User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Z-ARC's character discussion

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volteccer View Post
    And yet, when we saw Zorc in his true form, he displayed none of the personality he had as Bakura.
    Amnesia does that to you.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanokal View Post
    Bakura was Zorc.
    I thought he was only the servant Zorc or something. But it's been really long since i saw it, so I'm sorry...

But what I wanted to say is, that Bakura, as a servant of Zorc, had more and a better character than Zorc himself.

You'll never be "Kurosaki Shun riding a backflipping Revolution Falcon then jumping on a driving motorcycle"-cool.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yshipster View Post
    I thought he was only the servant Zorc or something. But it's been really long since i saw it, so I'm sorry...

But what I wanted to say is, that Bakura, as a servant of Zorc, had more and a better character than Zorc himself.
    There's three Bakuras:
    1. Thief King Bakura. Just a normal guy that made a deal with Zorc for revenge for what happened to his family.
    2. Yami Baukra. Actually an avatar of Zorc, he laid dormant in the Millenium Ring for a while, then awakened to setup his full return. Looks and acts like Thief King Bakura.
    3. Ryou Bakura. Yami Bakura's host.

Yami Bakura was all about mind games, making people feel powerless as he slowly ground them down. Zorc was so powerful he didn't need subtlety.
    Current decks: Salamangreats, Knightmare Cyberse, and Odd-Eyes Performapals
    Originator of the Tulpa Summon, and the homebrewed cards you use with it.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All good brother.
    Tis a fair point, though I maintain that I enjoy the thematic connection Zorc presented that the Millennium Items also presented.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing I noticed about Zarc was that he wasn't evil at all in the beginning. He dueled like he was enjoying it and such, but unfortunately, because the monsters were solid vision, one duelist actually get hurt. At that time, he actually expressed concern, whereas the audience requested more brute force. So, in a sense, society was the factor that pushed him over the age. That, and his ability to feel his monster's "emotions."

Already, I feel as though that's a pretty developed backstory. Though, I would like to see more of his history because he's an interesting "villain" and there could definitely be more than meets the eye to him. Then again, this is YGO we're talking about, so anyone could be more than what meets the eye.
    Currently using: Predator Plant, Pendulum Magician, Zarc Magician, Red-Eyes Interested in: Magibullet, Altergiest, Vullet(?)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuri View Post
    One thing I noticed about Zarc was that he wasn't evil at all in the beginning. He dueled like he was enjoying it and such, but unfortunately, because the monsters were solid vision, one duelist actually get hurt. At that time, he actually expressed concern, whereas the audience requested more brute force. So, in a sense, society was the factor that pushed him over the age. That, and his ability to feel his monster's "emotions."

Already, I feel as though that's a pretty developed backstory. Though, I would like to see more of his history because he's an interesting "villain" and there could definitely be more than meets the eye to him. Then again, this is YGO we're talking about, so anyone could be more than what meets the eye.
    Being a product of the environment isn't a good backstory for a villian. E.g. Shun is a product of his environment (post-war traumata, he is reckless 'cause he wants revenge, etc.), Sora is one (military education, isolation which led to a lack of empathy which is why he was so mean in the beginning), Yuya is one (entertainmant education, tries to follow and find his father, ...). And saying "Zarc is evil because the audience forced him" was something which the Synchro Arc of Arc-V already discussed a lot. So over all, I don't see a real character in Zarc, but something like Zorc (he IS a big black monster tbh), while Yuri as the Vector/Bakura guy is far more interesting.

That being said, Arc-V feels more and more like a big fan-service for those who liked the previous shows. And while this is sure a nice thing, I'm afraid they just copied the story of the Original Series and gave the characters names from GX!...

You'll never be "Kurosaki Shun riding a backflipping Revolution Falcon then jumping on a driving motorcycle"-cool.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like that the final villain does contain a backstory. Z-One had a good one. Zorc and Nightshroud were good final villains, but Z-One and Zarc, with backstories, makes better sense as to why they became what they became instead of just dark entities who just want to destroy the world. Zorc and Nightshroud's final goal was just because yes. Z-One's final goal was to save the future world because his timeline was destroyed. Zarc, as we know, wants to destroy everything just to be the best of all because the people in his original dimension enjoys what Zarc knew he was doing wrong but ended loving it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Shimy View Post
    Zarc, as we know, wants to destroy everything just to be the best of all because the people in his original dimension enjoys what Zarc knew he was doing wrong but ended loving it.
    Can you explain me how this is a good reason to be evil? Because that sounds just like an excuse for not having a story to me...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you explain me how this is a good reason to be evil? Because that sounds just like an excuse for not having a story to me...
    Madness. Probably we'll know more of Zarc soon.

Will there be a Gongenzaka and Jack vs Zarc? Because Sora (Fusion user) and Edo (GX character), and Kurosaki (Xyz user) and Kaito (ZEXAL character) will duel Zarc.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm kinda with yshipster on this one.

Z-Arc has potential, but I'll be completely unsatisfied if that's all the backstory he's getting. His backstory does have some very nice ideas but it feels plastic and lacking, specially because it was not told from his own perspective. I can't feel the soul of his character if I don't hear it from Z-Arc himself.
    IRL Decks: Pure Artifact, Lyrilusc (work in progress) and futurely Time Thief
    Online: Trap Monster, Trickstar, Eyes Restrict
    Pre-Link Format: DDD, Heraldic Beast, Chronomaly