User Tag List

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: [OCG] Weekly Jump Spoilers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    But the truth is, the real character that has gotten screwed over this year is Yuzu. Poor, poor Yuzu.
    More like all the Bracelet Girls:

-Yuzu didn't Duel in all this year, which means no cards, but at least she got a card in the Box.
    -Serena only got 2 sets to support her Deck (and even then TDLI only had Luna Light Perfume), a Promo and a card in the Box.
    -Rin only got Raging Tempest to support her Deck and a card in the Box.
    -Ruri only got to Maximum Crisis to support her Deck and a card in the box.

Even if Yuzu got screwed hard this year, at least she appeared in more than 2 sets previous years.
    Last edited by LolsterXD97; 10th December 2016 at 11:43 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LolsterXD97 View Post
    More like all the Bracelet Girls:

-Yuzu didn't Duel in all this year, which means no cards, but at least she got a card in the Box.
    -Serena only got 2 sets to support her Deck (and even then TDLI only had Luna Light Perfume), a Promo and a card in the Box.
    -Rin only got Raging Tempest to support her Deck and a card in the Box.
    -Ruri only got to Maximum Crisis to support her Deck and a card in the box.

Even if Yuzu got screwed hard this year, at least she appeared in more than 2 sets previous years.
    Rin and Ruri have the excuse of plot, they weren't even introduced til the final fucking arc
    Keep in mind BOTH of them have quite a few cards in those sets for how long they actually have been active characters
    the Moonlights may not have gotten much support RECENTLY, but that "Card in the box" is super good and Moonlights themselves are hardly in a bad spot (by Anime Archetype standards anyway)

those 3 honestly aren't in all that bad of a position compared to past Character archetypes

then.....we have Yuzu
    ye gods Writers, she spent so much of the show being kidnapped that Mokuba would be laughing. for deck, she has 1 decent and 1 shitty (even by my extremely generous standards) Fusion to show for all the development. at least give her Pendulums. Melodius have some serious BA syndrome going on too (their first wave of cards being better than anything that came after, Aria-Elegy being vastly better than any Fusion they could drop)
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be honest, Yuzu had promise towards the start of things (sure, no invincible girl, but at least she got back up again after being knocked down, and seemed to actually be doing things of note besides that), but she's kinda metamorphosed over the course of the series into a combination MacGuffin-and-jobber. It was fun while it lasted, I guess?
    #222937 for invisitext in the Org's dark. Try it out!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baroque View Post
    To be honest, Yuzu had promise towards the start of things (sure, no invincible girl, but at least she got back up again after being knocked down, and seemed to actually be doing things of note besides that), but she's kinda metamorphosed over the course of the series into a combination MacGuffin-and-jobber. It was fun while it lasted, I guess?
    I wouldn't say a jobber, the only times she has lost were against Masumi, Dennis and Sergey which were fairly away between episodes, jobber is someone like Gongenzaka and Sawatari who are only used to make someone look strong and nothing more (to the point they even lost off-screen one time). I would say she was reduced to the typical damsel in distress, but even then, her purpose in the story was literally to be kidnapped, so it was kind of inevitable (also being a plot device on legs). At least she got a character unlike Serena, Rin, and Ruri so that's something.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LolsterXD97 View Post
    I wouldn't say a jobber, the only times she has lost were against Masumi, Dennis and Sergey which were fairly away between episodes, jobber is someone like Gongenzaka and Sawatari who are only used to make someone look strong and nothing more (to the point they even lost off-screen one time). I would say she was reduced to the typical damsel in distress, but even then, her purpose in the story was literally to be kidnapped, so it was kind of inevitable (also being a plot device on legs). At least she got a character unlike Serena, Rin, and Ruri so that's something.
    still infinitely better than Kotori

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dread Kaiser View Post
    still infinitely better than Kotori
    At this point, is she really? Kotori was irrelevant and annoying most of the time, sure, but she wasn't stuck in a revolving door of kidnappings like Yuzu is. And Kotori didn't make it her mission to block the plot, either.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconator View Post
    At this point, is she really? Kotori was irrelevant and annoying most of the time, sure, but she wasn't stuck in a revolving door of kidnappings like Yuzu is. And Kotori didn't make it her mission to block the plot, either.
    the mere fact that yuzu DID something, ANYTHING, made her a better character than Kotori.

besides, Yuzu's constant seperation from Yuya is kinda necessary at this point, or we would STILL be waiting to see what the Fusion Dragons name was.
    if she is around, the Yu's can't interact. her REAL role in the plot was keeping Zarc from showing up back in the Battle Royal.
    Zarc is no threat if she is around. the REAL bad writing is not giving her her own adventure to run parallel to Yuyas

Meanwhile, Kotori's uselessness has no plot impact. her role in the story was cheering Yuma up twice and comannding that ship, which anyone could have done
    She was useless from start to finish, Yuzu was not

you can't make a character worse than Kotori......unless you attach "Uchiha" to it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dread Kaiser View Post
    the mere fact that yuzu DID something, ANYTHING, made her a better character than Kotori.

besides, Yuzu's constant seperation from Yuya is kinda necessary at this point, or we would STILL be waiting to see what the Fusion Dragons name was.
    if she is around, the Yu's can't interact. her REAL role in the plot was keeping Zarc from showing up back in the Battle Royal.
    Zarc is no threat if she is around. the REAL bad writing is not giving her her own adventure to run parallel to Yuyas

Meanwhile, Kotori's uselessness has no plot impact. her role in the story was cheering Yuma up twice and comannding that ship, which anyone could have done
    She was useless from start to finish, Yuzu was not

you can't make a character worse than Kotori......unless you attach "Uchiha" to it
    No role is better than a bad role imo. That's why I prefer Tea and Kotori to Alexis, Yuzu, and post-dark signers Aki. If they're non-duelists or irrelevant duelists, I just see them as minor characters that I can ignore. But when they make people out to be useful characters and they end up being irrelevant, it becomes an actual annoyance.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconator View Post
    No role is better than a bad role imo. That's why I prefer Tea and Kotori to Alexis, Yuzu, and post-dark signers Aki. If they're non-duelists or irrelevant duelists, I just see them as minor characters that I can ignore. But when they make people out to be useful characters and they end up being irrelevant, it becomes an actual annoyance.
    No role is the worst possible thing you can do to a character IMO. With a bad role, you can usually say "atleast they had X Y and Z going for them"

No role means a character has no reason to exist. they are just there to look at and provide minor dialogue at best. it's nothing more than a waste of potential and while no character can ever be used to 100% of their potential, using 0% of it is inexcusable under any circumstances.
    The less Role a character has, the more that little role could have been done by anyone else.

what makes Kotori stand out is that she had the role of a minor character that you could ignore. except she was constantly in the spotlight, she was ALWAYS Present in places she had no business being in. Yuma's trip to the Astral World was the ONLY time she was absent from her "Role" of broken record

Tea and Aki had their roles in the story, then had those roles taken from them. when Duel Monsters took center stage and Season 2, respectively.

Alexis had an entirely different set of problems, she basically had no role outside of her duel with Titan and being brainwashed in season 2. She had 2 problems. first problem is that her roles were mostly pointless, much like Kotori, ANYONE could have done them.
    Other problem, complete and utter lack of screentime, much like ANYONE not named Jaden or Jesse. In season 1, she was just another person to have a Spirit Key, setup Atticus, and get rekt'd by Amnael. Season 2 she got brainwashed, standard thing there....Fuck I don't even remember what she did in season 3 and 4 except get Sacrificed for Super Poly and that Tag duel loaded with sexual tension.
    Fuck atleast she stuck around the whole show, unlike Bastion or Chumly who got dropped from it.

Yuzu's constant kidnappings, while could have been infinitely better handled (what CAN'T be done better?), serve a role in the story. her presence makes the biggest threat a non-issue, so she has to go.
    When she DOES get the spotlight, she is treated rather well. for example:

QUICK HOW MANY FEMALE LEADS GET THEIR OWN (Non-Love)RIVAL?.....times up, yes Just Yuzu. Tea and Kotori didn't duel, Alexis had no screentime and Aki got put on a bench, a would-be Rivalry with Sherry going no where. Even if it didn't last long the fact that Yuzu had a rivalry built up with Masumi is still worlds better than what anyone else got, save Season 1 Aki who was nearly perfect.

Season 2 aki.....im not going to get started, I can literally rant about it for hours. It was a pure waste of built up potential and I will leave it at that.

having no role only really works in fan-service heavy anime, where the POINT of the character is to look at them and rule 34.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Technically Tea did duel. Twice. Once against Mai and later against the Penguin duelist from KC Board of Directors in the Virtual world. And she won that second duel all on her own with none of her friends around for the cheer factor.