User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Prophecy / Spellbook Thread

Registered User clairedestroyer!'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fate for 2 is naturally the best option for Kozmo. Only 3 cards can survive Kycoo while in DEF, assuming no Power/Star Hall: Destroyer, Strawman, DOG Fighter. DOG is a one-of and Strawman is only an issue because of what it brings out. Even a single counter on star Hall reduces that list to just DOG.

Droll & Lock is another strong option, and even one that works against both decks. Droll can shut down Town or Farmgirl. This deck also (spuriously) as access to Durandal+Droll, through Ptolemaeus. Even without resolving it, just threatening that combo can be enough to stop a player for a turn.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    None of the effects of fate target. That should make kozmo a manageable matchup.

Also I never understand people playing less than 3 Master. I mean that card is almost never dead and has so many applications. It helps get the engine going if you open sub-optimally, while having anothertrap in it's place would do next to nothing. It also allows you to play comfortably with just 1 of each of the lower utility spells namely Power and Eternity. With just two or one I'd imagine you'd have to be recycling it a lot with tower to just keep your deck functional.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not really. You banish master with fate and use eternity to grab master back, master copies eternity and gets back secrets. You keep your grave full of fate fodder without emptying your deck of decent draws. At least that's how I look at it.

Master has been fine at 2 for me. Every Spellbook more or less has an OPT clause so I'd rather not increase the chance of having a clogged hand if I can avoid it. Master mainly exists to be extra resources to banish for Fate while replacing itself with another Spellbook. So long as you have enough eternity, you shouldn't have an issue with running out of master.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do you all feel about teching Spellbooks into a Prophecy-free spellcaster deck?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Updated the latter part of the OP and fixed Priestess' image. Having fun with Magical Abductor Spellbook decks. Such a wonderful card~

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Volteccer View Post
    How do you all feel about teching Spellbooks into a Prophecy-free spellcaster deck?

This is typically how you do it nowadays. Unfortunately the Prophecy Monsters ended up not very good. Pendulum themes really overpower Priestess' removal, World and Reaper were never consistent decks, and so its become better to just focus on non-Prophecy builds. Like Abductor / spellbook!