User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [SD31] Startime Magician

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That seem fairly easy to summon. Just Tune Magician into any Level 4 or Rescue Rabbit into Dragonpulse. The effects are both offer really good search/recicling and protection.

The only thing I'm extremely confused is the Org's name choice here. Sure, the art combines elements from both Stargazer and Timegazer (both cards that can't become material, ironically enough), but the second kanji in this card's name is clearly "mark" instead of "time". I have no idea why they decided to go with this instead of Starmark Magician.

I wonder how will they go about that if the Fusion or the Synchro is named Timemark Magician. I guess they would go with Timestar Magician to keep it consistent with this one? Or maybe they would fix Starmark's name altogether, which would be a better choice imo. But then again, we have Timebreaker Magician but no Starbreaker, so it's still possible there will be no Timemark Magician.

EDIT: Just checked and this card only has 4 possible material. Wisdom-Eye, Xiangsheng, Tune and Dragonpulse. That's a pretty low pool.
    Last edited by Comun; 20th November 2016 at 03:30 PM.
    IRL Decks: Pure Artifact, Lyrilusc (work in progress) and futurely Time Thief
    Online: Trap Monster, Trickstar, Eyes Restrict
    Pre-Link Format: DDD, Heraldic Beast, Chronomaly

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    That seem fairly easy to summon. Just Tune Magician into any Level 4 or Rescue Rabbit into Dragonpulse. The effects are both offer really good search/recicling and protection.

The only thing I'm extremely confused is the Org's name choice here. Sure, the art combines elements from both Stargazer and Timegazer (both cards that can't become material, ironically enough), but the second kanji in this card's name is clearly "mark" instead of "time". I have no idea why they decided to go with this instead of Starmark Magician.

I wonder how will they go about that if the Fusion or the Synchro is named Timemark Magician. I guess they would go with Timestar Magician to keep it consistent with this one? Or maybe they would fix Starmark's name altogether, which would be a better choice imo. But then again, we have Timebreaker Magician but no Starbreaker, so it's still possible there will be no Timemark Magician.

EDIT: Just checked and this card only has 4 possible material. Wisdom-Eye, Xiangsheng, Tune and Dragonpulse. That's a pretty low pool.
    You forgot the 3 new Magicians. Iris, Black Fang and Venom.
    Warera wa hitotsu ni

Registered User Voltanis The Adjudicator's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post

What... about... the four new Magicians that were just released? In this very Structure Deck? That's 8 total and 3 of those new 4 are really good and are basically insta-picks for a Magician deck.

In any case, this card adds insane consistency to an already pretty good searching deck. The ability to facilitate OTKs with this thing is nuts. Abusing Iris, Fang and Poison's Pendulum effects over and over, along with Apprentice Illusion Magician if you're running a DM combo like I am, means you can easily deal over 8000 damage on turn 2. Also, this card itself is a decent choice for Black Fang's revival effect, since even though you won't get any searching, being able to protect your Pendulums at the low and often useful cost of milling a Spellcaster is really useful. Plus 2400 ATK is decent stats.
    @EmperorShun
    And you forgot about White Wing, since Startime doesn't require Dark, only Pendulum. Not that White Wing is nearly as good as the others.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LolsterXD97 View Post
    Probably only a Fusion. The Synchro probably will be an Enlightment Paladin reprint (glad now we can use it consistently with this Deck).

Talking about the Xyz itself I didn't expect it to be sekrit Exodia support of all things.
    It depends, if the Fusion is also a "Magician" monster, then they have to do a new one.
    I don't think they'll give us 2 Magicians and 1 Paladin.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by darkgod789 View Post
    The original pendulum magicians were dark if i remember correctly. Also 3 of the 4 dimensional dragons are dark so it sorta makes sense.
    It still doesn't make sense to just support DARK Spellcasters, since the original Pendulum Magicians had all 6 attributes and even the new batch has a non-DARK member. It'd be much less abusable and actually more useful to the theme if it just supported "Magician" Pendulum Monsters.

As it stands I can see this thing being the centerpiece of some unorthodox Exodia deck that relies on searching its pieces rather than straight drawing. Startime isn't even hard OPT, just soft, meaning 5 summons of this is enough to win the game.

At least this card itself isn't a Pendulum, and therefore cannot be used as Material for itself with Xiangsheng Magician.
    Last edited by Drakylon; 20th November 2016 at 06:20 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakylon View Post
    It still doesn't make sense to just support DARK Spellcasters, since the original Pendulum Magicians had all 6 attributes and even the new batch has a non-DARK member. It'd be much less abusable and actually more useful to the theme if it just supported "Magician" Pendulum Monsters.

As it stands I can see this thing being the centerpiece of some unorthodox Exodia deck that relies on searching its pieces rather than straight drawing. Startime isn't even hard OPT, just soft, meaning 5 summons of this is enough to win the game.

At least this card itself isn't a Pendulum, and therefore cannot be used as Material for itself with Xiangsheng Magician.
    The main reason for not being more than dark support is because of their role in the anime story. The other ones are game original.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How you gonna' summon 5 of a card? Sure, it can recycle itself, but then you're not getting the Exodia piece.
    Also, it works wonders in a Dark Magician variant, just saying.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Disappointed that its a Magician and Not a Paladin
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltanis The Adjudicator View Post
    How you gonna' summon 5 of a card? Sure, it can recycle itself, but then you're not getting the Exodia piece.
    Also, it works wonders in a Dark Magician variant, just saying.
    Sure, summoning 5 of this might be a stretch, but if you can manage to protect each Startime you Summon for one turn, you can get 2 pieces per Startime = 5 pieces in 5 or fewer turns. Especially when you consider the new Magicians, all of which can help protect this card as it searches and then can be recycled next turn through a Pendulum Summon to get out another Startime. Pendulumgraph helps keep the engine running by replacing destroyed Magicians with new ones.

This card is just notable for being the first (I believe) non-universal searcher that can search Exodia pieces instantly, with no condition.

Fortunately (for the health of the game) Royal Magic Library is a LIGHT monster, so turbo-Startime Exodia likely won't be a thing. Hopefully.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure, summoning 5 of this might be a stretch, but if you can manage to protect each Startime you Summon for one turn, you can get 2 pieces per Startime = 5 pieces in 5 or fewer turns. Especially when you consider the new Magicians, all of which can help protect this card as it searches and then can be recycled next turn through a Pendulum Summon to get out another Startime. Pendulumgraph helps keep the engine running by replacing destroyed Magicians with new ones.

This card is just notable for being the first (I believe) non-universal searcher that can search Exodia pieces instantly, with no condition.

Fortunately (for the health of the game) Royal Magic Library is a LIGHT monster, so turbo-Startime Exodia likely won't be a thing. Hopefully.
    I agree that it being such a generic searcher is a big step in the history of the game, but I don't think it will have much impact on Exodia decks since they're already FTKs, making this variant much slower than they would be normally.