User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [RATE-EN] Various Zoodiac Names

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[RATE-EN] Various Zoodiac Names

Today’s official Yu-Gi-Oh! blog article reveals the names of several key Zoodiac cards!

Zoodiac Ratpier

Zoodiac Broadbull

Zoodiac Tigermortar

Zoodiac Barrage

And of course the art URLs on the blog are quite funny as usual, so we recommend checking them out.

Source

Original Comment (got debunked)
    Spoiler Alert!

Since no one posted about it, I did. Main reason being that Jerome MCHale hyped the strongest monster of 2017 with text like

Q: So, really, what does this monster do?
    A: Nothing, as indicated by its effect text being a big blank space with nothing in it.
    and

Q: Do you really expect us to believe that a monster that does nothing can be one of the strongest monsters of 2017?
    A: The basic Metalfoes are 4 monsters that don’t do anything, and they’re a defining force in tournaments right now. I don’t think it’s too hard to believe that another monster with no effect will be good in an environment where there are already 4 of them. 5 if you count Blue-Eyes White Dragon, though it’s fallen greatly in both usage and success rate since October.
    and said it will be revealed

Q: When can we see this card?
    A: January 24th. I said “in a few weeks” yesterday, but perhaps I should have just straight up said “3 weeks.” Until then, I hope you all keep enjoying yourselves trying to puzzle things out!
    My big Question is, since it is the 24th, did he really hype up Molmorat? He said a monster that does "nothing" and compared it to other Normal monsters like Metalfoes or Blue-Eyes. So what is happening? Did he "lie"?

Important to mention:

Q: Why can’t I find what this card does anywhere on the internet?
    A: You can, it’s in yesterday’s article. I suppose the actual question is “why can’t I find any record of such a card existing” and the reason for that is because it doesn’t exist yet. It won’t until the Raging Tempest Sneak Peeks happen on February 4th and 5th.
    He also said that such a card does not exist at the moment, and we can't find it anywhere exept in the article...
    He can't ignore the OCG can he?

Last edited by EmperorShun; 24th January 2017 at 11:14 PM.
    Warera wa hitotsu ni

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am disappointed by how many people are buying into that "Strongest card of 2017" bullshit.

to answer
    yes he can ignore the OCG. as far as TCG marketing is concerned, Japan doesn't exist. That said he is pretty clearly referring to a TCG original here, probably that Fusion. I imagine its a Generic Fusion monster (possibly fuse ANY monsters) with huge numbers and no effect.
    No I doubt he was hyping Momorat. do you remember the TCG hyping Trick Clown back in CORE? no it was all about Red-Eyes, they never consider the engine cards to be "powerful". That's even assuming they know what they are talking about to begin with.

and yes, he is just generating Hype
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Meanwhile in Japan: a rumor on tweeter says there will be rules change in March + some interesting reprints in Neo New Hyper Strong Dinosaur SDR:

> 12 000 LP instead of 8000
    > No Pendulum Summon 1st Turn
    > a "4th deck" will be created
    > Ghost Reaper & Cherry Blossom, Solemn Strike and Twin Twisters as reprint in Neo New Hyper Strong Dinosaur SDR.

Its probably fake, so take it with a grain of salt.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indytotof View Post
    Meanwhile in Japan: a rumor on tweeter says there will be rules change in March + some interesting reprints in Neo New Hyper Strong Dinosaur SDR:

> 12 000 LP instead of 8000
    > No Pendulum Summon 1st Turn
    > a "4th deck" will be created
    > Ghost Reaper & Cherry Blossom, Solemn Strike and Twin Twisters as reprint in Neo New Hyper Strong Dinosaur SDR.

Actually the new series supposedly starting in April and it would make sense to change the rules. 8000 Life is just too easy to clear in 1 turn now
    they altered the rules when ARC V started, so there is enough reason that it could be true

not spreading it around til I hear more official word though, my faith in Konami isn't high enough that I believe they would be smart enough to actually raise the starting life count

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dread Kaiser View Post
    Actually the new series supposedly starting in April and it would make sense to change the rules. 8000 Life is just too easy to clear in 1 turn now
    they altered the rules when ARC V started, so there is enough reason that it could be true

not spreading it around til I hear more official word though, my faith in Konami isn't high enough that I believe they would be smart enough to actually raise the starting life count
    Expect raising the life points would be stupid when we have cards like ancient leaf and hope for escape at 3.
    I know what you did last summer.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ghost Reaper & Cherry Blossom in a structure deck sounds really weird...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Never die View Post
    Expect raising the life points would be stupid when we have cards like ancient leaf and hope for escape at 3.
    there's these beautiful things called an errata and banlist that would solve that entirely, much like they did to Catapult Turtle when Pendulum was introduced.

meanwhile, it would make games last a bit longer by making OTK's harder

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamer5555 View Post
    Ghost Reaper & Cherry Blossom in a structure deck sounds really weird...
    As wierd as Archfiend Eccentrick... oh wait.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dread Kaiser View Post

They could be testing a new format. Maybe only for videogames or augmented reality devices considering the VR angle around the upcoming show.

Konami wants to please a new generation of players that the new anime (a lots of marketing) is gonna bring.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As wierd as Archfiend Eccentrick... oh wait.
    Ghost Reaper & Cherry Blossom need an extra deck to work,i'm not sure you can place a card like that in a structure deck without extra deck.
    except if the last dino cards is an extra dino,and then Ghost Reaper & Cherry Blossom would work in mirror match...