User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ARC-V Episode 133 Discussion: The Continuous Magic Show

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ARC-V Episode 133 Discussion: The Continuous Magic Show

What I learned on Monday was that Tristan is the better Pokémon Trainer than Joey. (Although, Jounouchi swept the entire Sinnoh League with just Darkrai and Latios.)

Last time on Yuya no Basuke, Yusyo exposed Yuri's Kirifuda. In this episode, the effect of Clearvoyance continues, Super Polymerization is shuffled back into Yuri's deck, while Yusyo draws two cards and ends his turn by setting one backrow. The entertainer asks his opponent if he's ENJOYing the duel, and he does. Yuri hasn't found an opponent who amused him that much like Yugo (which just happened not long ago). The Judai-wannabe draws and summons Predator Plants - Teppoulizard and activates the Continuous Spell Seed Cannon Salvo to send a Level 4 or lower Predator Plants (in this case, the Level 1 Cordyceps) to inflict 300 damage to Yusyo (and do some other nasty stuff), but Sky Magician's effect returns Magician's Right Hand back to Yusyo's hand, which allows him to activate the Magician's Left Hand which effect negates and destroys Seed Cannon Salvo (Does that actually happen within the resolution of Sky Magician's effect? Otherwise the strategy wouldn't work, something that I was wondering since last episode.), and giving Sky Magician yet another boost. At this moment, Yuya has already returned to normal, something that relieves his basketball captain. However, the final effect of Seed Cannon Salvo would destroy the opponent's cards up to the number of PP Yuri is controlling, so he is aiming for Magician's Left Hand, but Yusyo activates his Entermate Sky Ring to negate the card that would destroy his card while he controls a Spellcaster-Type Entermate monster.
    Spoiler Alert!

However, Yuri activates the Continuous Spell Card Ivy Bind Castle to negate all face-up cards Yusyo controls and none of his monsters are capable of attacking, and he takes 800 damage for each monster he controls. Despite the dire situation, Yusyo simply treats it as some kind of escape act and Yuri is basically participating as well.

Reira is wondering why Yuya is talking to himself now, but Reiji correctly assumes that he is talking to Yuto who hasn't been completely freed from the inner darkness. Yuya tells Yuto a flashback about how he saw his father dueling at the stadium for the first time (RITUAL MONSTER CAMEO!), where Sky Magician was trapped inside a cage. In short he BelieveXBelieve that his father is going to escape again. The second act begins and Yuri is applauding for that, then Yusyo takes 800 Burn! damage in the Standby Phase and uses that as part of his act. And suddenly, Sky Magician has escaped the Ivy Bind Prison, similarly how he escaped in Yuya's flashback, but how did he escape? If Sky Magician leaves the field, he can destroy 1 Spell Card on the field, which in case is Ivy Bind Prison. But how did he leave the field? Yusyo Special Summoned Entermate Sky Pupil by returning Sky Magician to his hand. The escape act is done (which upsets Yuri), but the FUN HAS JUST STARTED!

Yusyo activates the Continuous Spell Card Magician's Encore, and since he controls only 1 Spellcaster-Type monster and nothing else, he Special Summons Revue Dancer from his Graveyard, tributing her to Tribute Summon Sky Magician a second time. The entertainer flies with his two monsters in the sky and activates Magician's Left Hand to give Sky Magician an ATK boost from his own effect and starts the Battle Phase. Sky Magician attacks Teppoulizard and Sky Pupil attacks Cephalotus Snail (I actually forgot that he has it on the field) and doubles his own ATK thanks to the presence of his master, while also negating Cephalotus Snail's effect which would have prevented its destruction with its Kiseki effect. The second acts ends with a set card.

While impressed by the Entertainment Duel, Yuri is not completely egao'd yet, and he is still confident in his victory. He draws a card and is smiling wickedly, something that definitively freaks Reiji and Layra a bit out, but Yuya is still believing in his father. Yuri asks Yuya whether he wants to become one with him, but Yuya definitively doesn't want to. However, Yuri assures that he will become with him like Yugo did, saying its their fate. Yusyo doesn't believe in fate and says that everyone can build their future with their own hands. However, Yuri simply tells him that he is wrong. His true Kirifuda wasn't Super Polymerization/Chou Yugou.

Yuri activates Cordiceps effect by banishing it and revives the Level 4 Cephalotus Snail and Level 3 Teppoulizard, and the latter in turn lets him draw 1 card. He activates his true Kirifuda, Transcendental Polymerization/Chouetsu Yugou, paying 1000 Life Points in the process. It lets him target two Fusion Materials listed on a Fusion Monster he controls, uses both targets for the Fusion Summon of a Fusion Monster and he can revives the Materials, but their ATK become 0. And if he does, he can apply one of Chouetsu Yugou's two effects, and he chooses that one of his monsters become a Tuner Monster. In short, this card allows him to summon Starve Venom and Clear Wing while also drawing 1 card through Teppoulizard. The presence of two dragons causes Yuya and Yuto to freak out as usual, and Yusyo activates the Continuous Trap Card Sky Illusion to protect his Spellcaster-Type monsters from battle and card destruction, and only Sky Magician is the Spellcaster-Type Monster Yuri can target for attacks. But that doesn't stop Yuri to do his fearsome combo and the dreadful combined power of his two HANATE-ed monster. He activates Starve Venom's second effect to negate and steal Sky Magician's effect, but Yuri negates Starve Venom's effect with Clear Wing and boosting its ATK. But the combo doesn't end here. By sending Yusyo's two Magician's Hands as costs, Yuri activates his two Continuous Spell Card Fruit of Destruction and Flower of Destruction. Fruit of Destruction reduces Clear Wing's ATK by 3000, which allows him to revive Starve Venom that was destroyed by a card effect this turn. This Special Summon triggers Flower of Destruction's effect and he targets Clear Wing whose ATK is lower than its original ATK, inflicting Burn! damage between the original and current ATK on Yusyo and Sky Magician loses ATK by the amount of damage Yusyo has taken. Since, Clear Wing has not the once per turn restriction in the anime, Yuri repreats the combo over and over again, and with each cycle, Clear Wing's ATK become 200 less than before and the damage Yusyo is taking becomes greater, which weakens Sky Magician even more.

While Yuri is doing the third cycle, the Professor orders the third Kachou Fuugetsu girl to disappear, this time it's the Fuu girl Rin. As Ray's resurrection is still on-going, the Professor hopes for his friend to endure the torture as long as possible until his KIBOU NO HIKARI is revived. Yuto is almost completely consumed by the darkness, and by the fifth cycle, Sky Magician has already lost all of his ATK and you can see the despair of his pupil. Reiji tries to step in, but Yusyo tells him to back off. He is aware that he cannot win, and Yuri offers him to surrender, but Yusyo will stay with the proud as an Entertainer Duelist, hoping that his son will overcome the darkness. Yuri is pissed off and tells him that Yuri is belong to him. (Oh man, the Yaoi fangirls will definitively notice that.) Yuri orders his ace monster to attack Sky Magician, but the attack clearly hit Yusyo. While sent flying, he smiles at son's face to remind to egao. Then he is carded mid-air by Yuri. Yuri holds Yusyo's card while doing a Sora-face and laughs maniaclly, triggering Yuya's awakening who is so angry, that he breaks the pillar behind him and frees himself.

Is there a KIBOU NO HIKARI for Yuya?

Yusyo is definitively an amazing entertainer. He knows how to draw in his opponents in his performance and he is very natural, something what Yuya clearly lacks.

Preview:
    Spoiler Alert!

-Uya is pissed off, while Yugou taunts him.
    -All the four dragons are summoned.
    -Yuto is swallowed by the darkness.
    -Smile World is affecting Yuya.
    -Yuri awakens (more).

BY THE WAY, NO EPISODE NEXT WEEK!!
    Last edited by KingJinzo; 27th November 2016 at 08:22 PM.
    I FUCKING HATE DUB NAMES! I HATE DUB NAMES SO MUCH!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First off: Godammit Hikokubo, the Predaplant Tuner dream is dead. And Transcendental Polymerization was nerfed hard.

Second: Yuri is officially my favorite character in Arc-V and nothing will change that decision. The Yandere dialogue really sold it to me.

Third: Yusho was great, I enjoyed his cards, strategy and Ace Monster. And his ED didn't seem as forced as Yuya's.
    Last edited by LolsterXD97; 27th November 2016 at 07:43 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spoiler Alert!
    I bet yuuri was having fun watching yuya go mad each time the 2 dragons appeared. Yuuya goes back to semi normal when starve venom leaves the field but then goes mad again when it re-appears. This happens 5 times as well. The way yuuri won is sheer bloody entertainment and shows that his brand of entertainment is the best. Not the lame Egao of the sakaki family but sadistic burn. Vector is still a little better because of the way he trolled the hell out of yuma, nasch, merag, alit and gilag but yuuri is still a blast to watch.

Thank you for joining the cult of true sadistic entertainment and we hope you enjoy your stay.
    Vector = best character in zexal
    Yuuri is better though and the best character in arc v.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another Yuri duel and still no Predator Plant fusion. I hold out foolish hope he actually summons one in his next duel(which could be his last for a while). I'm also hoping to see one more PK Xyz at least. Yugo got to have 4 Speedroid synchros...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Although both duelists plays were pretty good (even if Yusyo basically runs a lockdown strategy), the animations this episode were horrible.

Spoiler Alert!
    Yuri's cards are 100% not printed, except the 2 monsters maybe, and those were also really bad. It feels like we're reaching a ZeXal level of stupid Spells/Traps. Next episode we'll see all 4 dragons, and maybe (hopefully) in 2 weeks we see OERD vs Clear Wing-Starving Venom-Fusion (or the duel get's canceled by Zarc/Leo/...).

You'll never be "Kurosaki Shun riding a backflipping Revolution Falcon then jumping on a driving motorcycle"-cool.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yshipster View Post
    Although both duelists plays were pretty good (even if Yusyo basically runs a lockdown strategy), the animations this episode were horrible.

Spoiler Alert!
    Yuri's cards are 100% not printed, except the 2 monsters maybe, and those were also really bad. It feels like we're reaching a ZeXal level of stupid Spells/Traps. Next episode we'll see all 4 dragons, and maybe (hopefully) in 2 weeks we see OERD vs Clear Wing-Starving Venom-Fusion (or the duel get's canceled by Zarc/Leo/...).
    It actually looked fine. Not the best, but not actually horribly drawn. I saw worse art.

The next episode will be in 2 weeks, by the way.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingJinzo View Post
    It actually looked fine. Not the best, but not actually horribly drawn. I saw worse art.

The next episode will be in 2 weeks, by the way.
    Am I the only one who thinks the early Arc V episodes were better drawn in general? I'm not sure about it myself.

Anyways, 1 week delay (again), are they playing Tennis again?

You'll never be "Kurosaki Shun riding a backflipping Revolution Falcon then jumping on a driving motorcycle"-cool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wonder what effect egao world will have.... metaphorically speaking of course

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yshipster View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks the early Arc V episodes were better drawn in general? I'm not sure about it myself.
    Episodes 9, 11, 12, 19, 26, 29, 35 and 46 are examples. Re-watch them and see how bad they look for the most part.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingJinzo View Post
    Episodes 9, 11, 12, 19, 26, 29, 35 and 46 are examples. Re-watch them and see how bad they look for the most part.
    Yeah, but I feel like i can count the good-drawn episodes of season 3 so far on my hands.