User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: How would I have written.... Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's ?

  1. #1
    Registered User Indytotof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    France
    Posts
    1,132
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    How would I have written.... Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's ?

    Hello everyone !

    I've created this topic because I've thinked how I've would have written 5D's (and not Arc-V.... but I'm maybe going to create a topic for GX, ZEXAL and Arc-V someday).

    Let's start:

    First of all, I would have scrapped Luna's character and Dragon completely due to how incoherent her deck was and how rudundent her character was with both Jaden and Jesse. So I would have been kept the "5 Dragons" stuff coherent and not pull out of my ass a sixth Signer Dragon and Mark of the Dragons we never heard about.

    Maybe because I love duality so much, Jack would have been turn into a female character. And her Mark would have been the Tail. Childhood friend of Yusei before he was taken by an unknown man (revealed as Rex Goodwin) to become a professional duelist and the "City" (not Neo Domino but a South America-like city) new star.

    I will have make Stardust Dragon a Level 7 Monster, to keep the 2500 ATK/2000 DEF + Level 7 main protagonist Ace Monster thing coherent (member Dark Magician ? member Neos ? I do). And Yusei will have since the begining the Head Mark

    Crow would have been in the show since the begining and be Yusei's best friend (like in IRL 5D's) but not a childhood friend. And gave Black-Winged Dragon a Phantom Synchro evolution. Also, Crow would have get the Wing Mark, to be coherent with his archetype and his dragon's name.

    Black Rose Dragon would have get a Majestic evolution (and the Majestic thingy would have been something exclusive to Aki and her Black Rose Dragon). Also, a romance between Aki & Crow (the rich psychic girl & the unlucky poor guy... I'm too much into duality) when both of them encounters (romance that will have build-up, not a pulled-of-my-ass romance)

    Romance between Yusei and Female!Jack (two people that have grown together and faced each other everyday to show their skill evolution can create romantic feeling between them). But Female!Jack first act Tsundere-like towards Yusei, and then both of them admit their feeling toward each other during the Commemoration Duel.

    Yliaster Arc would have been completely scrapped and replace by an Arcadia Arc (who would have build-up the romantic relationship between Crow and Aki, since Aki would have been part of this movement and Crow tries to tell her the truth about Sayer's near-eugenic experimentations and will to enslave non-Psychics people).

    Leo's character would have been changed. He will be a scientist (working with Rex Goodwin) & an expert duelist still owning a Morphtronic deck with Power Tool Dragon as his ace. He first denied the existence of the Crimson Dragon but his point of view change during the final arc (Dark Signer's arc) when his Mark (the Heart) began to burn him significantly (and saw his ancestor's life with Life Stream Dragon in his dreams) and all his technological stuff telling him impossible things (volcanos errupting at the same times and other natural catastrophes happing at the same times all around the globe) when the Earthbound Immortals rise again.

    About the Signer Marks. They will inflict pains to their wielders when two Signer Dragons clashes or when they have prophetic dreams. Also, the Signers back-story would have been that they are members of an ancient casts of priests and priestress called the Prophetes and they adverstise the people all around the globe of dark events that are going to happen. Ancient members of that casts included the like of Noah, Moses, Jesus and oracles of all kind of antic civilisations. The origin of their prophetic powers is the Crimson Dragon that had several names during history, one of them being Quetzalcoalt (since the event of 5D's will be located in South America).

    And finaly, Rex Goodwin will be the main antagonist of the show. My 5D's would have been divided like that:

    Season 1: Friendship Cup Arc where all the Signers will met. Lazar will be the main villain of this arc (under the lead of Rex Goodwin)
    Season 2: an Arc revolving around an underground Mafia Crow have been a part of before he meet Yusei and Female!Jack. the Mafia Leader is the main antagonist (the leader will be revealed to works for Rex Goodwin). Phantom Synchro happen here. Also, Yusei is told about Accel Synchro here.
    Season 3: Arcadia Arc. Sayer is the main villain. Majestic Black Rose Dragon evolution and Accel Synchro happen here.
    Season 4: Dark Signers Arc. Rex Goodwin is the main & final villain. Roman and his Dark Signers (the same that in regular 5D's with the same back-story (except for Roman + the one intended for Devack. Grieger however will be scrapped entierely). Limit Over Accel Synchor & Double Tuning happen here + Ceremonial Duel. Rex Goodwin will have the same goal as in IRL 5D's.

    The Goodwin brothers will have the same backstory as in the Manga (because it was so friggin' good).

    The Delta Accel Synchro will be entierely scrapped. Not even mentionned.

    And that's pretty much it.

    So... what do you think ?

    EDIT : I've forgot to mention that trolling is not accepted. But I'm all for constructive criticism because I know this "fan-fiction" 5D's isn't perfect by any means.

    Thank you.
    Last edited by Indytotof; 22nd January 2017 at 06:19 PM.

  2. #2
    Registered User MadRest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    30
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Romance is something that doesn't fit in the Yu-Gi-Oh! series, at all. I'm all about having a female rival, but Jack's character fits 5D's much better. Also, if there ever were a female rival, there being a romance between her and the main character would result only in a typical tsundere layout, so I'd rather there be no romance in this series at all.

    The second half of 5D's was also better than the first, since the antagonists had actual reason behind their actions. The Dark Signers were just an extension of the King of the Netherworld, whose only motivation was pure sadism.

  3. #3
    Registered User Dread Kaiser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Terminia
    Posts
    3,614
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadRest View Post
    The second half of 5D's was also better than the first
    better be careful where you say that.....

    on the main post. I stopped reading at Fem!Jack. too busy projectile vomiting, Exorcist Style
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

  4. #4
    Registered User Indytotof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    France
    Posts
    1,132
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dread Kaiser View Post
    I stopped reading at Fem!Jack. too busy projectile vomiting, Exorcist Style
    Care to explain ?

    Quote Originally Posted by MadRest View Post
    Romance is something that doesn't fit in the Yu-Gi-Oh! series, at all. I'm all about having a female rival, but Jack's character fits 5D's much better. Also, if there ever were a female rival, there being a romance between her and the main character would result only in a typical tsundere layout, so I'd rather there be no romance in this series at all.

    Tea, Alexis, Chazz, Syrus, Yusei, Aki, Carly, Trudge, Kotori, Yuya, Yuzu, Yuto, Ruri, Yugo & Rin want to have word about "romance don't fit Yu-Gi-Oh!".

  5. #5
    Registered User Gamer5555's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Hexagon
    Posts
    72
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just my terrible opinion(nothing interesting) of course:
    Spoiler Alert!

    First of all, I would have scrapped Luna's character and Dragon completely due to how incoherent her deck was and how rudundent her character was with both Jaden and Jesse. So I would have been kept the "5 Dragons" stuff coherent and not pull out of my ass a sixth Signer Dragon and Mark of the Dragons we never heard about.
    Why not,one need to die for the sake of the title :,D
    (I would have choose Crow,just because i'm a Crow hater)

    Maybe because I love duality so much, Jack would have been turn into a female character. And her Mark would have been the Tail. Childhood friend of Yusei before he was taken by an unknown man (revealed as Rex Goodwin) to become a professional duelist and the "City" (not Neo Domino but a South America-like city) new star.
    Meh...
    At least you give a reason (duality) on why you castrate the King.
    But above all,you change the backstory of the Kin..Queen.Would the First Arc be the same without the drama around the treason of Jack?For me,no.
    And what happen to Team Satifaction?

    I will have make Stardust Dragon a Level 7 Monster, to keep the 2500 ATK/2000 DEF + Level 7 main protagonist Ace Monster thing coherent (member Dark Magician ? member Neos ? I do). And Yusei will have since the begining the Head Mark
    Ok,why not.
    One level need to die for the sake of the tradition ):,D

    Crow would have been in the show since the begining and be Yusei's best friend (like in IRL 5D's) but not a childhood friend. And gave Black-Winged Dragon a Phantom Synchro evolution. Also, Crow would have get the Wing Mark, to be coherent with his archetype and his dragon's name.
    Crow...
    If he is not a childhood friend,when did they meet?
    No Team Satifaction?So,no Kiryu?

    Black Rose Dragon would have get a Majestic evolution (and the Majestic thingy would have been something exclusive to Aki and her Black Rose Dragon). Also, a romance between Aki & Crow (the rich psychic girl & the unlucky poor guy... I'm too much into duality) when both of them encounters (romance that will have build-up, not a pulled-of-my-ass romance)

    Ok,new majestic (One for Crow and Leo too or just a new for Aki?)
    A romance between Crow and Aki...with build-up.
    Romance for romance isn't pleasant(I don't really like romance),but with a romance build up is ok.That why I tolerate the romance between Carly(?) and Jack.

    Speaking of romance and Jack:
    Romance between Yusei and Female!Jack (two people that have grown together and faced each other everyday to show their skill evolution can create romantic feeling between them). But Female!Jack first act Tsundere-like towards Yusei, and then both of them admit their feeling toward each other during the Commemoration Duel.
    Aie...
    That's what I feared first when I saw the sex-swap.And even if Jack was still a guy,a love relation between Yusei and Jack kills their fraternity.

    Tsundere Jack?Why not,Jack is already ,kinda,a male Tsundere.

    Yliaster Arc would have been completely scrapped and replace by an Arcadia Arc (who would have build-up the romantic relationship between Crow and Aki, since Aki would have been part of this movement and Crow tries to tell her the truth about Sayer's near-eugenic experimentations and will to enslave non-Psychics people).

    An Arc around the Arcadia Sec..Group look interesting.
    (Just RIP Z-one,but Sayer can certainly do the job)

    Leo's character would have been changed. He will be a scientist (working with Rex Goodwin) & an expert duelist still owning a Morphtronic deck with Power Tool Dragon as his ace. He first denied the existence of the Crimson Dragon but his point of view change during the final arc (Dark Signer's arc) when his Mark (the Heart) began to burn him significantly (and saw his ancestor's life with Life Stream Dragon in his dreams) and all his technological stuff telling him impossible things (volcanos errupting at the same times and other natural catastrophes happing at the same times all around the globe) when the Earthbound Immortals rise again.
    Sound Fun.Like that.
    He is no longer a kid?or a young genius?

    About the Signer Marks. They will inflict pains to their wielders when two Signer Dragons clashes or when they have prophetic dreams. Also, the Signers back-story would have been that they are members of an ancient casts of priests and priestress called the Prophetes and they adverstise the people all around the globe of dark events that are going to happen. Ancient members of that casts included the like of Noah, Moses, Jesus and oracles of all kind of antic civilisations. The origin of their prophetic powers is the Crimson Dragon that had several names during history, one of them being Quetzalcoalt (since the event of 5D's will be located in South America).
    Not fan of prophetic dream but ok.
    ...
    ...Will Jesus Duel?

    Season 1: Friendship Cup Arc where all the Signers will met. Lazar will be the main villain of this arc (under the lead of Rex Goodwin)
    Would the Queen have the same role than the King?Would her be the Queen in the first place?

    Season 2: an Arc revolving around an underground Mafia Crow have been a part of before he meet Yusei and Female!Jack. the Mafia Leader is the main antagonist (the leader will be revealed to works for Rex Goodwin). Phantom Synchro happen here. Also, Yusei is told about Accel Synchro here.
    Crow worked with mafia?I knew it...
    Did he finish in jail at the end?

    Season 4: Dark Signers Arc. Rex Goodwin is the main & final villain. Roman and his Dark Signers (the same that in regular 5D's with the same back-story (except for Roman + the one intended for Devack. Grieger however will be scrapped entierely). Limit Over Accel Synchor & Double Tuning happen here + Ceremonial Duel. Rex Goodwin will have the same goal as in IRL 5D's.
    So,Team Satifaction or not?
    How Kiryu can keep his backstory with changes in those of Jack and Crow?

    The Goodwin brothers will have the same backstory as in the Manga (because it was so friggin' good).
    Didn't read the mango,are they really different of their anime counterparts?

  6. #6
    Registered User Indytotof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    France
    Posts
    1,132
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamer5555 View Post
    Just my terrible opinion(nothing interesting) of course:
    Spoiler Alert!

    First of all, I would have scrapped Luna's character and Dragon completely due to how incoherent her deck was and how rudundent her character was with both Jaden and Jesse. So I would have been kept the "5 Dragons" stuff coherent and not pull out of my ass a sixth Signer Dragon and Mark of the Dragons we never heard about.
    Why not,one need to die for the sake of the title :,D
    (I would have choose Crow,just because i'm a Crow hater)

    Maybe because I love duality so much, Jack would have been turn into a female character. And her Mark would have been the Tail. Childhood friend of Yusei before he was taken by an unknown man (revealed as Rex Goodwin) to become a professional duelist and the "City" (not Neo Domino but a South America-like city) new star.
    Meh...
    At least you give a reason (duality) on why you castrate the King.
    But above all,you change the backstory of the Kin..Queen.Would the First Arc be the same without the drama around the treason of Jack?For me,no.
    And what happen to Team Satifaction?

    I will have make Stardust Dragon a Level 7 Monster, to keep the 2500 ATK/2000 DEF + Level 7 main protagonist Ace Monster thing coherent (member Dark Magician ? member Neos ? I do). And Yusei will have since the begining the Head Mark
    Ok,why not.
    One level need to die for the sake of the tradition ):,D

    Crow would have been in the show since the begining and be Yusei's best friend (like in IRL 5D's) but not a childhood friend. And gave Black-Winged Dragon a Phantom Synchro evolution. Also, Crow would have get the Wing Mark, to be coherent with his archetype and his dragon's name.
    Crow...
    If he is not a childhood friend,when did they meet?
    No Team Satifaction?So,no Kiryu?

    Black Rose Dragon would have get a Majestic evolution (and the Majestic thingy would have been something exclusive to Aki and her Black Rose Dragon). Also, a romance between Aki & Crow (the rich psychic girl & the unlucky poor guy... I'm too much into duality) when both of them encounters (romance that will have build-up, not a pulled-of-my-ass romance)

    Ok,new majestic (One for Crow and Leo too or just a new for Aki?)
    A romance between Crow and Aki...with build-up.
    Romance for romance isn't pleasant(I don't really like romance),but with a romance build up is ok.That why I tolerate the romance between Carly(?) and Jack.

    Speaking of romance and Jack:
    Romance between Yusei and Female!Jack (two people that have grown together and faced each other everyday to show their skill evolution can create romantic feeling between them). But Female!Jack first act Tsundere-like towards Yusei, and then both of them admit their feeling toward each other during the Commemoration Duel.
    Aie...
    That's what I feared first when I saw the sex-swap.And even if Jack was still a guy,a love relation between Yusei and Jack kills their fraternity.

    Tsundere Jack?Why not,Jack is already ,kinda,a male Tsundere.

    Yliaster Arc would have been completely scrapped and replace by an Arcadia Arc (who would have build-up the romantic relationship between Crow and Aki, since Aki would have been part of this movement and Crow tries to tell her the truth about Sayer's near-eugenic experimentations and will to enslave non-Psychics people).

    An Arc around the Arcadia Sec..Group look interesting.
    (Just RIP Z-one,but Sayer can certainly do the job)

    Leo's character would have been changed. He will be a scientist (working with Rex Goodwin) & an expert duelist still owning a Morphtronic deck with Power Tool Dragon as his ace. He first denied the existence of the Crimson Dragon but his point of view change during the final arc (Dark Signer's arc) when his Mark (the Heart) began to burn him significantly (and saw his ancestor's life with Life Stream Dragon in his dreams) and all his technological stuff telling him impossible things (volcanos errupting at the same times and other natural catastrophes happing at the same times all around the globe) when the Earthbound Immortals rise again.
    Sound Fun.Like that.
    He is no longer a kid?or a young genius?

    About the Signer Marks. They will inflict pains to their wielders when two Signer Dragons clashes or when they have prophetic dreams. Also, the Signers back-story would have been that they are members of an ancient casts of priests and priestress called the Prophetes and they adverstise the people all around the globe of dark events that are going to happen. Ancient members of that casts included the like of Noah, Moses, Jesus and oracles of all kind of antic civilisations. The origin of their prophetic powers is the Crimson Dragon that had several names during history, one of them being Quetzalcoalt (since the event of 5D's will be located in South America).
    Not fan of prophetic dream but ok.
    ...
    ...Will Jesus Duel?

    Season 1: Friendship Cup Arc where all the Signers will met. Lazar will be the main villain of this arc (under the lead of Rex Goodwin)
    Would the Queen have the same role than the King?Would her be the Queen in the first place?

    Season 2: an Arc revolving around an underground Mafia Crow have been a part of before he meet Yusei and Female!Jack. the Mafia Leader is the main antagonist (the leader will be revealed to works for Rex Goodwin). Phantom Synchro happen here. Also, Yusei is told about Accel Synchro here.
    Crow worked with mafia?I knew it...
    Did he finish in jail at the end?

    Season 4: Dark Signers Arc. Rex Goodwin is the main & final villain. Roman and his Dark Signers (the same that in regular 5D's with the same back-story (except for Roman + the one intended for Devack. Grieger however will be scrapped entierely). Limit Over Accel Synchor & Double Tuning happen here + Ceremonial Duel. Rex Goodwin will have the same goal as in IRL 5D's.
    So,Team Satifaction or not?
    How Kiryu can keep his backstory with changes in those of Jack and Crow?

    The Goodwin brothers will have the same backstory as in the Manga (because it was so friggin' good).
    Didn't read the mango,are they really different of their anime counterparts?
    For the Yusei x Female!Jack romance... let's says it is just a bromance. They consider each other like brother and sister (with hints of romantic interest of Female!Jack toward Yusei). But Yusei will probably have another romantic interest.

    Female!Jack will remain the same as her male counterpart. Crow meets with Yusei and The Queen after he quits the Satellite's Mafia he was working for (due to refusing to do a certain job that was in contradiction with his personnal code of honor). Also Crow will probably have a younger sister (which will be the cause of why he joins the Mafia to begin with).

    Yusei personna will not change. But the fact that Female!Jack will be chosen to become The Queen of Speed and not him make him salty. He feel that like a treason.

    Aki will start with an edgy attitude, reflecting by her Black Rose Dragon's nuke effect. But it is only a mask she wears to face the world. Crow will, piece by piece, tear Aki's mask. It will finally blows up when she summon Majestic Rose Dragon and let her be true self at last.

    Crow will still be the caring guy he is in 5D's. But due to his bad luck, and the need to find a cure for a sick little sister (which have the same age as Leo) that want to see him fly, he works for an Underground Mafia that is in fact working for Rex Goodwin to do the dirty job.

    Leo will first start as a cartesian guy. Crow, Aki, Female!Jack (I should start to find a name for her) and Yusei will have between 18-20 years and Leo will have 17 years old. Being the youngest scientist working on the Ener-D (who will still have the same backstory, as Yusei's dad) make him proud. He is also a dueling prodigy. He is a fanboy of the Queen.

    Team Satisfaction will be thing, but it will be changed. Crow will be part of. But the departure of Female!Jack make tension rise in the group. It will finally blows up the same way than in the anime.

    Carly will exist. It will introduce the first lesbian romance in Yu-Gi-Oh! (Female!Jack x Carly). She will become a Dark Signers at the end of the Arcadia arc. She will be saved by Double Tuning technique.

    Also, Shooting Quasar Dragon will have his effects (except that he will float into any Level 7 or 8 Dragon-Type Synchro Monster upon destruction), Level and Stats transfered to The Crimson Dragon itself. But the Crimson Dragon will still be a Limit-Over Accel Synchro.

    Rex and Roman Goodwin back-story are different in the manga. They comes from an ancient pre-colombian civilization that worship the Duel Dragons and their respective Duel Priests and Priestresses. Those Priests/Priestresses duels each other to prevent the awakening of the Ultimate God (manga!Crimson Dragon). Rex and Roman were adopted by a Duel Priestress Roman fall in love with. For Rex, his brother and himself were like night and day (quite fitting due to the tamed skin of Roman). Rex wish to control the Ultimate God for the same reason as in the anime.

    I'll probably post stats, level and effects of both Phantom-Winged Dragon and Majestic Rose Dragon in he CAC thread.
    Last edited by Indytotof; 22nd January 2017 at 09:09 PM.

  7. #7
    Registered User Zarkiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    257
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally, I wouldn't cut Z-one. He was probably one of the more interesting aspects to 5ds. A guy from the future who felt what he was doing was right. But it would have been better with a tie in to the dark signers season. I think having ylliaster being a group of conflict with the dark signers and signers would be really cool.

  8. #8
    Registered User Indytotof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    France
    Posts
    1,132
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarkiel View Post
    Personally, I wouldn't cut Z-one. He was probably one of the more interesting aspects to 5ds. A guy from the future who felt what he was doing was right. But it would have been better with a tie in to the dark signers season. I think having ylliaster being a group of conflict with the dark signers and signers would be really cool.
    Hmmm... I think I could do that. Also, give me a reason to introduce Limit-Over Accel Synchro.

  9. #9
    Registered User Dread Kaiser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Terminia
    Posts
    3,614
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Ok this is gonna get long......

    oooook, here we go. for your convienience I am color coding this shit
    Blue is what I think of your idea
    Red is what I would have done


    Quote Originally Posted by Indytotof View Post
    Hello everyone !

    I've created this topic because I've thinked how I've would have written 5D's (and not Arc-V.... but I'm maybe going to create a topic for GX, ZEXAL and Arc-V someday).
    Don't get me started on how I would have handled Zexal

    Let's start:

    First of all, I would have scrapped Luna's character and Dragon completely due to how incoherent her deck was and how rudundent her character was with both Jaden and Jesse. So I would have been kept the "5 Dragons" stuff coherent and not pull out of my ass a sixth Signer Dragon and Mark of the Dragons we never heard about.

    I'd have kept her around and actually given her focus.
    the premise was 5 Dragons and 5 Signers to go with. STICK TO YOUR PREMISE


    there's nothing wrong with having a non-archetype deck, look at Yusei, his deck was literal trash that people through out. the Synchro Warriors and their Synchrons were the only real theme, Jack had even less, his deck was, ESPECIALLY at the start, was fucking Random (MULTIPLE. PIECE. GOLEM). of course, Random as it was it had a clear theme and more importantly, it WORKED.

    Luna's did not. her "theme" was "Cute Shit ft. Ancient Fairy Dragon", but this is more do to being out of the spotlight (and we can blame Crow for that) and not having her own dragon, much like Yusei (though for much more poorly explained reasons). Regardless I would not count it as a point against her. I'd have given her some more screentime so her "incoherent" deck would actually have a chance to show what It could do, like Yusei did.


    Between Ancient Fairy, Ancient Forest and Regulas, her deck could have had a nice theme of cycling through different Field spells to place various effects and restrictions on the field


    The Sixth signer asspull however, I would not defend. even if it was properly foreshadowed (then delayed by meddling) and it does make sense that the Crimson Dragon doesn't need to be limited to 5 Dragons. once Again, STICK TO YOUR PREMISE.

    I'd have ditched Crow and Blackwing Dragon (which doesn't even contribute much to his own fucking deck). much like how Lua eventually got Life Stream and how Luna got Ancient Fairy back, I'd have had them happen at the same time, with effects that work in tandam (and of course on their own). the Twins should have Twin Dragons and I would have loved to see them team up to take down Earthbound Gods.


    Maybe because I love duality so much, Jack would have been turn into a female character. And her Mark would have been the Tail. Childhood friend of Yusei before he was taken by an unknown man (revealed as Rex Goodwin) to become a professional duelist and the "City" (not Neo Domino but a South America-like city) new star.

    While I also Like Duality (apparently not as much as you), I HORRIBLY Disagree here. easy stuff first. the Mark, no opinion, they really don't make much difference. Your backstory, it would have worked fine, maybe even better in some ways, but....well first things firest

    But the Genderflip is overkill. you don't need to be complete opposite just for the sake of Duality. Rather you should do the opposite.
    Being a clear "equal and opposite" counterpart is great, but you also need similarities to sell the differences. 5D's does this extremely well, showing time and again how they are extremely similar yet near opposite at the same time. the backstory is one of those things. I'll keep it short here, but Jack has commented a few times that Yusei basically took the same path he did to get to the top, and noting he did it without betraying everyone in the process. They started the same, ended up in the same place but took completely different routes there. Jack accepting Godwins deal betrayed everyone, hiding his origins and (arguably) cheated his way to the top (recall Godwin hired people to lose to him, no telling how many of Jack's victories were bought) and stood alone as the King. Yusei snuck in, shrugged off all the discrimination from his origins, forced into a tournament and fought odds stacked against him (opponents, again, hired by Godwin, this time to WIN), made new friends (and the writers forgot about the old ones...) and ended up as King (and NOT Alone).

    Also genderflipping the manliest character in the franchise is pure fucking heresy. It honestly feels more like you are doing it solely for the sake of setting up that romance below....


    I will have make Stardust Dragon a Level 7 Monster, to keep the 2500 ATK/2000 DEF + Level 7 main protagonist Ace Monster thing coherent (member Dark Magician ? member Neos ? I do). And Yusei will have since the begining the Head Mark
    I feel like its unnecessary, but ultimately irrelevant and up to opinion

    Crow would have been in the show since the begining and be Yusei's best friend (like in IRL 5D's) but not a childhood friend. And gave Black-Winged Dragon a Phantom Synchro evolution. Also, Crow would have get the Wing Mark, to be coherent with his archetype and his dragon's name.
    I would have had Crow die against the Dark Signers.....ok fine I would have never made him a Signer. nothing wrong with being a Non-magic character punching out Earthbound Gods. also I'd prefer teh twins, so all 5 are taken. again STICK TO THE PREMISE.

    Nothing wrong with the backstory change, Actually crow being unmentioned til he was introduced, him being someone met later would have worked better anyway. Phantom Synchro was a waste of Hype and I would have it die in a fire.

    Black Rose Dragon would have get a Majestic evolution (and the Majestic thingy would have been something exclusive to Aki and her Black Rose Dragon). Also, a romance between Aki & Crow (the rich psychic girl & the unlucky poor guy... I'm too much into duality) when both of them encounters (romance that will have build-up, not a pulled-of-my-ass romance)
    I'd give EVERYTHING A Majestic Upgrade
    Ughhhhhh, most irritating thing is I can actually see THAT romance plot working. have Crow breaking into Arcadia and they meet up, then running into each other as the conflict goes on



    Romance between Yusei and Female!Jack (two people that have grown together and faced each other everyday to show their skill evolution can create romantic feeling between them). But Female!Jack first act Tsundere-like towards Yusei, and then both of them admit their feeling toward each other during the Commemoration Duel.

    Reading that made me cringe....
    oook, the Way Yugioh has been handling romance up til now has been fine.
    that is to say, "leave it to the shippers, we have more important things to have on screen"

    Dropping hints and ship teasing like ARC V did would suffice (ending theme showing Yuto and Ruri going out.....and Hiding from Kurosaki, Yugo's reaction to Yuzu asking) suffices, a Romance sub-plot should never have that much Focus. and much less as a fucking Tsundere. that's been done to death already in every possible way.....ignoring that, it would also hardly be in anywhere near Jack's character (unless you are radically changing that too) and he..sh- IT would be more suited to a overly aggressive/possessive bo- Gir....LIFEMATE. Jack is far to straightfoward to really be anything else. Tsundere (assuming its done right), would be more suited to Queen Bitch mid-defrosting, like Aki.

    Ugh I need brain Bleach after thinking about that one.


    Yliaster Arc would have been completely scrapped and replace by an Arcadia Arc (who would have build-up the romantic relationship between Crow and Aki, since Aki would have been part of this movement and Crow tries to tell her the truth about Sayer's near-eugenic experimentations and will to enslave non-Psychics people).
    I'd have done both, take out the filler and you have plenty of room. or are you saying you'd Keep Crashtown?

    ONE SURPRISE CLOSING SHIFT LATER

    Arcadia dropping off the face of the earth and Ylliaster turning from ancient conspiracy to Time Travelers is supposedly because Carly's VA was apparently a cult member, so they wanted to drop that shit ASAP. which is also why Jack/Carly hit the Reset Button. Supposedly.

    I would have naturally kept Arcadia around. and I would NOT give them their own arc. Rather I would have a Clusterfuck 4 way conflict between Ylliaster (who Godwin works with, but he ultimately has his own agenda and goes Solo. also they start with Jack as their...."Champion" for lack of better term), Arcadia (who Starts with Aki around), the Signers themselves (Who the above are trying to manipulate to their own ends) and lastly the Dark Signers (who show up midway though it and fuck EVERYONE over. with proper foreshadowing that they exist first. Also Fuck the King of the Underworld). the Story is told from the perspective of the Signers and no one is telling THEM the whole story. similar will happen to the viewers (except with the signers all in seperate factions, the viewers get the full picture faster)

    something like:
    Yliaster attempting to prevent Dark Signers from killing everyone, need Signers to do it.
    Signers aren't united at first, Yusei doesn't trust any of them, Aki is working for Divine, Jack for Godwin before ditching him, Luna and Leo end up either following Yusei or being manipulated by Yliaster agent (think Luciano in the lead up to the duel boards).
    Arcadia wants the power of the Signers for themselves, Not knowing about the Dark Signers and interfering with Ylisaster's plan (admittedly, haven't given this much thought because...)
    Dark Signers show up and Arcadia is the first one they fuck over via Earthbound God mass Sacrifice. basically like in Canon except Arcadia got to actually do something first
    Godwin, basically does what he did in canon; Work over all factions to his benefit, Fucking over Yliaster from the inside while setting up Arcadia to be the first Victims of the Earthbound Gods, basically beating all of them before being beaten by Yusei

    One by one, the Signers break off from the factions they were initially with and join Yusei, and once together, use what they learned of their factions to eventually figure out the whole plot

    One thing I never liked in anime was when a new badguy faction convienently waits til the faction of the last arc to get destroyed before making moves instead. Either that or they ALWAYS happen to never have their plans overlap with anyone elses....for several seasons in a row. Why would bad guy 2 just sit there to wait and see if Bad guy 1 loses first? if 1 wins than what will he do? (in this case, Divine DID know Godwin was up to something, so it would have made no sense for him to sit back)


    Leo's character would have been changed. He will be a scientist (working with Rex Goodwin) & an expert duelist still owning a Morphtronic deck with Power Tool Dragon as his ace. He first denied the existence of the Crimson Dragon but his point of view change during the final arc (Dark Signer's arc) when his Mark (the Heart) began to burn him significantly (and saw his ancestor's life with Life Stream Dragon in his dreams) and all his technological stuff telling him impossible things (volcanos errupting at the same times and other natural catastrophes happing at the same times all around the globe) when the Earthbound Immortals rise again.
    I actually like where you are going with it, but I would have it as a seperate character. Give Godwin a non-Clown, and more importantly THREATENING Assistant I'd give him the Meklords and have him take Placido's role in Kicking Yusei's ass hard enough to make him seek a power up, leading him to Accel Synchro. also a bit of Kiryu's role in actually Traumatizing him and the other signers.

    About the Signer Marks. They will inflict pains to their wielders when two Signer Dragons clashes or when they have prophetic dreams. Also, the Signers back-story would have been that they are members of an ancient casts of priests and priestress called the Prophetes and they adverstise the people all around the globe of dark events that are going to happen. Ancient members of that casts included the like of Noah, Moses, Jesus and oracles of all kind of antic civilisations. The origin of their prophetic powers is the Crimson Dragon that had several names during history, one of them being Quetzalcoalt (since the event of 5D's will be located in South America).
    I'd keep Biblical figures out of it. if primarily because I have a deep hatred of religion.

    And finaly, Rex Goodwin will be the main antagonist of the show. My 5D's would have been divided like that:

    Season 1: Friendship Cup Arc where all the Signers will met. Lazar will be the main villain of this arc (under the lead of Rex Goodwin)
    Season 2: an Arc revolving around an underground Mafia Crow have been a part of before he meet Yusei and Female!Jack. the Mafia Leader is the main antagonist (the leader will be revealed to works for Rex Goodwin). Phantom Synchro happen here. Also, Yusei is told about Accel Synchro here.
    Season 3: Arcadia Arc. Sayer is the main villain. Majestic Black Rose Dragon evolution and Accel Synchro happen here.
    Season 4: Dark Signers Arc. Rex Goodwin is the main & final villain. Roman and his Dark Signers (the same that in regular 5D's with the same back-story (except for Roman + the one intended for Devack. Grieger however will be scrapped entierely). Limit Over Accel Synchor & Double Tuning happen here + Ceremonial Duel. Rex Goodwin will have the same goal as in IRL 5D's.

    The Goodwin brothers will have the same backstory as in the Manga (because it was so friggin' good).

    The Delta Accel Synchro will be entierely scrapped. Not even mentionned.

    I wouldn't have cleanly divided arcs, but a continous story as already described. I would still keep Accel Synchro, Double Tuning and the like, but NOT Phantom Synchro, with an Yliaster Agent showing them how they worked once they actually earned their trust (as Yliaster would be the only faction NOT actively trying to screw the world over, and they'd know how to stop the Dark Signers). I'd also scrap Devack and replace HIM with Bomber, keeping the general gist of his backstory but having him DIE in that village nuking event (becoming a dark signer that way) and having Arcadia be responsible, giving him a reason to hate Arcadia enough that he goes for them with his Earthbound God first

    And that's pretty much it.

    So... what do you think ?

    EDIT : I've forgot to mention that trolling is not accepted. But I'm all for constructive criticism because I know this "fan-fiction" 5D's isn't perfect by any means.

    Thank you.
    I have to go to work, I'll finish the rest when I get back in 4 hours or so
    BACK FROM WORK, UPDATED
    Last edited by Dread Kaiser; 23rd January 2017 at 06:00 AM. Reason: Remember when I said "4 Hours?" HAHAHAHA
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

  10. #10
    Registered User Dread Kaiser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Terminia
    Posts
    3,614
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indytotof View Post
    Care to explain ?.
    There ya go, hope you have some popcorn and no regret in asking that
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •