Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    Stratos is banned in the TCG...
    I know, and hopefully Brio will not be much longer

Quote Originally Posted by Brightshine Stardust View Post
    Brionac's only nerf is just its effect now only target opponent's cards. That's still really good lol

Rescue Cat now negates the effects of the monsters it summons. Not like that's a problem when people are more likely to use the summoned monsters as materials anyway.

Brain Control nerf is hilarious. Only monsters that can be Normal Summoned or Set lmao

Also, did people get so focused on the errata that no one noticed Toadally Awesome being Limited?
    Brio always targetted, now its a hard OPT
    and yes I noticed the fuck Frog was limited, Errata's are way more important since it will actually be relevant to the Majority TCG Players here

Quote Originally Posted by Baroque View Post
    Actually, it also got a hard OPT clause slapped onto it; you can only use its effect once per turn, so no more stuff like pitching Dragoons and then throwing the thing you fetched with it, for example.

Still really good all the same, but a lot less prone to extreme abuse than it would've been elsewise.
    (2nd EDIT: Also, no more using it in ways similar to the infamous Infernity Trishloop.)

EDIT:

This actually gets rid of Rescue Cat's biggest play that was keeping it on the banlist (that is to say, the game's kinda sped up to the point that its original offense might not've been enough to keep it on as long as it was, but another card that came out while it was banned kept it on the banlist considerably longer) -- Rescue Cat and the Three Uniflora, namely. So yes, people are still more likely to use the summoned monsters as materials anyway, but this way you aren't getting five monsters out of one card to use as materials for whatever it is you plan to do.
    you forgot the numerous 1 card FTK's that cat made
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, for brain control, it's been a long time coming, I guess. Not that it makes much difference anymore, though I guess that this applies to most cards on the list.

Can anyone tell me why future fusion was banned in the first place? That's the one thing I don't get. Was there a specific combo or something?

But yeah, we should throw a big welcome back party for Brionac! Oh, and stratos can rot in hell for all I care...

Btw, is anyone going to comment about the hit, big or small, that majespecters took
    I just LOVE a good hug...

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cypher32 View Post
    Well, for brain control, it's been a long time coming, I guess. Not that it makes much difference anymore, though I guess that this applies to most cards on the list.

Can anyone tell me why future fusion was banned in the first place? That's the one thing I don't get. Was there a specific combo or something?

But yeah, we should throw a big welcome back party for Brionac! Oh, and stratos can rot in hell for all I care...

Btw, is anyone going to comment about the hit, big or small, that majespecters took
    Chaos Dragons could abuse the bajebaz out of it as a x5 Foolish Burial while summoning Five-Headed Dragon. I shudder to think what Dragon Rulers and Infernoids could have done.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dread Kaiser View Post
    Brio always targetted, now its a hard OPT
    Actually, they're pointing out that the Brio wording we're seeing here actually locks him out of bouncing your own stuff (so it's even further removed from the potential Trishloop shenanigans that once existed).

you forgot the numerous 1 card FTK's that cat made
    Eh, I'll admit that I never came across/heard of any of those (can't forget what you never knew, in a way?); its pure, simple, absurd interaction with Uniflora was the one I was more keenly aware of.

Quote Originally Posted by cypher32 View Post
    Less 'specific combo' and more its application as an easy, immediate dump of whatever exactly you wanted that qualified as something's Fusion Materials. This could've been "any 5 Dragons" off Five-Headed Dragon, "Cyber Dragon + as many Machine-Type monsters you want" off Chimeratech Overdragon, or any other such rot. Materials for a Miracle Fusion or one of its many snowclones (e.g., Overload Fusion for Chimeratech) would also be a decent application of (the original, unerrata'd) Future Fusion.

It was used a lot less for its actual effect than it was for its discharge of materials out of your Deck, but that was more than enough for it to land itself a spot on the banlist.
    #222937 for invisitext in the Org's dark. Try it out!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These errata are all good. They're all pretty much just as minimal as necessary while preserving the card's spirit. Most of them focus on making the card work the way it was intended, rather than be abused for other reasons. I like these way more than the crippling nerfs they gave "Dark Magician of Chaos" and "Sangan".

I had tried to come up with a reasonable errata for "Future Fusion" before, because I really like the card, but this is even better than anything I had thought of. It fits thematically, and doesn't even stop it from being used for dumping cards (but slows it down enough that it's not as useful for that).

TCG has already Unlimited "Goyo Guardian" so it's good they left the effect alone and fixed the real problem with it: its ATK was too high for a generic Level 6 Synchro, being higher than even "Gaia Knight, the Force of Earth".

"Brain Control" is a really interesting approach. It means you can't steal boss monsters, essentially. Might be useful as a Side Deck card for Decks that don't use the Extra Deck much (like Monarchs); you don't want this card clogging up your hand against Infernoids though. Will be interesting to see the rulings regarding whether Trap Monsters/pseudo-Trap Monsters and Tokens count as "monsters that can be Normal Summoned/Set" (my guess is they don't).

"Imperial Order" being a mandatory maintenance cost is good. Now you can't just get rid of it in your turn. Doubling the frequency the cost is paid is harsh, but the effect is so powerful that it's justified.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trap Monsters, Pseudo Trap Monsters(I still think they should just be Type2 Trap Monsters) and Tokens must be special summoned into monster existence. Brain Control won't work on them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not gonna lie... A little salty Terrortop (hate that name) went to 1. I'm not sure I want it to hapen on the TCG or not.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraba View Post
    Not gonna lie... A little salty Terrortop (hate that name) went to 1. I'm not sure I want it to hapen on the TCG or not.
    I'd rather see it banned

then errata'd to not be usable as Xyz material
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd rather see it banned

then errata'd to not be usable as Xyz material
    I wouldn't be opposed the errata. I just don't think it's necessary.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraba View Post
    I wouldn't be opposed the errata. I just don't think it's necessary.
    Meanwhile, Dante is still at 3.