User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ARC-V Episode 138 Discussion: THE MANLIEST MEN OF ALL YGO-MEN!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LolsterXD97 View Post
    Because they couldn't die or otherwise the series ends. And talking about tough, I would say Kurosaki is the most tough character in ARC-V, he fell thorugh stairs, a building fell on him and got tased but still got up for a few seconds before fainting in the latter 2.
    I demand now, A Shun Fightting Spin-off.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing I really like about Zarc's broken deck is that he doesn't pull his boss monster (therefore, himself) at the last second to build a pseudo-unbreakable wall that is only there for the sake of being broken anyway, but that his own presence is needed so his deck would work. Compare Haouryuu Zarc with Nummeronius Nummeronia, Divine Serpent Geh, Dark Neosphere or Sephylon. The other boss monsters were extremely powerful, but were summoned very late and simply serve as an incredible force that gets defeated way too easy (most of the time), and usually as a last attempt to defeat the opponent. Zarc however, even his summon is almost an instant kill, needs to be on the field to draw the full potential of his monsters. Because he wasn't on the field earlier, Zarc wasn't able to summon Starve Venom when he was dueling Edo and Sora.

While Haouryuu Zarc is definitively a boss monster, he does rely on his servants, since he's not that broken to defeat every duelist by himself. All of his best servants are very powerful, they protect Zarc and his mighty presence protects them. Zarc is strong, but his servants are better in destroying the opponents then he himself, so he has more than good reasons to rely on his servants. Like in chess. Haouryuu Zarc's playstyle is more "kingslike" than Jack's, since Jack's deck has no "king-servant" relationship like Zarc does.

And as a long as people bud in, Zarc is going to show more and more of his power, something that would be impossible in short duels. This might be the first time where Zarc has to give all of what he got because he gets more and more opponents to fight him without re-setting the duel, and this might have a positive effect on him. Even better, the playstyles of the Lancers work best if of the opponent does his very best. Sawatari (and Reiji) is the only one whose playstyle is about sealing the opponent's move and preventing them from drawing their potential.
    I FUCKING HATE DUB NAMES! I HATE DUB NAMES SO MUCH!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great episode! Artwork was good, especially with that bike scene at the end. Both duelist stuck with their dueling styles and I like that. Gong using his defensive style to protect Jack was such good teamwork and classic Gong. And Jack dropping both Red Dragon's on the field was too cool! I always wanted to see Clear Wing/Crystal Wing versus the Red Dragons and it finally happened so I'm glad that got fulfilled. SPSD Clear Wing is actually nice with it's ability to inflict damage. Let's see if it keeps those effects IRL.

For the next duel, I've dumped on Sawatari this whole way through the show, but for some reason I have this feeling that Sawatari will unleash hell and light Zarc up lol. Remember his Pendulum monsters aren't shut down by Zarc. I am also interested to see if SPSD Odd-Eyes is the Pendulum version or the Main Deck version. And I don't think we'll see SPSD Starving Venom in the show because the time to drop that was against Edo and Sora.
    A Fallen Hero Is The Best Kind of Villain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKaash View Post
    Great episode! Artwork was good, especially with that bike scene at the end. Both duelist stuck with their dueling styles and I like that. Gong using his defensive style to protect Jack was such good teamwork and classic Gong. And Jack dropping both Red Dragon's on the field was too cool! I always wanted to see Clear Wing/Crystal Wing versus the Red Dragons and it finally happened so I'm glad that got fulfilled. SPSD Clear Wing is actually nice with it's ability to inflict damage. Let's see if it keeps those effects IRL.

For the next duel, I've dumped on Sawatari this whole way through the show, but for some reason I have this feeling that Sawatari will unleash hell and light Zarc up lol. Remember his Pendulum monsters aren't shut down by Zarc. I am also interested to see if SPSD Odd-Eyes is the Pendulum version or the Main Deck version. And I don't think we'll see SPSD Starving Venom in the show because the time to drop that was against Edo and Sora.
    Zarc could not summon spsd starving venom because he didn't had zarc on the field. So he could not fusion summon on his opponent's turn. Maybe in the future

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKaash View Post
    And I don't think we'll see SPSD Starving Venom in the show because the time to drop that was against Edo and Sora.
    Reiji has been confirmed to use a Fusion tho, so maybe we will see it against him.