User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [MACR] Baobaboon

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[MACR] Baobaboon

Konami just revealed a new card that support Plant-Type decks, and in a "very good" way.

MACR-JP034 バオバブーン Baobaboon
    Level 3 DARK Plant-Type Effect Monster
    ATK 1200
    DEF 1000
    (1) If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can draw 1 card. Then, place 1 card from your hand on the top or the bottom of your Deck.
    (2) If this card is destroyed (by battle or by card effect): You can Special Summon any number of “Baobaboon” from your Deck.

So, after Fusion Recycling Plant, Predaplant.dek got another consistency boost with the Plant version of Upstart Goblin. It also have the possibility to unclogg your hand.
    Gigavise Plant Synchro decks can also use this....

It would have been the case if the (2) don't triggered after battle/card effect destruction only....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where is The Metalfoes Buzzer when you need it?

No seariously this is almost as good as Vortex Trooper, I look foreward to test this later
    Warera wa hitotsu ni

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the first things that came to mind for me with this is The Seventh One.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, this is a good card for sylvans, more draw power and is able to set sylvans in the top to excavate them, but i dont see a good way to force the second effect.

Also, this shit is pretty good in metalfoes, well, anything with a good float effect is broken with metalfoes...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Draw 3 in one turn ? Neat.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm thinking of Phantom Knights. Blow it with Broken Sword then special summon up 2 baboons for more xyz plays.

Registered User Voltanis The Adjudicator's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the one hand, this is a pretty good card.
    On the other hand, my reading of The Little Prince tells me to not trust it.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kind of a shame this isn't EARTH; a combo with Meliae of the Trees would enable a draw 4 in one turn, which admittedly might be a bit broken (DNA Transplant shenanigans, anyone?). Still, this thing'll be useful in many decks, especially those that would like a consistency boost and those that don't mind slotting a few R3NKs in the Extra.

And Metalfoes. As if they needed the consistency boost; I'd say they're plenty consistent already.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is kinda cool, i've waiting for a card like this for a long time. For true name shenanigans and to put assault mode monsters back into the deck. Plaguespreader and edge imp chain werent good enough. And btw, if you pop this with something like metalfoes or draconic diagram you can summon invoker and you know what that means.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erickdsl View Post
    This is kinda cool, i've waiting for a card like this for a long time. For true name shenanigans and to put assault mode monsters back into the deck. Plaguespreader and edge imp chain werent good enough. And btw, if you pop this with something like metalfoes or draconic diagram you can summon invoker and you know what that means.
    Zoodiacs will be sent to the shadow realm soon.
    Warera wa hitotsu ni