User Tag List

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: [RATE] Fusion Recycling Plant

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indytotof View Post
    I'm also wondering what kind of "most powerfull card of 2017 ever" will be revealed in January 24th.
    Was the TCG introduced to Mormorat already?
    IRL Decks: Pure Artifact, Lyrilusc (work in progress) and futurely Time Thief
    Online: Trap Monster, Trickstar, Eyes Restrict
    Pre-Link Format: DDD, Heraldic Beast, Chronomaly

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    No, the TCG only revealed Broadbull and Boarbow
    https://ygorganization.com/raging-te...ecial-edition/
    https://ygorganization.com/tcg-raging-tempest/

Basically everything about TCG Raging Tempest, til just now we haven't actually seen any cards from it
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    "most powerfull card of 2017 ever" sounds like they won't put it on the ban list soon. If it is really Marmorat, then 2017 will be one big Zodiac format, at least if it goes like in the OCG right now.

You'll never be "Kurosaki Shun riding a backflipping Revolution Falcon then jumping on a driving motorcycle"-cool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indytotof View Post
    I'm also wondering what kind of "most powerfull card of 2017 ever" will be revealed in January 24th.
    Probably a Normal Pendulum monster, which might or not be a Tuner.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yshipster View Post
    "most powerfull card of 2017 ever" sounds like they won't put it on the ban list soon. If it is really Marmorat, then 2017 will be one big Zodiac format, at least if it goes like in the OCG right now.
    the fucking rat won't go on the banlist til summer anyway, yey newcomer immunity

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LolsterXD97 View Post
    Probably a Normal Pendulum monster, which might or not be a Tuner.
    while that would be awesome, I would not start hyping over it

IIRC, Galaxy Eyes Photon Dragon was also Described as "The Strongest Monster in History" or something like that

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dread Kaiser View Post
    the fucking rat won't go on the banlist til summer anyway, yey newcomer immunity
    At least Dimensional Barrier is a legit thing...

IIRC, Galaxy Eyes Photon Dragon was also Described as "The Strongest Monster in History" or something like that
    Strong against the meta 5 years ago, when Solemn Strike wasn't at 3 in every deck and Xyz monster started their reign. I guess the statement was somewhat true back then.

You'll never be "Kurosaki Shun riding a backflipping Revolution Falcon then jumping on a driving motorcycle"-cool.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jerry Beans Noble Knight.

Calling it. :P

Registered User Voltanis The Adjudicator's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And MSTs.......and Cosmic Cyclones......and whatever good MST clone comes out in 3 years or so

and if it really does get bad, people will run Typhoon or Twisters if need be. if people started running book of Eclipse and shit to deal with Djinn Lock, they can run more MST
    This just in: Chicken Race doesn't exist. And, as has been said many a time by many a person, the existence of specific answer cards like S/T destruction doesn't make the plethora of powerful, searchable, continuous advantage creating Pendulum cards, continuous S/T and Field Spells any less broken. Because if you have Twin Twister but your opponent doesn't play something for it to destroy, it's useless, but if they have some serious advantage generators and you don't have the right card to answer it immediately, they can get really far ahead. This card is no different in that respect. The best meta decks have far more cards like that that need instant answers than instant answers that exist, that's why they're the best meta decks. It's just like in Duelyst, where the meta is all about having many "kill this now or lose cards" when there are only a couple truly useful "this can kill anything" cards to counter them.

@Archsorcerer
    Yeah, you're right. That is the rule of thumb. Glad you understand, hitting tutors is a thing... Qliphort Scout is at 1. Heavenly Monarch is at 1. Skullcrobat Joker is at 1, Monkeyboard is banned, Wisdom-Eye is at 1. Mathematician and Tour Guide, both at 1. Even fucking Rescue Rabbit, Deepsea Diva and Infernity Archfiend are still at 1! 3 Nekronz searchers are either banned or limited. One For One is at 1. Pantheism of the Monarchs is at 1, as are Reinforcements of the Army and One Day Of Peace. Pendulum Call? Upstart Goblin? Chicken Race? Foolish Burial? The original Preparation of Rites, which is far worse than Pre-Prep? Emergency Teleport? Saqlifice? All at 1. Let's not forget my man Stratos, Witch of the Black Forest or Sangan, all still banned. As is Rescue Cat. As are Magical Scientist and Cyber-Stein. And Mind Master, somehow. Meanwhile, the only banned Extra Deck monsters are Construct, Brionac and 4 R4's and an R3 and not a Utopia The Lightning to be seen. Two fusions are limited, one a searcher itself and the other Noden, 4 Synchros are limited, 1 is Hyper Librarian, 1 is Ignister Prominence and 1 is Dewloren. And then only 1 Xyz is limited and it's Beatrice, another searcher. No extra deck cards are semi-limited, but several searchers are, generic ones like Summoner Monk, Card Trooper and Dragon Ravine.
    I can easily envision a meta deck where they have several powerful Pendulum scales that generate advantage, plus some nasty continuous s/t, maybe even a kind of floodgate, then this card as a field spell to get out Poly because, I dunno', King of the Swamp is a key card in the deck for the fusions for some reason. We've already seen something similar with Metalfoes, all this would need is to not have its own unique fusion spell and it's there.
    Most importantly, though, is just that the creation of such a powerfully generic card is dangerous, because it limits what the creators can do to make new fusions without making this a broken card. If it doesn't get banned, it'll only be because Konami was smart enough to work around it when designing, but that only creates more hoops they need to jump through when thinking of new ideas. Either this gets banned/limited, or it doesn't because its power made them overly cautious of making powerful new fusions. Generic cards like this have a nasty way of warping the design process further down the line. James from Extra Credits taught me that.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yshipster View Post
    At least Dimensional Barrier is a legit thing...

Strong against the meta 5 years ago, when Solemn Strike wasn't at 3 in every deck and Xyz monster started their reign. I guess the statement was somewhat true back then.
    Not really, he didn't do anything really worth summoning him (using his own procedure, Galaxy support didn't exist yet)

"the Meta" back then was Dino-rabbit, which came in the same set (noticing some similarities here?). Wind-up and Inzektor came in the next set
    meanwhile the strongest xyz..was basically Utopia and the Evolzars
    Meanwhile Synchros were still strong then, Photon Dragon did nothing that Synchro Summoning Junk Destroyer, Stardust/Shooting Star couldn't. Also Quasar showed up in the TCG about a month later.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltanis The Adjudicator View Post
    This just in: Chicken Race doesn't exist. And, as has been said many a time by many a person, the existence of specific answer cards like S/T destruction doesn't make the plethora of powerful, searchable, continuous advantage creating Pendulum cards, continuous S/T and Field Spells any less broken. Because if you have Twin Twister but your opponent doesn't play something for it to destroy, it's useless, but if they have some serious advantage generators and you don't have the right card to answer it immediately, they can get really far ahead. This card is no different in that respect. The best meta decks have far more cards like that that need instant answers than instant answers that exist, that's why they're the best meta decks. It's just like in Duelyst, where the meta is all about having many "kill this now or lose cards" when there are only a couple truly useful "this can kill anything" cards to counter them.
    yes yes, "many a person" is referring to me. I've had to explain the concept of probability to many an idiot over the years. In this case the argument is not "Just MST it" and more "do you want to hinge a deck on a MST target"
    My point isn't "Just counter it", my point is "a shitload of counters exist, and more are going to be made. the more that are around, the less reliable continous/field spells are, and the less likely they will be game-breaking as a result."

if a card like this DOES take off and becomes an "I win" card, then people will start running more MST/clones to compensate and giving them a much more likely chance of winning the "I have MST, I win" game. this will turn people off from running it

and if they ever make MST searchable by an extra deck monster....

tl;dr
    Not saying "Just counter it"
    AM Saying "The odds against it are only going to grow"
    Last edited by Dread Kaiser; 6th January 2017 at 12:25 AM.