User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Z-ARC's character discussion

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Z-ARC's character discussion

Zorc Necrophades was pretty much a personafication of evil who wanted to destroy the world for the sake of being evil. Darkness had even less personality and was a running force of nature with no actual motivation. Don Thousand was a bad guy. Z-One was an extremist who was trying to save the future and ran out of options and he was redeemed.

Z-ARC started out as normal duelist, but was corrupted by his environment. He could connect his heart with his monsters. They realized that they have enough humanity's behavior and wanted to annihilate them.

The question is: Will Z-ARC be a good final villain? I don't want him to end up as someone like Zorc, Darkness and Don Thousand who are not particularly interesting. Z-ARC should be as interesting as Z-One. And unlike Z-One who didn't out to be an "evil" future version of Yusei, Z-ARC is now basically an evil Yuya.

Episode 135 gave something interesting. Yuya was finally consumed by Z-ARC after achieving victory. If you think about it, Z-ARC became the violent champion after crushing any opponent. And he and his dragons are fighting against the world because they see them as the bad ones. I think that Z-ARC sees anyone as his opponent he has to defeat, and wrecking shit like Zorc is something that we can describe as "crushing your opponent". I think that his motivation of destroying the world is not for the sake of destruction itself, but more as for the sake of victory. This also fits to Yuri's mindset, who had no problem to give in to Z-ARC's dark influence. Of course, the mindset of being winning and solitary is messed up, but I guess that's the result of being corrupted by your own monsters and by humanity's "darkness".

Until the end of March, Z-ARC might end up being a good villain if his character gets developed.
    I FUCKING HATE DUB NAMES! I HATE DUB NAMES SO MUCH!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingJinzo View Post
    Zorc Necrophades was pretty much a personafication of evil who wanted to destroy the world for the sake of being evil. Darkness had even less personality and was a running force of nature with no actual motivation. Don Thousand was a bad guy. Z-One was an extremist who was trying to save the future and ran out of options and he was redeemed.

Z-ARC started out as normal duelist, but was corrupted by his environment. He could connect his heart with his monsters. They realized that they have enough humanity's behavior and wanted to annihilate them.

The question is: Will Z-ARC be a good final villain? I don't want him to end up as someone like Zorc, Darkness and Don Thousand who are not particularly interesting. Z-ARC should be as interesting as Z-One. And unlike Z-One who didn't out to be an "evil" future version of Yusei, Z-ARC is now basically an evil Yuya.

Episode 135 gave something interesting. Yuya was finally consumed by Z-ARC after achieving victory. If you think about it, Z-ARC became the violent champion after crushing any opponent. And he and his dragons are fighting against the world because they see them as the bad ones. I think that Z-ARC sees anyone as his opponent he has to defeat, and wrecking shit like Zorc is something that we can describe as "crushing your opponent". I think that his motivation of destroying the world is not for the sake of destruction itself, but more as for the sake of victory. This also fits to Yuri's mindset, who had no problem to give in to Z-ARC's dark influence. Of course, the mindset of being winning and solitary is messed up, but I guess that's the result of being corrupted by your own monsters and by humanity's "darkness".

Until the end of March, Z-ARC might end up being a good villain if his character gets developed.

This is YGO, not exactly famous for fleshed out, interesting Final Antagonists. so going by the standards of the previous bosses, Zarc is already better than most of them for simply HAVING a backstory or motivation beyond: "grrr, I'm big and evil, got sealed 3/5/10 thousand years ago, am back now. card games."

Zorc and Darkness just.....were. Fuck Zorc had more in common with a Kaiju. Darkness acted as if he was just doing his job. (it's been a while, but I think he implied that he did the whole World of Darkness thing before)

Z-ONE, done good enough. how Evil he was is debatable.

DonK was extremely flat and uninteresting. Given he had more screentime than any other final boss, this is disappointing. though he gets points from me for his workaround plan for getting the Numeron Code. He is basically Zorc with a personality (albeit a bland one) and a much less convoluted backstory. Side note WHY THE FUCK DID YOU TAKE SO LONG TO REVEAL WHAT HE LOOKED LIKE, ONLY TO GIVE HIM A NEW BISHIONEN FORM? His backstory amounts to "I'm evil, got Sealed, Made the Barians evil (so you can redeem them now)"

still better character than Kotori (the Writers are the REAL Eldritch evil force in Zexal that Yuma and co went to defeat at the end)

E'rah was that, plus came out of fucking nowhere <---WORST FINAL ANTAGONIST IN THE SERIES. at least Zorc was foreshadowed. I don't even remember what she wanted, something about "I don't like Hope" Aporia did the Zetsubo thing already damnit.
    Trageodia was done well, a backstory rooted in already existing lore (and tying Manga GX To Manga!DM Canon). He also got what he wanted, to become whole again. got beaten before he could do anything with it though
    Manga!Rex was.....I need to reread Manga!5D's, I don't remember enough to form an opinion piece on him

Also several already had the "All the Worlds Evils" thing (Angra Mainyu is gonna be the ARC 6 Antagonist, calling it now, Cue Church on the Hill)
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Z-One is by far the best Yu-Gi-Oh! "Villain". I don't consider him a villain after all, he is just a antagonist.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Manga Rex is excellent, but the Ultimate God is just another evil force. Zorc gets points for his darkness of the human heart talk and being intertwined with the story.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you know, I just realized something

What started Zarc off on his slope off the deep end was basically people saying "AWESOME, MORE OF THAT" whenever something Violent happened

...Now how did we React to Shun's Carpet bombing Sora?
    or Odd-eyes Rebellions Debut?
    Etc

Holy Fuck, WE mad Made Zarc. the 4th Wall clearly doesn't stop this

quick someone card Shun before he turns into some Rank 14 Abomination bird and Xyz gets split into 4 more Xyz Dimensions, 1 of them is too many already
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dread Kaiser View Post

What started Zarc off on his slope off the deep end was basically people saying "AWESOME, MORE OF THAT" whenever something Violent happened

Etc

quick someone card Shun before he turns into some Rank 14 Abomination bird and Xyz gets split into 4 more Xyz Dimensions, 1 of them is too many already

Muhahaha, they finally figured it out, I can now take over as the warchief of Arc-V!

Okay to be real, I am seeing where you go. We always said we want the real entertainment from Yuuya (i.e. Berserk), so we are the ones sitting in the stadium, screaming to Zarc for more. Maybe thats why people say Zarc is not evil, only humanity turned him into what he is today.
    Warera wa hitotsu ni

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dread Kaiser View Post

Etc

Makes you appreciate the series in a different light now doesn't it? Poor Yuya...Declan tries to get him to focus to stay true, but he just had to pick the trigger...
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, the final enemies of each YuGiOh anime were always the most boring ones. I'ts too long ago, but Marik (the japanese one) ond Yami-Bakura were by far more interesting than Zorc (but wasn't Bakura the final antagonist anyways, since he released Zorc?).
    In GX, Yubel and Nightshroud (The "Clear" guy) were by far better as well. They both had some sad backstory and they at least tried to involve the viewer emotionally.
    5D's did actually better with Z-One than with Rex Goodwin, which might be why everyone likes 5D's: It had a good ending.
    Which is probably why everyone hates ZeXal so much: ZeXal II was pretty shitty compared to the first season. Tron as an antagonist was definitely enjoyable, and the Arclight brothers were fine antagonists as well, since they all shared a nice backstory, which is something Don Thousand lacked.

And I'm afraid the same might happen to Zarc, since his backstory is pretty lackluster so far...

You'll never be "Kurosaki Shun riding a backflipping Revolution Falcon then jumping on a driving motorcycle"-cool.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yshipster View Post
    Actually, the final enemies of each YuGiOh anime were always the most boring ones. I'ts too long ago, but Marik (the japanese one) ond Yami-Bakura were by far more interesting than Zorc (but wasn't Bakura the final antagonist anyways, since he released Zorc?).
    In GX, Yubel and Nightshroud (The "Clear" guy) were by far better as well. They both had some sad backstory and they at least tried to involve the viewer emotionally.
    5D's did actually better with Z-One than with Rex Goodwin, which might be why everyone likes 5D's: It had a good ending.
    Which is probably why everyone hates ZeXal so much: ZeXal II was pretty shitty compared to the first season. Tron as an antagonist was definitely enjoyable, and the Arclight brothers were fine antagonists as well, since they all shared a nice backstory, which is something Don Thousand lacked.

And I'm afraid the same might happen to Zarc, since his backstory is pretty lackluster so far...
    Bakura was Zorc.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanokal View Post
    Bakura was Zorc.
    And yet, when we saw Zorc in his true form, he displayed none of the personality he had as Bakura.
    Current decks: Salamangreats, Knightmare Cyberse, and Odd-Eyes Performapals
    Originator of the Tulpa Summon, and the homebrewed cards you use with it.