire dimension of innocent people, right?

Asuka clearly knew his threat based on her response, and he could have taken the hint.

Kaito and Edo both knew Yugo was not a bad guy. They do know that Yuri is an agent of Academia. That's reason enough to target him. Yes, getting Yugo back to his senses is a goal, but it should be secondary to eliminating Yuri regardless of how little they know about him, simply because of his affiliation. And it seemed that mentioning Rin more than anything else is what de-triggered Yugo.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iNfiniTe Se7eNz View Post
    Because it's not like Leo attacked an entire dimension of innocent people, right?

Asuka clearly knew his threat based on her response, and he could have taken the hint.

Kaito and Edo both knew Yugo was not a bad guy. They do know that Yuri is an agent of Academia. That's reason enough to target him. Yes, getting Yugo back to his senses is a goal, but it should be secondary to eliminating Yuri regardless of how little they know about him, simply because of his affiliation. And it seemed that mentioning Rin more than anything else is what de-triggered Yugo.
    What's the point of sealing the Professor when someone more dangerous like Zarc is running around? The ARC-V would do its work regardless, so sealing him won't do a thing, while Zarc would run havoc. In the end, Zarc did overwhelm Yuya/Yuto because of their anger. Yusyo seems to be confident that Reiji is going to be fine with that situation.

Asuka obviously didn't know how dangerous he was, considering she tried to egao him and horribly failed by miscalculating his personality. If she knew how evil and sociopathic he is, she wouldn't have tried that in the first place. Asuka was more like "I will block this path. Sensei, you should go and talk to the Professor", not like "I won't let this maniac take all of us down" and she was clearly not trying to sacrifice herself. The priority at that situation was that Yusyo has to settle things with his former friend, not dealing with a guy he just saw for 30 seconds.

Kaito couldn't do anything to Yuri because Yugo kept interferring. Edo tried to clear Yugo's field to take both down at once, but that was also countered by Yugo. And even if he did aim on Yuri first, Yuri had Super Polymerization on the field and Drosophyllum Hydra in his hand, so he was prepared to block the attack with Greedy Venom. Edo and Kaito had only both one turn, and there is so much someone can do in one turn. The only one who could do something against Yuri was Edo, but if he could bring Yugo back to his senses first, it would be three-on-one. And honestly, I can't even tell how Edo is supposed to beat both of them in one turn. With his burn + direct damage strategy, he could have taken down one of them, but I can't see how he can defeat both of them at once. And it would have only worked on Yuri, since Yugo's Vidroskull's presence forced Edo to use D - Drag Hammer to change Dystopiaguy's ATK.

As long as Yugo was disrupting Kaito's plays, neither of the two could have defeated Yuri. And as I said, Yuri could defend himself with Greedy Venom or a possibly other unknown Fusion Monster. And Starve Venom's last effect would also have done the same thing, and Clear Wing can't negate effects from the Graveyard, only Crystal Wing can.
    Last edited by KingJinzo; 9th November 2016 at 11:18 PM.