User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ARC-V Episode 134 Discussion: Uya vs Yugou

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ARC-V Episode 134 Discussion: Uya vs Yugou

What I learned last week is that Yuma convinced Yuya not to quit basketball entirely and to continue playing it. And we all know what happened after that. He met Kiryuu, Reiji/IV/Dick and yadda, yadda, yadda happened. Now he's about to play against Toei's Kaiba and Aki's dad.

This episode starts immediately with the word "egao" (either that or the raw cut a few seconds of the prologue).

The wrath-driven and awakened Yuya sends shockwaves from his body and sends Reiji flying across the room (again). Yuri is impressed and more eager to combine his body with him (quote from from DBZ movie 12, Malaysian dub). Yuri challenges Yuya in a duel, betting the Yusyo card that is in his possession. Basically, we get Kensho Ono vs Kensho Ono, which is some-sort of a semi-tradition (Shunsuke Kazama vs Shunsuke Kazama in Duel Monsters, Takanori Hoshino vs Takanori Hoshino in 5D's, and Miyu Irino vs Miyu Irino in ZEXAL).

Expecting Yuya to entertain Yuri like Yusyo did, Yuri starts the duel by Normal Summoning Ophyrs Scorpio, using its effect to send Stapellia Worm from his hand to his Graveyard as a cost and Special Summons Darling Cobra from his deck. If Darling Cobra is Special Summoned, Yuri can add 1 Polymerization from his deck to his hand. He fuses his two monsters to Fusion Summon Starve Venom Fusion Dragon (and for some reason, despite having different Fusion Materials, the summon chant is still the same as ever). The arrival of this dragon causes to hurt Utah's chest and Starve Venom is waiting for his nakama to show up.

Of course, Yuya has Odd-Eyes and his two -gazer Magician's in his starting hand as usual. Well, we all know that there is some magic manipulating their decks, so it's less about luck now. It's almost like destiny. Yuya draws Smile World, is affecting him and calms him a little down. Even with Yuri's taunting and Odd-Eyes calling his owner to summon it, Smile World and his memories of his father and apparently his pendulum pendant help Yuya to fight against his awakening and his hair turn normal, while the dark aura and his eyes remain the same. Now that he sounds less angry, he sets his two Magicians on the Pendulum Scales and Pendulum Summons Entermate Dragon Remora and Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon. Starve Venom and Odd-Eyes react to each other and amplify Utah's awakening, but they are still resisting it (barely). With Dragon Remora boosting the ATK of all of Yuya's Dragon-Type monsters, Odd-Eyes overpowers Starve Venom and attacks it, but Yuri activates Predator Germination to protect his DARK monster from the attack and the Trap Card attempts to destroy Odd-Eyes, but thanks to Dragon Remora's effect, Yuya's Dragon-Type monsters cannot be destroyed by card effects. Also, Predator Germination lets Yuri to Special Summon three Predator Tokens (in Defense Position). Yuya then orders his Dragon Remora to attack one of the Tokens and destroys it. Uya are aware that Yugi is setting something up with the Token, so they set the Continuous Trap Card Starlight Force to counter them, then they end their turn.

Spoiler Alert!

Yuri tributes one of his Predator Tokens to Tribute Summon the Tuner Monster Predator Plants Banksia Ogre, a card that obviously came out of nowhere and was created through Z-ARC's power. Yugou tunes their Level 1 Predator Token with the Level 6 Banksia Ogre to Synchro Summon Clear Wing Synchro Dragon, causing the dragons to go nuts again. Utah is totally in pain, while Yugou gets almost an orgasm (I guess that must come from Yugo's influence). Yuya is still hanging on his Smile World, but Yuto has definitively more problem to fight against the darkness.

With Starve Venom and Clear Wing on the field, Layra expects that Yugou is using the same combo on Uya again which he defeated Yusyo with. But before Yuri can activate Starve Venom's second effect, Yuya flips his Starlight Force in reaction to Clear Wing's summon, negating the effects of monsters that were Special Summoned from the Extra Deck and were on the field when this card was activated and they become Level 4. I don't know if Yuya had this card before hand or if this card came out of nowhere, but if it's the former, that card would have been very handy against most of his opponents. While this prevents Yugou from using any fearsome Starve Venom+Clear Wing combo, he simply declares with Clear Wing to attack Dragon Remora, and due to the pain in his chest, Yuya cannot grab for an Action Card. With Dragon Remora being gone, Odd-Eyes loses its boost and gets destroyed by Starve Venom's unnamed attack.

Meanwhile, the Professor is watching their duel while waiting for his plan to be completed, and he knows that Z-ARC will be awakened when the duel ends. Serena's teleportation isn't ready yet, though.

Utah are planning their next move, hoping that if they summon Dark Rebellion, they can win the duel, but the risk of summoning the fourth dragon is still there. Utah needs a Level 4 monster to summon Dark Rebellion, but he draws the Level 5 Entermate Drop Gallop instead. During the Standby Phase, the Levels of Yuri's monsters are increased by 1 through Starlight Force's effect. While Drop Gallop can change its Level to 4, Yuya needs another Level 5 or higher monster on the field, so there is no choice but to Pendulum Summon Odd-Eyes as well. Even with the risks, Yuto is betting that Yuya can still hang on Smile World even if Yuto himself should fall to the darkness. Yuya Pendulum Summons his three monsters, and the dragons are doing their usual thing. It's weird. While Yuya and Yuto feel pain, Yuri is very excited about the feeling. Maybe he is a masochist. That would explain everything. With the effect of Drop Gallop, Yuya draws to cards since he Pendulum Summoned two Entermates. He uses Drop Gallops other effect to make it Level 4. Then Uya overlays Drop Gallop with Dragon Remora to Xyz Summon Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon. And all four dragon roar. Yuto is consumed by the darkness, Yuya screams in pain and Yuri gets his masochistic orgasm. Layra thinks Yuya will also be gone, but Reiji believes in him. The thoughts of his family and friends (no Tokumatsu by the way, but fuck you, Shinji) helps Yuya to hang on. When he is about to activate Dark Rebellion's effect, Yuri starts to laugh maniacally and activates his Continuous Trap Card Ryuukazura/Dragon Creeping Plant. Since Yuri has a Dragon-Type monster on the field, he can take control of one of Yuya's Dragon-Type monsters, except the one with the highest Level, taking control of Dark Rebellion. Controlling three dragons, Yuri awakenes and he, Yugo and Yuto go "Hitotsu ni", and Yuya screams in agony.

Meanwhile, Getsu Girl Serena is teleported away and the ARC-V is activated. Yuya is still screaming.

Honestly, never was summoning your ace monster that bad. Usually, your ace monster should represent your hope and desires, but not to turn you into a devil. The spaghetti loving dragon with its weird egao eyes is pretty much the DARKest ace monster we have seen.

Also, I like Dragon Remora.

Preview:
    Spoiler Alert!

-Yuya vs Yugou continues.
    -Yuri has his split pupils again.
    -Yuri negates Yuya's Evasion with No Action.
    -Yuri is taunting Yuya.
    -Yuto, Yugo and Yuri go "Ima koso, hitotsu ni".
    -Yuri and Yuya are somewhere in space (looks a bit like Neo-Space).
    Last edited by KingJinzo; 11th December 2016 at 09:08 PM.
    I FUCKING HATE DUB NAMES! I HATE DUB NAMES SO MUCH!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yuri having an orgasm made this episode for me.

Yay, finally a Predaplant Tuner, but goddamit why Level 6...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LolsterXD97 View Post
    Yuri having an orgasm made this episode for me.

Yay, finally a Predaplant Tuner, but goddamit why Level 6...
    Ophrys Scorpio can summon it, though you can't summon much with it then (except you can tune it with an opponents monster with a Predator Counter, which would explain the level 6 to summon Clear Wing).

I really liked this episode, Yuya uses a lot good Performapals lately. Dropgallop is broken though (up to 5 draws upon summon, and a possible Rank 1-5 mat). Yuri on the other hand had his best cards from the last two episodes already revealed, the others are not more than mediocre so far. Maximum Crisis might have a lot Predaplants though, since we still have 4 anime-onlys so far.

Kinda funny how much Yuri is focused on capturing all 3 dragons (though it makes sense). I wonder how Yuya is not gonna lose now, Yuri has enough ATK (and DRXD) to defeat Yuya, and [Preview Spoiler]

Spoiler Alert!
    He negates Yuyas Action Card next episode.

I actually would have found it fitting, if Yuya had to use Odd-Eyes Raging Dragon to win, which would have caused to turn him into Zarc.

You'll never be "Kurosaki Shun riding a backflipping Revolution Falcon then jumping on a driving motorcycle"-cool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yshipster View Post
    Ophrys Scorpio can summon it, though you can't summon much with it then (except you can tune it with an opponents monster with a Predator Counter, which would explain the level 6 to summon Clear Wing).
    Glad that Vermillion is a thing. Anyway, probably it is Level 6 because with Predator Planter (which Summons Level 4 or lower Predaplants) it would mean infinite Synchros.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yuri made me laugh so much this episode, he was wayyyy too excited with those dragons. I wonder what trap and monster yuya has in his hand and what use he will give to smile world.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fantastic episode. Kensho Ono astounds once again as the long awaited duel begins and arguably delivers thus far. Both Yuya and Yuri have some excellent moments, and after so long apart (seriously, after Season 1 Yuya didn't use the gazers together all that often) we get to see the gazers; sadly they're wasted by Yuya not using Timegazer on the trap. Yuri using a Predaplant tuner was also welcome, though I'm surprised that he didn't use Smile World like he did against the Tyler Sisters. Then again, he needs the talisman.
    Yuya and Yuto's fighting against the darkness was an utter treat, if a tense one, especially with the montage near the end. Yuto's slip into darkness (and Yugo awakening as Yuri's spiritual advisor) hit that much harder given the vows made this episode.
    Also, if Declan doesn't duel again at some point I'll be very disappointed.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanokal View Post
    Fantastic episode. Kensho Ono astounds once again as the long awaited duel begins and arguably delivers thus far. Both Yuya and Yuri have some excellent moments, and after so long apart (seriously, after Season 1 Yuya didn't use the gazers together all that often) we get to see the gazers; sadly they're wasted by Yuya not using Timegazer on the trap. Yuri using a Predaplant tuner was also welcome, though I'm surprised that he didn't use Smile World like he did against the Tyler Sisters. Then again, he needs the talisman.
    Yuya and Yuto's fighting against the darkness was an utter treat, if a tense one, especially with the montage near the end. Yuto's slip into darkness (and Yugo awakening as Yuri's spiritual advisor) hit that much harder given the vows made this episode.
    Also, if Declan doesn't duel again at some point I'll be very disappointed.
    The Trap didn't target, so Timegazer couldn't be used.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LolsterXD97 View Post
    The Trap didn't target, so Timegazer couldn't be used.
    It works like THAT? Huh. Thanks.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanokal View Post
    It works like THAT? Huh. Thanks.
    they need to target a pendulum monster to trigger

Registered User Eternal Dragon Of ChaOZ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even though I knew only bad things would happen, I liked how all 4 dragons are on the field at the same time.