User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ARC-V Episode 130 Discussion: Edo's Glory D!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even if Edo and Kaito directing their attacks towards Yugo instead of Yuri was dumb, considering Yugo wasted his resources, that ended in MASSIVE advantage for the good guys:
    -Kaito had Neo Cipher, Yuri's Starve Venom and Split Guard to protect 1 of their monsters from destruction as long at his field was kept the same.
    -Edo had Duskutopiaguy which could protect 1 of their monsters once a turn.
    -Yugo had Crystal Wing (which he could only Summon thanks to Kaito since Fiend Magnet only worked on opponent's monsters) and 1 set card.
    -Yuri just had Sarraceniant (whose effect would have been useless thanks to Crystal Wing and Split Guard), Hydra (useless since there are no monsters with Predator Counters) in hand and Super Poly set.

If you ignore Yuri had 2 overpowerd cards under his sleeve, they basically had a perfect Field.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingJinzo View Post
    What's the point of sealing the Professor when someone more dangerous like Zarc is running around? The ARC-V would do its work regardless, so sealing him won't do a thing, while Zarc would run havoc.
    Which goes to my previous point: If these swords can stab stuff, why not use them to wreck Arc-V?
    Current decks: Salamangreats, Knightmare Cyberse, and Odd-Eyes Performapals
    Originator of the Tulpa Summon, and the homebrewed cards you use with it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanokal View Post
    Yusho was busy processing what the hell was going on. Remember, he thought that he could talk Leo out of this, so it's not a stretch to imagine that he thought that Leo would behave rationally (not that this make it any less naive).

Yugo kinda WAS threatening them, so it's self preservation and technically eliminating the problem at the same time; they're trying to take at least one of them down, it didn't necessarily matter which one. They're also both trying to carry on Yuya's way of thinking; talking to Yugo through a Duel, something that Aster happened to be better with; Kite was just setting up optimal conditions (he DID nick Starving Venom after all).

As for being buddy buddy, a big part of Aster's logic is that Yuya and Yugo are similar people, which is likely why Aster acts so familiar with him, and they did have time to talk off screen with everything that's gone on.

Now, as for my thoughts of the episode...mostly excellent, with only the animation (presumably a side effect of Greedy Venom's debut) dragging it down. Kite only got one turn, but damn if he didn't make it count; he countered almost EVERYTHING Yugo did . Aster, damn he was glorious. It's like his duel with Adrian all over again, and Dusktopia was an unforseen but utterly fantastic monster. The counters were beautiful to watch, no matter how much of it, and it was a welcome surprise to see Yuri pull out Greedy Venom using Super Polymerization (I expected him to use his Predaplant, I forget which one).

But...these are two characters from GX and ZEXAL going up against Yugo and Yuri. Don't get me wrong, this episode was real goddamn good, but I feel that it should have been far more EPIC. These kinds of moments in the series are what I LIVE for.

Ah well. JACK ATLAS still has time to shine.
    I really loved this episode for how Kite and Aster took their turns and made their plays alone. They really made it something special for me.

The epicness may not have lasted as long as one would have preferred, but them's the breaks for 1-episode Duels that have a lot to cover. What we got was still epic for being confined in a single episode, though, and well worth it. I'm thankful to have had this opportunity.

I'm hoping that since Aster and Kite weren't carded, that the two of them plus Jack will survive long enough to lose against Zarc in a standard "final boss preview" style Duel, like Aporia against Zone and Mizar against Don Thousand. Such a thing would most definitely be epic!

Jack's very likely to be a shoe-in for such a Duel, but I'm hoping he won't hog the spotlight such a Duel would carry all by himself.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    I really loved this episode for how Kite and Aster took their turns and made their plays alone. They really made it something special for me.

The epicness may not have lasted as long as one would have preferred, but them's the breaks for 1-episode Duels that have a lot to cover. What we got was still epic for being confined in a single episode, though, and well worth it. I'm thankful to have had this opportunity.

I'm hoping that since Aster and Kite weren't carded, that the two of them plus Jack will survive long enough to lose against Zarc in a standard "final boss preview" style Duel, like Aporia against Zone and Mizar against Don Thousand. Such a thing would most definitely be epic!

Jack's very likely to be a shoe-in for such a Duel, but I'm hoping he won't hog the spotlight such a Duel would carry all by himself.
    Oh yeah, they definitely made the most of it and didn't hog the spotlight.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's the point of sealing the Professor when someone more dangerous like Zarc is running around? The ARC-V would do its work regardless, so sealing him won't do a thing, while Zarc would run havoc. In the end, Zarc did overwhelm Yuya/Yuto because of their anger. Yusyo seems to be confident that Reiji is going to be fine with that situation.

Asuka obviously didn't know how dangerous he was, considering she tried to egao him and horribly failed by miscalculating his personality. If she knew how evil and sociopathic he is, she wouldn't have tried that in the first place. Asuka was more like "I will block this path. Sensei, you should go and talk to the Professor", not like "I won't let this maniac take all of us down" and she was clearly not trying to sacrifice herself. The priority at that situation was that Yusyo has to settle things with his former friend, not dealing with a guy he just saw for 30 seconds.

Kaito couldn't do anything to Yuri because Yugo kept interferring. Edo tried to clear Yugo's field to take both down at once, but that was also countered by Yugo. And even if he did aim on Yuri first, Yuri had Super Polymerization on the field and Drosophyllum Hydra in his hand, so he was prepared to block the attack with Greedy Venom. Edo and Kaito had only both one turn, and there is so much someone can do in one turn. The only one who could do something against Yuri was Edo, but if he could bring Yugo back to his senses first, it would be three-on-one. And honestly, I can't even tell how Edo is supposed to beat both of them in one turn. With his burn + direct damage strategy, he could have taken down one of them, but I can't see how he can defeat both of them at once. And it would have only worked on Yuri, since Yugo's Vidroskull's presence forced Edo to use D - Drag Hammer to change Dystopiaguy's ATK.

As long as Yugo was disrupting Kaito's plays, neither of the two could have defeated Yuri. And as I said, Yuri could defend himself with Greedy Venom or a possibly other unknown Fusion Monster. And Starve Venom's last effect would also have done the same thing, and Clear Wing can't negate effects from the Graveyard, only Crystal Wing can.
    Because incapacitating the leader of an organization weakens said organization and makes it easier to disrupt their operations?

Not to mention removing Yuzu from danger allows Yuya to suppress Zarc.

And Yusho should have known that Reiji is powerless to stop Leo considering the duel that just happened.

Tackling him into a wall and locking him behind a gate is a fairly extreme action for one of the good guys. If she thought he was "just another student," she wouldn't have done that. She didn't know him entirely, sure, but she knew enough to realize that he was a far greater threat than your average mook. She also knew that he WAN TAAN, FABIU KIRU the Yusho students.

They barely bothered at all to talk him down (again, mentioning Rin is what de-triggered Yugo), and there are a few things that could have gone differently. Kaito could have Cipher Projection'd Starve Venom, and sure Yugo could have responded with Dichroic Mirror, but that would be fucking stupid. Attack Yuri directly, and then attempt to use Reversal Attack with Starve Venom to kill Clear Wing, which would kill Starve Venom and blow up Galaxy-Eyes and Clear Wing, which would end up with Kaito dead, Yuri at 1000, and Yugo at 1500. Edo could then burn Yuri for game, and if he couldn't talk down Yugo, he would have a major advantage over him with Clear Wing dead, not to mention the real danger is already gone.

Alternatively, had Edo gone first, he could have killed Starve Venom, negated the damage with Decision Guy, and Kaito would have been able to take out Yuri. Yugo would be able to summon Vidroskull and attack Galaxy-Eyes, but RUM Cipher Shock negates monster effects, so Yugo would end up killing himself.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A bunch of swords wouldn't be enough to destroy a gigantic machine.
    And even though the effect doesn't specify that, it is obvious that the swords are aiming for the attacker, so there was no choice for options. Using it on Yuri wouldn't make sense since it requires Yusyo to be present, and that would make Asuka's attempt to buy them time pointless if Yusyo stayed there. Yusyo could have used it on the Professor if he was going to win, but Zarc turned the tables in the end.

The Professor could still command his force even when he is sealed, and since he is the creator of the card, he probably knows a way to cancel it. Preventing Zarc from becoming one with Yugo and Yuri and destroy everything had higher priority in Yusyo's opinion, especially since he didn't want to lose his son to the devil at that point.

Yusyo left the rest to Reiji because he knows that Reiji has potential to grow in this situation. Story-wise, Reiji didn't evolve much in dueling. This is perfect opportunity for him to grow as a duelist. Reiji is the kind of guy who would learn from his mistakes.
    Last edited by KingJinzo; 11th November 2016 at 05:56 AM.
    I FUCKING HATE DUB NAMES! I HATE DUB NAMES SO MUCH!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A bunch of swords wouldn't be enough to destroy a gigantic machine.
    And even though the effect doesn't specify that, it is obvious that the swords are aiming for the attacker, so there was no choice for options. Using it on Yuri wouldn't make sense since it requires Yusyo to be present, and that would make Asuka's attempt to buy them time pointless if Yusyo stayed there. Yusyo could have used it on the Professor if he was going to win, but Zarc turned the tables in the end.
    They could gag him. Is it explicitly stated that Leo made that card? And even if he did, he couldn't disable if immobilized.

Actually, Yuya (when calm) or Reiji could have just asked their monster to break open the containers with the Ruris, because monsters are pretty good about safe handling of people.

Generally not a good idea to have someone who just had their ass handed to them go back in the exact same scenario. There's a difference between "learning from mistakes" and "mistakes you can't learn from because you're doomed now." A moot point, anyways, since Leo just flew away on his chair because he was basically left scot-free.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was a good episode! High profile characters and an endless amount of boss monsters. We saw Galaxy Eyes Cipher, Neo Galaxy Eyes Cipher, Dystopiaguy, Duskutopiaguy, Clear Wing, Crystal Wing, Starving Venom and Greedy Venom all in one episode and in one duel. Like Sanokal said, they countered each other beautifully.

At first I didn't understand why Kaito and Edo were going all out against Yugo because Yuri is the far bigger threat. But I realized that Edo still thought he could reach Yugo and snap him out of Zarc's control so that's why he focused on him. And Edo even said something to the effect I will make you egao too Yuri so it seems like Yuri was also in Edo's mind but Yugo was priority. And while it was obvious who Edo was going to save, I'm still a bit disappointed he chose Yugo. Because I'm sure Yugo will succumb to Zarc's control again while dueling Yuri and getting angry again. So Edo and Kaito's efforts will still most likely go to waste.

I like how Synchros kind of got their own Super Poly in Speedroid Fiendmagnet because this little guy can Synchro Summon using opponents monsters.

So looks Ray will take over Reira. Reira vs Reiji should be very interesting if they let Reira and Reiji go all out.
    A Fallen Hero Is The Best Kind of Villain

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKaash View Post
    At first I didn't understand why Kaito and Edo were going all out against Yugo because Yuri is the far bigger threat. But I realized that Edo still thought he could reach Yugo and snap him out of Zarc's control so that's why he focused on him. And Edo even said something to the effect I will make you egao too Yuri so it seems like Yuri was also in Edo's mind but Yugo was priority. And while it was obvious who Edo was going to save, I'm still a bit disappointed he chose Yugo. Because I'm sure Yugo will succumb to Zarc's control again while dueling Yuri and getting angry again. So Edo and Kaito's efforts will still most likely go to waste.
    Well, for us audience, Yuri was hyped a lot, but for characters like Edo and Kaito, they have no idea how dangerous he really is. Edo was more familiar with Yugo than with Yuri, and since Edo himself took time to be egao'd and Yugo was already on the good side, he could connect better with Yugo than with the fellow Academia student he may never met before.
    I FUCKING HATE DUB NAMES! I HATE DUB NAMES SO MUCH!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, for us audience, Yuri was hyped a lot, but for characters like Edo and Kaito, they have no idea how dangerous he really is. Edo was more familiar with Yugo than with Yuri, and since Edo himself took time to be egao'd and Yugo was already on the good side, he could connect better with Yugo than with the fellow Academia student he may never met before.
    Right, your logic is correct. No one is aware of how evil Yuri over there except Sora. Edo knows Yugo from walking around with him so he can get through to Yugo.

Also I found it kind of funny how Yuri doesn't even know Kaito is. I thought everyone in Academia knew about the huge bounty put on Kaito's head
    A Fallen Hero Is The Best Kind of Villain